ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags doesn't care about your stat chasing, neither does Frank
jerryaldini 12:10 AM 12-05-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...lack-of-sacks/

Originally Posted by :
And then, listen, every time they drop back to throw the football, we’re trying to affect the quarterback,” Spagnuolo said. “It doesn’t have to be a sack, I say this all the time, everybody gets wrapped up in numbers and that’s the big number, but it’s more than that. It’s how we affect the quarterback.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...cks-penalties/

Originally Posted by :
I’m a team player, I’m not about to go out of the gameplan to make a play. You see a lot of that stuff in football today. You’ve got guys that want to be ‘the show.’ They want that sack so bad that they’re chasing sacks. They’re doing stuff like that and they see it affect their team. That’s one thing that I pride myself on being is a team player. The team first before Frank. I’ve gotten to where I am today by being a great teammate, not being a great individual player — to keep it real.”

[Reply]
kcclone 10:12 AM 12-05-2020
Frank has something that many really good players want. And he has an opportunity to get another one this year.

Let’s watch this play out before we throw the guy under the bus.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:14 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I was an early supporter of the hire, and I'm still on board with him today.

We need to improve, but he's not going to throw his guys under the bus.
Yeah Spags is clearly doing a little soft shoe here to avoid bad mouthing his guys... but they definitely need to pick it up as we head into the late innings
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:15 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
What do you think about Clark's play this season?
Was fine and then hit a bad stretch. It's a long season and ridiculous to suggest cutting him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 12-05-2020
Defenses aren’t performing well across the league.

Chiefs defense is good. Not great not terrible

They’re gonna ease on down to a 15-1 season.

It’s probably gonna end up being one of the better teams we’ve ever witnessed here.
[Reply]
TRR 10:47 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Defenses aren’t performing well across the league.

Chiefs defense is good. Not great not terrible

They’re gonna ease on down to a 15-1 season.

It’s probably gonna end up being one of the better teams we’ve ever witnessed here.
Good is probably a little strong. The KC D is mediocre at best up to this point of the 2020 season. Hopefully Snead can lock down the nickel spot, and bring consistency to the position. Okafor can stay healthy, and put together a dominate 5+ game stretch, Gay continues his growth and receives an expanded role, and Thornhill starts to play a little more like pre-injury Juan.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:53 AM 12-05-2020
Miss those Derrick Thomas 15 sack seasons.
[Reply]
kcclone 11:00 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Right, but that D was all the Chiefs could really hang their hats on. We're 10-1 and reigning champs.

In a perfect world, there might be a little room for improvement, but realistically this is as good as it gets.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:06 AM 12-05-2020
You morons realize the Chiefs defense has been "good" compared to the rest of the league right??? There are no shut down defense thus year and the Steelers sure aren't slowing down KC
[Reply]
Redbled 11:16 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Loved DT but rather be where we are now than 1st round exits.
[Reply]
Oxford 11:17 AM 12-05-2020
Last year it was FC's neck injury. I wonder if he is injured this year? It will be interesting to see who they draft this off season at OL/LB/DE. I would like to see some of the backups to get a lot of time against Denver but I fear it will be another heavy snap count for FC.
[Reply]
O.city 11:19 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Good is probably a little strong. The KC D is mediocre at best up to this point of the 2020 season. Hopefully Snead can lock down the nickel spot, and bring consistency to the position. Okafor can stay healthy, and put together a dominate 5+ game stretch, Gay continues his growth and receives an expanded role, and Thornhill starts to play a little more like pre-injury Juan.
Adjust your definitions of good for NFL defenses.

The Chiefs are probably a top 10 defense this year. That doesn't necessarily mean they're a normal top 10 defense.

They're "good" relatively.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:51 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Clark is fine..we are 10-1

Couldn't find a gif from this season? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:12 PM 12-05-2020
As long as the shark shows up in the playoffs and does what he did last year all will be forgiven. We are no longer a regular season team. We are are win the SB or bust team. That's what time it is right now.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:18 PM 12-05-2020
I truly believe many people on this board don’t watch any other NFL games. There’s no such thing as a lock down defense. Good defense means holding the other team under 24.
[Reply]
TRR 12:24 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Adjust your definitions of good for NFL defenses.

The Chiefs are probably a top 10 defense this year. That doesn't necessarily mean they're a normal top 10 defense.

They're "good" relatively.
No need to adjust the definition. They are mediocre/middle of the road in nearly every statistical category.

You simply can’t watch this defense, and it’s lack of competence in even the minor details, and state they are good.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up