ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm all about Elon Musk doing his thing but Starlink...
Mephistopheles Janx 11:00 PM 12-03-2020
... is gonna get on my fucking nerves. While I realize these are not the first low orbit satellites it seems that these are extremely bright and form a chain which are extremely eye catching and, IMO, take away from the night's sky.

I took this photo about 2 hours ago.

[Reply]
DaFace 02:10 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is not dumb. He is also not as smart as he or many portray him to be. He is just extremely immature.
I'm not sure "immature" is the right word for it. He says plenty of immature things, sure, but they're mostly things that a majority of CPers would find at least mildly amusing. The difference is just that he has a worldwide platform that he speaks from, so he has a ton of visibility. Combine that with being worth so much money that he doesn't give a fuck about what anyone thinks, and you get his "immature" persona.

But...c'mon. Selling "short shorts" for $69.420 as a way of rubbing it in the face of his detractors is kind of hilarious.

Only $69.420!!

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 5, 2020

I suppose that his sleep-deprived antics where he has directly attacked people on Twitter can be seen as a sign of immaturity. I'd just call it dumbassery, but I could be convinced otherwise.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:15 PM 12-04-2020
He is not dumb. He is also not as smart as he or many portray him to be. He is just extremely immature.
I hope to be not as smart as Elon one day so I too can run my own empire.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:20 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I hope to be not as smart as Elon one day so I too can run my own empire.
He built all his current wealth using other people’s money. Much easier to do what he has done being handed millions by others to do so.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:23 PM 12-04-2020
He built all his current wealth using other people’s money. Much easier to do what he has done being handed millions by others to do so.
I'd love to know what successful businesspeople you think got there without either 1) family money or 2) investors.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:49 PM 12-04-2020
I, for one, actually love to sit outside at night at the farm when the moon is least bright and watch for passing satellites and match them up to my satellite tracker. So this does not bother me in the least.
[Reply]
eDave 02:51 PM 12-04-2020
That's what smart people do.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 03:12 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Yup... pollution of the night sky bothers me. I wasn't even looking at the sky when I saw this. I walked outside to grab something from my vehicle when my brain insisted something was wrong with the sky (or different) which made me look.

If it is bright and intrusive enough for my brain to register it... it is going to bother me.
You only see low earth satellites shortly after dusk or just before dawn. In the dead of night light from the sun won't hit them because it will blocked by the earth. More of a fun fact....I get when you are out at night, it will usually be shortly after dusk or just before dawn.

It is a trade off. Yes you will have to put up with light pollution these satellites will produce but you will also reap the benefit of a world connected by the internet. You don't get to have a modern world and a pristine natural world. We get to choose and our nature is to choose to make things easier for us. Bees make honey, humans pave paradise and put up parking lots.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:18 PM 12-04-2020
You're all dumb.

The Earth is flat and those so called "low orbit" satellites are really just flares.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:26 PM 12-04-2020
One of the reasons he's so saavy quite honestly. His companies not only appeal to make money, but they are innovative and attract PR, investors, and hype. And he was a self made billionaire. Not a Donald Trump I inherited it billionaire.

People love to bitch about Tesla's (and his other ventures) venture capital & public funds but in reality the gasoline industry is way way more subsidized than the electric vehicle business. The subsidies are just applied differently.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:31 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You're all dumb.

The Earth is flat and those so called "low orbit" satellites are really just flares.

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:31 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Elon Musk is a huge dumbass
Because he got tested for the "invisible enemy" multiple times?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:36 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

[Reply]

El Lobo Gordo 03:45 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One of the reasons he's so saavy quite honestly. His companies not only appeal to make money, but they are innovative and attract PR, investors, and hype. And he was a self made billionaire. Not a Donald Trump I inherited it billionaire.

People love to bitch about Tesla's (and his other ventures) venture capital & public funds but in reality the gasoline industry is way way more subsidized than the electric vehicle business. The subsidies are just applied differently.
Elon is able to do what he does in business because he champions what Simon Senik calls "Just Causes".

Elon isn't driven by making billions of dollars in profit...at least that is not what he is selling. He is driven to save the earth and humanity. He gets followers who give him money.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:48 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Elon Musk is a huge dumbass
Elon Tusk is a badass.

[Reply]
eDave 03:48 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Elon is able to do what he does in business because he champions what Simon Senik calls "Just Causes".

Elon isn't driven by making billions of dollars in profit...at least that is not what he is selling. He is driven to save the earth and humanity. He gets followers who give him money.
AKA, marketing.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up