ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm all about Elon Musk doing his thing but Starlink...
Mephistopheles Janx 11:00 PM 12-03-2020
... is gonna get on my fucking nerves. While I realize these are not the first low orbit satellites it seems that these are extremely bright and form a chain which are extremely eye catching and, IMO, take away from the night's sky.

I took this photo about 2 hours ago.

[Reply]
eDave 11:04 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
... is gonna get on my fucking nerves. While I realize these are not the first low orbit satellites it seems that these are extremely bright and form a chain which are extremely eye catching and, IMO, take away from the night's sky.

I took this photo about 2 hours ago.

I thought they put some sort of non reflective stuff on the newer launches due to complaints. Seen this photo many times from others as well.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:11 PM 12-03-2020
Aren't they supposed to separate after a bit and not be so obnoxious ?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:15 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Aren't they supposed to separate after a bit and not be so obnoxious ?
Yeah, this set just launched last week. They're not positioned yet.
[Reply]
oldman 11:48 PM 12-03-2020
I only see 2 in your photo. The 1st set of 60 (?) were all in a line but they were supposed to spread out.
As a side note, has anyone tried them out? I'm on satellite here and my current provider is slow and expensive.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:50 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I only see 2 in your photo. The 1st set of 60 (?) were all in a line but they were supposed to spread out.
As a side note, has anyone tried them out? I'm on satellite here and my current provider is slow and expensive.
I think you are looking at the bottom right or perhaps the far left? Look in the dead center... 8 dots.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:31 AM 12-04-2020
Asian companies are working on low earth orbit displays, like advertising and "meteor showers" for special occasions. Great.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:22 AM 12-04-2020
Elon Musk is a huge dumbass
[Reply]
eDave 01:25 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
:-)
[Reply]
carcosa 01:39 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
:-)
Don't shake your head at me. I'm right!!!!
[Reply]
penguinz 10:01 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
He is not dumb. He is also not as smart as he or many portray him to be. He is just extremely immature.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:42 AM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is not dumb. He is also not as smart as he or many portray him to be. He is just extremely immature.
A lot of people of high intelligence are not socially mature. Atleast thats what ive been telling my wife when i laugh at farts.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:28 PM 12-04-2020
really? something in outer space is annoying?
[Reply]
carcosa 01:32 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He invented "the train but worse" and a bunch of rubes still think he's this brilliant Ideas Man.

Pathetic!!!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:01 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
really? something in outer space is annoying?
Yup... pollution of the night sky bothers me. I wasn't even looking at the sky when I saw this. I walked outside to grab something from my vehicle when my brain insisted something was wrong with the sky (or different) which made me look.

If it is bright and intrusive enough for my brain to register it... it is going to bother me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up