ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Texas high school football player slams ref to the ground after ejection
Deberg_1990 09:52 PM 12-03-2020
Wow!

pic.twitter.com/2vdrVVGQEJ

— santiago📍 (@_7santiago) December 4, 2020

Really really ugly moment here in Edinburg

Idk what happened but Emmanuel Duron was ejected from the game

Moments later, he ran onto the field and body slammed the ref who ejected him

Ref is still down on the turf #RGVFootball #txhsfb

— Andrew McCulloch (@ByAndyMcCulloch) December 4, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:18 PM 12-04-2020
This might have been a better, more discrete way, for the team to express their concern about the call:

[Reply]
kevrunner 01:52 PM 12-04-2020
Have we signed this POS yet?
[Reply]
Sorry 01:56 PM 12-04-2020
So kid got the whole team kicked outta playoffs and he was charged. What a loser
[Reply]
DaFace 02:02 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
So kid got the whole team kicked outta playoffs and he was charged. What a loser
Damn. Found a link just to get the details:

Texas high school football player who hit referee charged with assault, team removed from playoffs
Emmanuel Duron, 18, was charged with Class A assault on Friday morning https://t.co/LFarQVxZnr

— Marvin L. James II (@sportsguymarv) December 4, 2020

Honestly, that kind of sucks. His teammates shouldn't have to pay the price for his dumbassery.

In case anyone else wonders, the penalties for Class A Assault in Texas are up to a year in jail and a fine of $4,000.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:07 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Honestly, that kind of sucks. His teammates shouldn't have to pay the price for his dumbassery.
Agreed. It's also amazing to me that people keep saying the ref got body slammed - which he didn't. He got bowling balled.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 02:19 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What if ref called him a racial slur?
While he was standing on the fucking sideline? He would have had to yell it for everyone to hear. Fucking idiot
[Reply]
Frazod 02:20 PM 12-04-2020
God I hate group punishment. The ref got bullrushed by one guy, not the whole team. How'd you like to be a senior on that team and watch your last chance to play for something meaningful go swirling down the drain because of something you had absolutely nothing to do with?

Kicking the offender off the team and charging him with a real crime should be enough.

Pricks. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 02:25 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I remember when Donnie Edwards charged the ref and the ref turned around and drug Edwards for 7 more yards and another first down.
:-)

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I would have punched him in the face blown him in the bathroom at Union Station for ten bucks
we know
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:30 PM 12-04-2020
This is terrible news.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:59 PM 12-04-2020

In case anyone else wonders, the penalties for Class A Assault in Texas are up to a year in jail and a fine of $4,000.
Doesn't make sense, I'm thinking there's more to this story
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:01 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
God I hate group punishment. The ref got bullrushed by one guy, not the whole team. How'd you like to be a senior on that team and watch your last chance to play for something meaningful go swirling down the drain because of something you had absolutely nothing to do with?

Kicking the offender off the team and charging him with a real crime should be enough.

Pricks. :-)
Yeah, that seems on the surface like an inappropriate punishment. But I guess the reasoning is that they want to make sure the coaches control their teams. I guess conceivably you also don't want a coach sending some freshman scrub out to intimidate a ref, which seems far-fetched but then again people are weird.

I'll go back to my original post in this thread - this guy is going to be persona non grata at high school reunions for the rest of his life because of this.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:25 PM 12-04-2020
As a minor point of clarification, it was the school district that decided to withdraw the team from the playoffs rather than the state athletic association kicking them out. I still don't agree with it, but I'm more open to the idea of the district doling out their own punishment than I am with the punishment coming down from above.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:37 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I remember when Donnie Edwards charged the ref and the ref turned around and drug Edwards for 7 more yards and another first down.
lolol that sounds like donnie edwards. you know he would be quite valuable in todays game, if i remember right he was a covg linebacker and sucked shit against the run. we could use one of those.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 03:42 PM 12-04-2020
My entire high school sports program was placed on probation for 1 year due to a drunken fan hitting a referee at a football game. The girls basketball team went undefeated that year but wasn't allowed to play in any tournament games (even the county tournament.) The girls on that team are in their early '60s now and it still causes them pain to discuss it.

All of this because some drunk jackass hit a ref at a football game. Ridiculous!
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:43 PM 12-04-2020
As a minor point of clarification, it was the school district that decided to withdraw the team from the playoffs rather than the state athletic association kicking them out. I still don't agree with it, but I'm more open to the idea of the district doling out their own punishment than I am with the punishment coming down from above.
This is a good clarification. I guess it's better, but still kind of odd in magnitude.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up