ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Texas high school football player slams ref to the ground after ejection
Deberg_1990 09:52 PM 12-03-2020
Wow!

pic.twitter.com/2vdrVVGQEJ

— santiago📍 (@_7santiago) December 4, 2020

Really really ugly moment here in Edinburg

Idk what happened but Emmanuel Duron was ejected from the game

Moments later, he ran onto the field and body slammed the ref who ejected him

Ref is still down on the turf #RGVFootball #txhsfb

— Andrew McCulloch (@ByAndyMcCulloch) December 4, 2020

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:29 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh, but you did send the dick pic. That explains everything.
Nope.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:29 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I highly doubt that has ever happened.
Ah, so it's not because it's the logical thing to do, but because it's a common thing to do.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
SiGNifiCaNtlY dAMAgE yoUr FuTurE. By missing out on a high school football game? I mean, yeah, if you peak in high school maybe.

If the team puts each other over individual accomplishments this doesn’t happen. One for all and all for one.
I said "could." Dumbass.

Have you never heard of HS athletes getting scholarships for athletics? Those playoff games "COULD" have made a difference in a kid's future. maybe not. But it is possible. And yeah, I've seen a single game make that kind of a difference in a kid's life.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 12-04-2020
Nope.
Apparently you did something similar. You played a part in some prank, which means there was some level of planning that you took part in, some level of participation that you willingly involved yourself in.

The fact that you can't see that, and see the difference between your willing participation in some stupid prank, and the impulsive behavior of one player speaks volumes. Get a brain.
[Reply]
Delano 06:35 PM 12-04-2020
I said "could." Dumbass.

Have you never heard of HS athletes getting scholarships for athletics? Those playoff games "COULD" have made a difference in a kid's future. maybe not. But it is possible. And yeah, I've seen a single game make that kind of a difference in a kid's life.
You said would you cunt. Fuck off.

You sound like the type that lives vicariously through high school athletes. You’re the weird guy at the game who isn’t related to anyone playing yet you’re oddly obsessed aren’t you?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:39 PM 12-04-2020
Apparently you did something similar. You played a part in some prank, which means there was some level of planning that you took part in, some level of participation that you willingly involved yourself in.

The fact that you can't see that, and see the difference between your willing participation in some stupid prank, and the impulsive behavior of one player speaks volumes. Get a brain.
Can't really dox myself here but I had no part in "planning" because there was no plan and my involvement was to find a specific kid's locker. Which was super easy because there was a list of lockers with their users on a corkboard.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:42 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Ah, so it's not because it's the logical thing to do, but because it's a common thing to do.
You get the world you deserve working in corporate. You trade logic and some of your freedoms for a stable paycheck and benefits.

Don't like the idea that some dude's actions -or even alleged actions- can have consequences for you? Then find another job.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:51 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
You said would you cunt. Fuck off.

You sound like the type that lives vicariously through high school athletes. You’re the weird guy at the game who isn’t related to anyone playing yet you’re oddly obsessed aren’t you?
What the fuck are you talking about? Are you on drugs?
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:52 PM 12-04-2020
I dunno how you grew up but collective punishments is pretty standard.
In school they weren’t uncommon,but that was generally when an actual perpetrator couldn't be identified. So everyone gets punished. And i still question whether that is a proper course of action.

Can't think of any instances of it in my adult life.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:09 PM 12-04-2020
Come on. This is a short-sighted stretch of an argument. The likelihood that another game would make a meaningful difference in one of these players' lives is so small but, yes, obviously non-zero. We can agree on that point.

But if we're talking about the 1-in-1,000 scenario, maybe the district's pulling this team out of the playoffs sends some message down the line. Maybe there's some kid out there in two years stewing on the sidelines about some call, telling his teammates that he's going to bury that ref, and maybe they think back to this situation, and understand that it impacts the entire team, and talk him off a ledge. Maybe that changes the course of that kid's life because he didn't make a catastrophic error in judgment. Maybe this teaches these kids to be more accountable for the actions of their teammates.

I'm not saying I agree with the district's call. It's a tough one. But that's a pretty vicious attack on a ref and I'd rather they overpunish in a situation like this.
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:23 PM 12-04-2020
I said "could." Dumbass.

On the plus side, a kid from a different school might now get a scholarship, there’s only so many to go around.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:29 PM 12-04-2020
HS football is almost religion down there. Can't really say I understand why the school is forcing the team out of their remaining games if the kid that blindsided the ref has been punished.

Back when I played they made the rest of us do extra conditioning when a kid on the team fucked up by getting detention/suspension or when someone got a D or F. I can kind of understand that. This was a criminal act by a dumbass that just lost his mind. There's no lesson to be learned here by the rest of the players.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 07:29 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
In school they weren’t uncommon,but that was generally when an actual perpetrator couldn't be identified. So everyone gets punished. And i still question whether that is a proper course of action.

Can't think of any instances of it in my adult life.
Voice of reason, thank you.
[Reply]
seclark 07:45 PM 12-04-2020
Either way,the rest of the team should beat the shit out of the guy.
sec
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:55 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Come on. This is a short-sighted stretch of an argument. The likelihood that another game would make a meaningful difference in one of these players' lives is so small but, yes, obviously non-zero. We can agree on that point.

But if we're talking about the 1-in-1,000 scenario, maybe the district's pulling this team out of the playoffs sends some message down the line. Maybe there's some kid out there in two years stewing on the sidelines about some call, telling his teammates that he's going to bury that ref, and maybe they think back to this situation, and understand that it impacts the entire team, and talk him off a ledge. Maybe that changes the course of that kid's life because he didn't make a catastrophic error in judgment. Maybe this teaches these kids to be more accountable for the actions of their teammates.

I'm not saying I agree with the district's call. It's a tough one. But that's a pretty vicious attack on a ref and I'd rather they overpunish in a situation like this.
Is that what happened? Did this kid sit there and stew over a flag for months/years/whatever and then tell his teammates he was going to freight train the guy? I wasn't aware of that. I only saw the clip in the OP. that would change things, imo. Is there a link to this backstory?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up