ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:57 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

The #1 problem is that vaccine manufacturers have zero liability. I don't think most people realize this.
I just about posted this...

If that vaccine ****s you up or kills someone you love...you have no financial/legal recourse. You're on your own as far a medical expenses...

So...that's a big nope. Dont get me started about embedded nano particles...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:54 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
I'll take it but not the Bill Gates version. that guy is a genuine misanthrope. I don't want to end up with the blue lips of death error. seriously... Bill Gates is a social retard and nobody has done more to suppress the wages of STEM workers in America. And Melinda Gates is a man
Imagine a world where normal people actually thought like this.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:25 AM 11-24-2020
I'll definitely be taking one of the vaccines sometime next year.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:33 AM 11-24-2020
i vote no.

But, I will eventually get it, as I'm sure employers will eventually require it; and I"m sure eventually there will be some sort of 'token' or app you have on your phone youll have to show to get into grocery stores, etc.

so while it won't be 'required'....it'll be required.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:00 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
No, let's get you started. I haven't had my dose of crazy yet.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:18 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No. Dicks.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:19 AM 11-24-2020
I’ll be one of the first it’s offered to in healthcare, our rehab opted in the receive the vaccine early and I’ll gladly accept it.

This vaccine makeup is very safe. We know much about previous SARS and so it’s not like vaccine makers are starting from scratch. Drop the conspiracy bullshit if it’s above your reading level.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:20 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I just about posted this...

If that vaccine ****s you up or kills someone you love...you have no financial/legal recourse. You're on your own as far a medical expenses...

Yeah. And if a crow accidentally flies up your asshole, you're also on your own as far as medical expenses.

Better not risk going outside.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:23 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
i vote no.

But, I will eventually get it, as I'm sure employers will eventually require it; and I"m sure eventually there will be some sort of 'token' or app you have on your phone youll have to show to get into grocery stores, etc.

so while it won't be 'required'....it'll be required.
Pretty much this for me as well. I work in State Government, so I'd bet that sooner or later it will somehow be required.

Thing is, I personally don't feel the need. I'm not anti-vax, I've taken plenty in my time for overseas trips etc. But if I didn't have to take it, I wouldn't. If I'm compelled to, I probably will.

It bothers me that movie theaters, concert venues, sports venues etc could have access to my records and confirm or deny my entry based on that. It seems Orwellian to say the least. And like it or not, once that precedent has been set, there is no stopping it's expansion to who knows what.

I know people get annoyed with people like me and brand me as uncaring of my fellow man. Here's what I don't get. If the vaccine is meant to innoculate you from getting the Rona...and you don't take it...how is it that you are endangering anyone except yourself and others who choose not to take it? My body my choice...right?
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:32 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Pretty much this for me as well. I work in State Government, so I'd bet that sooner or later it will somehow be required.

Thing is, I personally don't feel the need. I'm not anti-vax, I've taken plenty in my time for overseas trips etc. But if I didn't have to take it, I wouldn't. If I'm compelled to, I probably will.

It bothers me that movie theaters, concert venues, sports venues etc could have access to my records and confirm or deny my entry based on that. It seems Orwellian to say the least. And like it or not, once that precedent has been set, there is no stopping it's expansion to who knows what.

I know people get annoyed with people like me and brand me as uncaring of my fellow man. Here's what I don't get. If the vaccine is meant to innoculate you from getting the Rona...and you don't take it...how is it that you are endangering anyone except yourself and others who choose not to take it? My body my choice...right?
Because if the effectivity rates of this vaccine really are as good as 90%, we have the chance to basically (not totally, but basically) stomp this thing flat and dead so that we don't have to worry about another pandemic until the next virus leaks out from a Chinese lab.

If enough people like you choose not to take it, that dream goes away and we have to keep worrying about COVID numbers for a long long time into the future. It becomes just like the flu, essentially, except way more potent for people who catch it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:40 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Good and fair question.

And there are lots of ways to answer it, but the most simple: the vaccine is not 100% effective. So you may not be endangering 95% of the people who choose to take the vaccine, but you may be endangering the other 5%. Yet if everyone gets vaccinated, it basically disappears from circulation.

And yes, your body, your choice. And when your health insurance provider decides to raise your premiums because you choose not to take the vaccine, they'll answer, "Our coverage. Our choice." And if the movie theater you frequent decides to require a vaccination because they reason that by doing so they'll seem like a safe space and attract more business, they'll answer, "Our theater. Our choice."

Life is about incentives. If protecting 5% of the people who take the vaccine isn't enough for you, the market will find others way to encourage you to take it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:46 AM 11-24-2020
GCHQ in cyberwar on anti-vaccine propaganda
Spies tackle disinformation linked to Russia

GCHQ has begun an offensive cyber-operation to disrupt anti-vaccine propaganda being spread by hostile states, The Times understands.

The spy agency is using a toolkit developed to tackle disinformation and recruitment material peddled by Islamic State, according to sources.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...anda-mcjgjhmb2
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:47 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Who in their right mind trusts Big Pharma?

The #1 problem is that vaccine manufacturers have zero liability. I don't think most people realize this. They have no incentive to produce a safe product. Couple that with the fact that they're using experimental RNA technology that is denounced by a lot of scientists and ethicists, and fast-tracking it to the market. No thanks.
This is nonsense.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:53 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This is nonsense.
Aside from the fact that their entire business is based on credibility, these companies have no incentive to produce anything remotely safe. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:00 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Good and fair question.

And there are lots of ways to answer it, but the most simple: the vaccine is not 100% effective. So you may not be endangering 95% of the people who choose to take the vaccine, but you may be endangering the other 5%. Yet if everyone gets vaccinated, it basically disappears from circulation.

And yes, your body, your choice. And when your health insurance provider decides to raise your premiums because you choose not to take the vaccine, they'll answer, "Our coverage. Our choice." And if the movie theater you frequent decides to require a vaccination because they reason that by doing so they'll seem like a safe space and attract more business, they'll answer, "Our theater. Our choice."

Life is about incentives. If protecting 5% of the people who take the vaccine isn't enough for you, the market will find others way to encourage you to take it.
Fair enough. And this is why I feel that at some point I'll be compelled to take it. It just seems somehow insidious to me, and again, it's a slippery slope. What ELSE will you be compelled to do in the future based on what happens here? Sounds paranoid I know, and I can't really put my finger on it...but it just seems really potentially diabolic.

If there had been a vaccine in the 80's for AIDS, would it be OK to force everyone to take it? Just to eradicate the virus? It's a little different, but not much. It is highly communicable, but it is so based on your behavior.

I dunno. It just sucks. I'm sure I'll end up taking the thing. I just don't feel that it's necessary. Someone else is making that decision for me, and accusing me of not caring for my fellow man as their reasoning to shame me into taking it. It's just un-nerving.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 38
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up