ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 149
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:17 AM 01-22-2020
Gordon back. And in other news...it's the 3 year anniversary of Ventura's death. Still a gut-punch.

Per source, Alex Gordon and the Royals have agreed on a one-year deal for $4 million for 2020. Gordo is back.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) January 22, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:22 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Gordon back. And in other news...it's the 3 year anniversary of Ventura's death. Still a gut-punch.

I was wondering when that would happen. Both sides were still speaking like he was still employed with the team. Definitely transitioning to a "Mike Sweeney" type (a good, hometown player who brings the fans out to see a bad team) at this juncture. I'm not against it, I've made no secrets that I'm a massive Gordo fanboy.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:27 AM 01-22-2020
Not much else to root for, so why not? Since Dayton Moore is so awful at building the roster nowadays there's nobody in the OF close to the majors being blocked by Gordon.

On another note, we're only a couple of months or so from the season and still no announcement on a TV contract? Negotiations must not be going well...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:36 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Not much else to root for, so why not? Since Dayton Moore is so awful at building the roster nowadays there's nobody in the OF close to the majors being blocked by Gordon.

On another note, we're only a couple of months or so from the season and still no announcement on a TV contract? Negotiations must not be going well...
I thought they closed on that in September? Something like 48-52 mil a year, I thought. It wasn't groundbreaking but at the same time we didn't seem to get stiffed. Right at market value.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:38 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I thought they closed on that in September? Something like 48-52 mil a year, I thought.
It was reported they were close, but nothing has come out since.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:02 AM 01-22-2020
The Royals aren't close to contending so he can stay as long as he wants.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:10 AM 01-22-2020
I guess there wasn’t much demand for him anywhere else?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:18 AM 01-22-2020
Baseball America released their top 100, Royals have 3 on the list. Twins have 6 and Tigers have 5.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 12:26 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I guess there wasn’t much demand for him anywhere else?
He said he was playing for the Royals or retiring.

He wasn't interested in the open market.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:31 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
He said he was playing for the Royals or retiring.

He wasn't interested in the open market.
Which is interesting in light of the fact that he waived his 10 and 5 rights as part of the new contract.
[Reply]
tk13 12:38 PM 01-22-2020
Gordon waived his 10/5 rights, so they can trade him if they want. Interesting they made that part of the deal. I'm kind of surprised he agreed to that, but he might not have had a choice.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:35 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I thought they closed on that in September? Something like 48-52 mil a year, I thought. It wasn't groundbreaking but at the same time we didn't seem to get stiffed. Right at market value.
In September Biz Journal had a story saying Royals had signed a new 5 year extension to their radio contract with 610 sports. (it goes through 2024 )- https://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...adcasting.html

No mention of actual dollar amount for radio deal.

Found this old news on new TV contract -

Originally Posted by :
An offer from FSKC was presented in May, according to sources. A new deal, likely in the 10- to 15-year range, is expected to bring the Royals somewhere near the $48-52 million range per year in rights fees.

The Royals’ present 11-year deal with FSKC, which expires after this season, was backloaded and will bring the Royals about $25 million this season, though its average annually was closer to $20 million.

That TV deal with FSKC was signed in 2008 and, though now often regarded as financially inadequate, was welcomed at the time. It replaced the ill-fated in-house Royals Sports Television Network, which struggled mightily trying to distribute games to area cable and satellite companies, often leaving tens of thousands of fans without coverage.

Negotiations for a new deal between the Royals and FSKC have been slowed this year by outside factors, namely Sinclair’s pending deal to purchase all the Regional Sports Networks (including FSKC) from Disney, which is acquiring numerous 21st Century Fox assets. That deal was reportedly finally completed late Friday. The Department of Justice had mandated that Disney, which also owns ESPN, sell off the RSNs to avoid a sports monopoly.

Fox also is in the midst of negotiations with Dish Network over an expiring carriage deal, which has slowed Royals-FSKC negotiations as well.

https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/roya...-fox-sports-kc

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:48 PM 01-22-2020

🚨 #RoyalsFanFest UPDATE 🚨

We will hold a naturalization ceremony for Salvy on the Main Stage on Friday and encourage fans to wear red in support of the @Chiefs.

👉 https://t.co/GDD3I4xdmM pic.twitter.com/hBO72lnoLG

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) January 22, 2020

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:41 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Prison Bitch is going to be pissed
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:49 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Great news I love salvy!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 149