ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 149
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:29 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Minority owner Patrick Mahomes II is liking tweets from released Rockies OF David Dahl. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
There is a connection back to Mahomes.

Originally Posted by :
Dahl lives with his dog, a Golden Retriever named Rookie, and his wife, Jacquelyn Dahl, founder of 1UP Sports Marketing, where she represents high-profile athletes such as Patrick Mahomes, Julian Edelman, and Danny Amendola.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Dahl_(baseball)

[Reply]
bsp4444 12:11 PM 12-05-2020
I was thinking Pittsley was top 5 also, but he wasn’t. You could throw in someone like Ashe Russel (not tp 5 but never even made it to full season ball) or Chris Lubanski instead.

Starling never delivered, but even making the show as a 5th OF type is better than those 5-6 dudes.
I unintentionally thumbs downed this. Sorry.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:36 PM 12-05-2020
Minority owner Patrick Mahomes II is liking tweets from released Rockies OF David Dahl. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

As much as I'd like to see KC land Schwarber and insert him at 1B, Dahl is much more of a Royals type of addition. He's an athletic, multi-talented OF. His injury history is significant and concerning, but a team that managed to keep Lorenzo Cain generally healthy for a five-year period can probably sell itself - and probably Dahl - on its ability to do the same for him.
His wife is Mahomes' PR rep.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:41 PM 12-05-2020
Yeah, let's make that happen.

Dahl has never been able to stay healthy but is a potential lineup centerpiece, star bat. Someone who can slash .300/.350/.500 while playing good defense in a corner OF spot.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:53 PM 12-05-2020

As much as I'd like to see KC land Schwarber and insert him at 1B, Dahl is much more of a Royals type of addition. He's an athletic, multi-talented OF. His injury history is significant and concerning, but a team that managed to keep Lorenzo Cain generally healthy for a five-year period can probably sell itself - and probably Dahl - on its ability to do the same for him.

They could still get Schwarber right? I’d be happy if Dahl & Schwarber were added to this group.

The Mahomes Effect
[Reply]
Coach 04:02 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They could still get Schwarber right? I’d be happy if Dahl & Schwarber were added to this group.

The Mahomes Effect
I would definitely love to have Schwarber as a DH. Problem is, we already have Soler for that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:05 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I would definitely love to have Schwarber as a DH. Problem is, we already have Soler for that.
I want him at 1B not DH.
[Reply]
tk13 04:07 PM 12-05-2020
Only problem with Schwarber is you basically have two DHs on the team. I can't imagine Dayton would be too thrilled about that. Going from Gordon to Schwarber in LF in our giant ballpark.
[Reply]
Coach 04:10 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Only problem with Schwarber is you basically have two DHs on the team. I can't imagine Dayton would be too thrilled about that. Going from Gordon to Schwarber in LF in our giant ballpark.
Yeah, no, I don't want Schwarber in LF or anywhere in our spacious outfield. But if a game is in Boston, I can deal with that due to a short outfield.

I would want him as a DH or 1st.

Plus, another value you could make an argument is that Schwarber can be a emergency C in case if your starting catcher and back-up catcher gets screwed or something. The odds of that happening is low, but it has happened.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:12 PM 12-05-2020
I thought Schwarber's injuries keep him from being a Catcher?
[Reply]
Coach 04:14 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I thought Schwarber's injuries keep him from being a Catcher?
Maybe, but from what I understand, he's not an "natural" catcher, so to speak.
[Reply]
tk13 04:18 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, no, I don't want Schwarber in LF.

I would want him as a DH or 1st.

Plus, another value you could make an argument is that Schwarber can be a emergency C in case if your starting catcher and back-up catcher gets screwed or something.
He hasn't really ever played 1st at the major league level, has he? Not that I can tell. But I get that he was a catcher and could probably do it. But you're rolling the dice a bit. If he ends up hitting .200 you've basically signed Mike Jacobs.

I wouldn't be opposed but I feel like he's a guy who would light it up in Yankee Stadium or the Reds bandbox but would look less impressive at the K.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:19 PM 12-05-2020
But if you put him at first move Dozier back to 3rd the offense gets much better.
[Reply]
Coach 04:26 PM 12-05-2020
He hasn't really ever played 1st at the major league level, has he? Not that I can tell. But I get that he was a catcher and could probably do it. But you're rolling the dice a bit. If he ends up hitting .200 you've basically signed Mike Jacobs.

I wouldn't be opposed but I feel like he's a guy who would light it up in Yankee Stadium or the Reds bandbox but would look less impressive at the K.
One game he played at first in the MLB level, so you are right, he hasn't really ever played 1st. But it's probably one of the easier "tough" positions to play, and doesn't quite require too much athleticism. Regardless, his defensive value just blows.

I would say give him a 1 year with a mutual option prove it deal. His value right now is very low, so the only way if he wants to cash in a good chunk of money is to have a "contract year", so to speak. While his batting average does suck, his OPS has been the high .700's and low .800's, with the exception of this past season.

He's also a lefty, which would give a better line-up balance as well.

This is the type of players that DM should be looking for. Low risk/high reward.
[Reply]
tk13 04:26 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But if you put him at first move Dozier back to 3rd the offense gets much better.
Maybe. It probably has more HRs for sure. I'm not 100% convinced Schwarber was a better offensive player than Franco last year.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 149
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144 > Last »
Up