ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Spags doesn't care about your stat chasing, neither does Frank
jerryaldini 12:10 AM 12-05-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...lack-of-sacks/

Originally Posted by :
And then, listen, every time they drop back to throw the football, we’re trying to affect the quarterback,” Spagnuolo said. “It doesn’t have to be a sack, I say this all the time, everybody gets wrapped up in numbers and that’s the big number, but it’s more than that. It’s how we affect the quarterback.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...cks-penalties/

Originally Posted by :
I’m a team player, I’m not about to go out of the gameplan to make a play. You see a lot of that stuff in football today. You’ve got guys that want to be ‘the show.’ They want that sack so bad that they’re chasing sacks. They’re doing stuff like that and they see it affect their team. That’s one thing that I pride myself on being is a team player. The team first before Frank. I’ve gotten to where I am today by being a great teammate, not being a great individual player — to keep it real.”

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:36 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Garbage ass Broncos moving the ball up and down the field. BuT wErE 6Th iN pOiNtS!!11!!!1!

We're lucky it was Drew Lock at qb and not someone competent.
Haha wow you are a fucking idiot.

As the Kansas City Chiefs offense was made painfully aware of tonight, it doesnt matter how easy you go up and down the field if you cant score points.

Another stellar outing for the D. 16 points surrendered, 2INT, and a snuffed 2pt play.

If the offense had shown up today, nobody would be saying shit about giving up 16.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:40 PM 12-06-2020
Another great game Spags! Love this D! 5 of 8 on stops!
[Reply]
JakeF 10:47 PM 12-06-2020
How about a sack or 2 to stop the passing attack? How about constant pressure to make guys like Carr wet themselves and start throwing INTs?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:51 PM 12-06-2020
1 sack in the last 116 pass attempts. Yikes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:52 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
How about a sack or 2 to stop the passing attack? How about constant pressure to make guys like Carr wet themselves and start throwing INTs?
Lock threw two INTs. And a pile of INC passes. You think that wasn't the result of pressure?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:56 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
1 sack in the last 116 pass attempts. Yikes.
It doesn't help when the refs aren't calling holding. On the last DEN drive Bolles bearhugged Clark and picked him up off the ground and there wasn't a flag.

Jones got doubled a lot, but also was held pretty much every play. The play where he dropped Gordon for a loss late in the game, he had two OLs hanging off his jersey, and no flags.

I don't know what's going on, but we aren't getting any calls in our favor from the refs lately. And the infractions are starting to get egregious.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:57 PM 12-06-2020
Defense was good tonight for the most part. 16 points is nothing.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:07 PM 12-06-2020
Clark, Jones, and the DLine played really well. I don't think Chief Fan understands football whatsoever.
[Reply]
Coach 11:08 PM 12-06-2020
Seems like the Chiefs defense tend to struggle in the first half or so.

But then seems like the light switch usually comes on in the 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter.

The Chiefs defense allowed 1.93 yards per play and a 73% defensive success rate in the fourth quarter.

That included three drives, all protecting a lead of less than a touchdown.

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) December 7, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 11:10 PM 12-06-2020
Lock ran the same rollout bootleg all night and the Chiefs bit on it every time. Eric Hicks was awful tonight.

Glad Honey Badger came to play tonight.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:10 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Seems like the Chiefs defense tend to struggle in the first half or so.

But then seems like the light switch usually comes on in the 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter.

Cool stat! Defense is clutch!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:13 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lock threw two INTs. And a pile of INC passes. You think that wasn't the result of pressure?
Chief Fan doesn't understand pressure. If it's not a sack or a turnover, it doesn't count.
[Reply]
JakeF 11:16 PM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably more because he sucks we did get some pretty tonight. Lock held the ball too long and Spags was more aggressive about sending people. I imagine Spags saw that the offense was sucking tonight and knew he had to do something extra.

I think that post was about a specific player, not the defense in general. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up