ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2603 of 3903
« First < 1603210325032553259325992600260126022603 260426052606260726132653270331033603 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I been working home since March. With an occasional 1 day in each month to go to the office to grab supplies, (which isn't an issue because nobody's there anyways or even if someone is there, spacing isn't an issue), I'm still working from home in July.

I hazard a guess that this probably will continue onwards until at least the end of the year, in my opinion.
My wife works for an ad firm on the Miracle Mile and has been home since early March. She recently received word that she'll be working from home for at least one more full year, if not forever.

I've got friends all over town that are also working from home with no end in sight. It's going to be interesting to see how all of the studios deal with their staffers once a vaccine is safe, effective and available for all...
[Reply]
TLO 06:03 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m digging this post.
There's been a lot of good news coming out about vaccines. Pfizer is also ramping up a Phase 3 trial. Other countries are having good luck as well.

Modern medicine is an amazing thing to behold.
[Reply]
TLO 06:09 PM 07-14-2020
And after this is all over, maybe we can properly prepare ourselves for a pandemic that is infinitely more dangerous than this one. It's terrifying to think of the consequences of being so ill prepared for something more dangerous than Covid
[Reply]
Coach 06:18 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My wife works for an ad firm on the Miracle Mile and has been home since early March. She recently received word that she'll be working from home for at least one more full year, if not forever.

I've got friends all over town that are also working from home with no end in sight. It's going to be interesting to see how all of the studios deal with their staffers once a vaccine is safe, effective and available for all...
I don't mind working from home to be honest with you. I know it's not for everyone, and I'm aware of it. For me, it has additional perks working from home, such as (in no particular order):

1. Less wear and tear on my vehicle/less mileage/less gas consumption ($ saver).

2. Free time/work time is more efficient (for me it is, can't speak for others).

a) The drive from home to work takes me about 30-35 minutes (60-65 minutes round trip). That's an extra hour of free time that I can utilize to whatever I chose to use it for. Also, added bonus is not fighting traffic.

b) Can chose to work from 8am to 12pm then 3pm to 7pm, or any hours really, so as long I put in the 8 hour shift in a day. Our management has no issues with how we stagger our hours as long we meet the 8 hour rule in a day.

3. The view in my apartment is sure as hell better looking than a cubicle in the office.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:21 PM 07-14-2020
The Pfizer news and the Moderna vaccine trials are those stories that make me optimistic that we will have a better grip on this thing by the new year.

I’m not much of a New Years celebratory guy....but if we have vaccines in the fall, I’m going to throw myself the biggest party bringing in 2021.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:21 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I honestly don't mind working from home to be honest with you. I know it's not for everyone, and I'm aware of it. For me, it has additional perks working from home, such as (in no particular order):
I've been working from home in my studio since 2011 and most days, I'm fine with it.

There have been times when I miss human interaction throughout the day, which normally isn't possible but now, with the wife and kids at home 24/7, I sometimes miss the silence.

:-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:24 PM 07-14-2020
We were scheduled to fly to florida tomorrow for our twin granddaughter's graduation. Decided to do the right thing and cancel this morning. Fuck this thing.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 06:28 PM 07-14-2020
I’ve loved working from home.

I don’t sit in traffic.

More time with the family.

Can for a run and get all sweaty during my lunch break and not have to worry about stinking out my cowowrkers.

Microsoft teams is great.

Eating much better....like I’m eating out maybe once a month (curbside to go).

...that chatter with our leadership group is that once things get back to “normal” we will have the option to continue to work from home. I’m hoping that’s the case. I will probably end up working 3-4 days from home and just head into the office for client meetings or project coordination.
[Reply]
Donger 06:38 PM 07-14-2020
65,000+ new cases, 931 new deaths so far.

Mask up, people.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:38 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
And after this is all over, maybe we can properly prepare ourselves for a pandemic that is infinitely more dangerous than this one. It's terrifying to think of the consequences of being so ill prepared for something more dangerous than Covid
If history is anything to go by we will probably spend 5 or so years building a great capability. But if it isn’t needed then the capacity will start deteriorating, funding cuts, etc.

But I’m all for building it up as much as possible.

I would like to see other low probability/high impact events get more attention and preparation.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:42 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If history is anything to go by we will probably spend 5 or so years building a great capability. But if it isn’t needed then the capacity will start deteriorating, funding cuts, etc.

But I’m all for building it up as much as possible.

I would like to see other low probability/high impact events get more attention and preparation.
Permanently reduced capacity for live sports and entertainment combined with mandatory mask wearing on all forms of mass transit.

Yay.
[Reply]
Donger 06:45 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Permanently reduced capacity for live sports and entertainment combined with mandatory mask wearing on all forms of mass transit.

Yay.
Pandemics can be beaten, even without vaccines. "We've" done it before. And, there seems to be reason to be optimistic about getting a vaccine for this damn virus this time.
[Reply]
kgrund 06:53 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Pandemics can be beaten, even without vaccines. "We've" done it before. And, there seems to be reason to be optimistic about getting a vaccine for this damn virus this time.
This will be a nothing burger next year.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 06:55 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
This will be a nothing burger next year.
The permanent 10% unemployment is a total nothingburger. Right.

Also going to be amusing to see a good number of those current WFH jobs get offshored.
[Reply]
kgrund 06:59 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The permanent 10% unemployment is a total nothingburger. Right.

Also going to be amusing to see a good number of those current WFH jobs get offshored.
I agree with you on this. The economic impact will last far longer than this virus.
[Reply]
Page 2603 of 3903
« First < 1603210325032553259325992600260126022603 260426052606260726132653270331033603 > Last »
Up