ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 268
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Bowser 05:08 PM 04-14-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 05:10 PM 04-14-2017
Well, one thing is for certain - Disney has had themselves one hell of a week with first the Thor teaser and then the Star Wars teaser. They're going to be swimming in money by the end of the year.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:44 PM 04-14-2017
clue me in, why is the star wars logo red this time around?
[Reply]
007 06:07 PM 04-14-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
clue me in, why is the star wars logo red this time around?
Sith
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:03 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
IT'S OVER REY! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

God the line is bad enough but that raised eyebrow look he gives... Ok I'm done.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:45 AM 04-15-2017

Here's a @starwars #TheLastJedi animated poster that nobody asked for. #excited pic.twitter.com/ZDB2hKzSV8

— Eric Stafford (@Eric_himself) April 14, 2017

[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:21 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
It's obviously Luke.
If you look closely, Luke's lips are moving, so it has to be Luke. I had to watch the trailer 5-6 times on my big tv to notice it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:09 AM 04-15-2017
At the very least, it does NOT look like a "reboot" of Empire. Everyone should be excited about that...I can't wait to see where they are taking this.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:40 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well, one thing is for certain - Disney has had themselves one hell of a week with first the Thor teaser and then the Star Wars teaser. They're going to be swimming in money by the end of the year.
Star Wars
Gaurdians
Thor (a Thor movie people actually want to watch)
+Animated releases
+ Other stuff we can't think of at the moment.

If word of mouth is good on most of these movies they might hit close to 5 bil.

Star Wars could come close to $2b if it doesn't suck out loud.

GOTG will probably get 3/4 a bil.

Thor could get anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 a bil.

And we haven't even mentioned the animated films or family fluff they'll put out yet...
[Reply]
Rausch 08:47 AM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
At the very least, it does NOT look like a "reboot" of Empire. Everyone should be excited about that...I can't wait to see where they are taking this.
The first original/diverging take on SW's after Lucas.

I would love a story where Luke brings balance to the force by asking her to be balanced (light and dark) in the force.

Not ignoring any aspect and trusting her to take advantage of her full potential...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:54 PM 04-15-2017
@GMA
EXCLUSIVE: @StarWars: #TheLastJedi director @rianjohnson says "last Jedi" is SINGULAR in his mind.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:22 PM 04-15-2017
Can Ford pull off the mother-daughter combo?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:43 PM 04-15-2017
LUCASFILM PRESIDENT KATHLEEN KENNEDY SAYS CARRIE FISHER WILL NOT APPEAR IN STAR WARS: EPISODE IX

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/04/lu...rs-episode-ix/

Originally Posted by :
In a new clip shared by Good Morning America, President of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, clarifies that although Carrie Fisher plays a prominent role in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, she unfortunately will not appear in Episode IX. Kennedy explains that by the time of Fisher’s passing, although the story for Episode IX was far along in their heads, the script had not yet been written. After Fisher’s passing, Kennedy says that they “started over.”

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:14 PM 04-15-2017
huh, so that shot of Rey on the cliffside is clearly reversed in the trailer....

https://gfycat.com/InsistentFewGoitered
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:07 PM 04-15-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The first original/diverging take on SW's after Lucas.

I would love a story where Luke brings balance to the force by asking her to be balanced (light and dark) in the force.

Not ignoring any aspect and trusting her to take advantage of her full potential...
That's exactly what they're doing. They've spent an entire season of Rebels (which is canon) introducing the concept of...something...existing between the dark and the light.

I think what they're going to do is introduce the original teachings of the Whills, allowing them to go into how corrupted the Jedi Order had become over the milennia, like it's a cult, and that cutting themselves off from all emotion (including positive emotion like love and family) was a mistake that fed directly into the rise of the dark side.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 268
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up