ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 384 of 1210
« First < 284334374380381382383384 385386387388394434484884 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
In58men 10:54 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
That's right. There's advantages to dried noodles over fresh.
Lots advantages, sometimes fresh or homemade isn't always a winner. True story, one of the best spaghetti sauces I've tried was from a jar and it was doctored up quite nicely. I was pretty amazed.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:55 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Lots advantages, sometimes fresh or homemade isn't always a winner. True story, one of the best spaghetti sauces I've tried was from a jar and it was doctored up quite nicely. I was pretty amazed.
Well, I must confess I do the same thing, which is blasphemy in my family. I am not sacrificing a whole day just to make an 'effing sauce.
Not when Classico's Tomato Basil tastes just like my Nonna's once I add more garlic and fresh basil. If it didn't I'd probably make my own.

I do make my own Pomodoro sauce cause it's easy and quick. Plus, it's nice and light, which I prefer.
[Reply]
threebag 11:08 PM 12-15-2016
How about goose breast? Any recipes or tricks?
[Reply]
In58men 11:20 PM 12-15-2016
Well, I must confess I do the same thing, which is blasphemy in my family. I am not sacrificing a whole day just to make an 'effing sauce.
Not when Classico's Tomato Basil tastes just like my Nonna's once I add more garlic and fresh basil. If it didn't I'd probably make my own.

I do make my own Pomodoro sauce cause it's easy and quick. Plus, it's nice and light, which I prefer.
Yep I'm the same way, I'll make my mothers sauce when I'm not lazy. I usually buy the two big jars at Costco, add Italian seasoning, white pepper (grandpa always told me never to use black pepper in spaghetti sauce), tons of crushed garlic (yes, in a jar).
[Reply]
In58men 11:22 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
First get a box of goldfish and some ketchup........
[Reply]
scho63 07:55 AM 12-16-2016
First get a box of goldfish and some ketchup........
What about the smoker? :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:30 AM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I've had them in a crock pot with jellied cranberries and a little bit of water. Delicious
[Reply]
scho63 09:00 AM 12-16-2016

Classico is my "go-to" jar sauce for sure. Usually can get one of the big three supermarkets here to have it on sale for $2 a jar, once in a blue moon even cheaper if you buy 5. Their sausage sauce has lot's of meat in it
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:08 AM 12-16-2016
That's right. There's advantages to dried noodles over fresh.
I've agreed, but there are also advantages of fresh over dried. I'm not sitting here saying you should use fresh all the time.

But if fresh is good enough for Mario Batali's lasagna, that's good enough for me.

But like I said, I've used both, and both are good in their own rights. I make it with dried probably 4:1.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:09 AM 12-16-2016
:-) FRIG OFF!!!!!!!!

What's the recipe douche.
No thank you.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:26 AM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Classico is my "go-to" jar sauce for sure. Usually can get one of the big three supermarkets here to have it on sale for $2 a jar, once in a blue moon even cheaper if you buy 5. Their sausage sauce has lot's of meat in it
Yeah, it's not expensive. Actually, it's one food item where the price seems to have declined or not gone up like a lot of other food items. I get the three pack from Costco which uses larger jars. I don't buy any of the others, I prefer to add my own meat for meat sauce, meatballs or even chicken. Toss chicken in that and it is awesome!

Just add a lot more garlic and fresh basil. Delich!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:35 AM 12-16-2016
If we're talking jarred sauce, I'll put a word in for Paesana and Victoria.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:46 AM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Never had Paesana, bit Victoria is excellent.
[Reply]
sedated 11:53 AM 12-16-2016
I've tried a bunch of Classico and other sauces, they just don't do it for me. I can't even count the number of nearly full pasta sauce I've thrown out.

No joke, the best I've had is Best Choice Traditional. Costs $1.25.
[Reply]
scho63 01:10 PM 12-16-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Never had Paesana, bit Victoria is excellent.
I've had Victoria as well as it's pretty good.

I've never bought any crazy premium sauces that are $6 or more a jar like Rao's from New York or Mario Battali's.
[Reply]
Page 384 of 1210
« First < 284334374380381382383384 385386387388394434484884 > Last »
Up