ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Through six games, the Chiefs are the worst defense ever measured in yards allowed
Shag 05:28 PM 10-15-2018
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ense-is-great/

Originally Posted by :
Through six games, the Chiefs are the worst defense ever measured in yards allowed. They’ve yielded 2,809 yards, or 468.2 per game, and are on pace for 7,491 yards allowed over the full season. That would smash the record set by the 2012 Saints, the only team in history to give up more than 7,000 yards. No team that’s allowed even 6,600 yards in a season has ever finished with a winning record.

[Reply]
loochy 05:00 AM 10-16-2018
BUT DURBURDURR THEY NOT THAT BAD DURRR DURRR
WHEN WE GET BERRY WE TRANSFORM AND BE THE BEST

/fans in denial

At this point, just cut everyone possible and replace them all with vet min scrap heap FAs and buy more O linemen and weapons for the O
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:12 AM 10-16-2018
They were almost as bad last year, and homers kept saying none of it mattered because they were middle of the pack in points due to turnovers.

Of course it does matter in the postseason, against teams that finish drives and don't hand you turnovers. You can fatten up all year on the bottom half of the league but it doesn't work in January.

Sutton will still have to be fired before the ardent homers will see that the problem is the personnel, and it's going to take a few years to fix.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:39 AM 10-16-2018
While I agree that the defense is awful, what does that say about, say, the Patriots? They allowed a rookie (yes I know not exactly a rookie, but close enough) to put up 31 in their house and damn near pull out the win. I think this has a ton to do with many factors, Sutton being just one:

Sutton's scheme
The players are just not that good
Our offense scores quickly and often, makes opposing offenses have to get chunk plays to keep up. NOtice how early in games the defense seems to do at least OK, but once we've gone up a score or two they implode. Not all offenses can do that, but with today's rules leaning toward benefitting offenses, more and more can simply move the ball better. The NFL wants it that way.

Look a the vaunted Jags, "best defense in the NFL". They got raped 2 weeks in a row. I know the Cowboys are good, but they are not as good as the Chiefs, and they put up 40 on the Jags.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 05:51 AM 10-16-2018
Bend and occasionally break D
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:55 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
I understand where you're coming from in terms of yards and points. You're correct that if your team doesn't give up points, it is doing its job, but if you're giving up that many yardage, then that tells me that they're on the field way too long than they should be (depending on the circumstances) and not getting the ball back to the offense sooner than they should.

The Chiefs are 32nd in the NFL in giving up yardage, and if they were in the 15-20 range for points given up, they would be doing their jobs, thus, the definition of mediocre/below average. Unfortunately, that is not the case, because not only they're giving up a lot of yardage, they're also giving up points as well (they're 27th in the NFL in points given up).
It's not good to give up lots of yards. I'm not saying that doesn't matter.

But what's more important? And if you're the NFL, why use yards over points? Because not only do points also matter, I think they're MORE important of a metric when evaluating total team defense.
[Reply]
loochy 06:58 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Bend and occasionally break D
bend all the way into the end zone
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:02 AM 10-16-2018
The stat should be yards that end in points.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:24 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Relax y'all. Berry is day to day
Rep
[Reply]
gimmieshelter69rs 09:27 AM 10-16-2018
2011 pats allowed 6577yards went to sb
[Reply]
gimmieshelter69rs 09:29 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's not good to give up lots of yards. I'm not saying that doesn't matter.

But what's more important? And if you're the NFL, why use yards over points? Because not only do points also matter, I think they're MORE important of a metric when evaluating total team defense.
ppg is the only stat that matters
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:34 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by gimmieshelter69rs:
The chiefs have allowed 172 points in 6 games.

Geezus, it's not like KC is 10th in points allowed. They're 27th allowing almost 29 points per game. That's atrocious.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:35 AM 10-16-2018
This defense is an all-time great at sucking.
[Reply]
loochy 09:36 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by gimmieshelter69rs:
They're shitty at that too. Stop making excuses you homer.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bobbything 09:37 AM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Worst defense i have ever seen in my 35plus years watching football. they are just bad.
But I keep being told by people here that this isn't anywhere near as bad as the 2003 defense, despite practically every metric pointing to the contrary.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10-16-2018, 09:40 AM
This message has been deleted by WhiteWhale.
DRM08 09:40 AM 10-16-2018
Dumpster fire defense. Unfortunately I don’t see how they can fix it very quickly. Will take several years to build it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up