ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A tradition like no other ****Official Masters Thread****
neech 06:48 AM 04-15-2024
I can't stand the LIV tour either and everyone I talked to that watches golf doesn't like it either.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:10 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
I can't stand the LIV tour either and everyone I talked to that watches golf doesn't like it either.
What made the PGA Tour interesting was it was survival. You have to make the cut to get paid. You have to win to get a two-year tour card. You watch those random tournaments and there are guys fighting for their careers in contention. There's suspense to that.

You win and you get invited to the Masters, how cool is that?

LIV has none of that suspense. No cut. They're already getting paid handsomely, so do they really need this tournament win? It just seems like an exhibition or practice to me.

I don't blame the golfers for taking the money, but it is vastly inferior golf.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 04-15-2024
Scheffler is a robot out there, isn't he?

None of this Mickelson stuff where he's hitting save shots all day and hanging on like grim death. Or even Woods and guys like Rory who hit incredible shots in between fairly mundane holes.

He's just out there going fairway to green all day. With little/no emotion. He's easily the best golfer on the tour right now and doesn't seem to have a fanbase.

Have we had a silent assassin sort in awhile?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:04 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

None of this Mickelson stuff where he's hitting save shots all day and hanging on like grim death. Or even Woods and guys like Rory who hit incredible shots in between fairly mundane holes.

He's just out there going fairway to green all day. With little/no emotion. He's easily the best golfer on the tour right now and doesn't seem to have a fanbase.

Sheffler is a great ball striker that's for sure. He just is not gravitating. Not in interviews or on the course. I think he knows this and is trying to work on it. Not that he should have to but it is the world we live in
[Reply]
scho63 09:13 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Sheffler is a great ball striker that's for sure. He just is not gravitating. Not in interviews or on the course. I think he knows this and is trying to work on it. Not that he should have to but it is the world we live in
I don't need every golfer to be the life of the party and in reality, Tiger Woods was a dick many times and Jack Nicklaus could be prickly most often.

They let their play speak for themselves.

I like Molnati, Michaelson, Trevino, Chi Chi, Arnold from a personality point.

Some guys are just pompous.

Paul Azinger is a giant jerkoff and that I know personally.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:18 AM 04-15-2024

I'm a huge fan of his, but you are right. He is just kind of .... there .... doing exactly what he needs to do to win.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:17 PM 04-15-2024

Yeah, there's a little irony there because everyone says "Yeah he's great, he's just so damn boring". Well consistency IS boring and that's exactly what you want playing golf.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:23 PM 04-15-2024
It wouldn't have been boring yesterday if somebody was actually good enough to challenge him. His competitors shriveled up.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:30 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It wouldn't have been boring yesterday if somebody was actually good enough to challenge him. His competitors shriveled up.
Really think Aberg is going to be a challenger down the road. Watched him a little bit last year at the Big 12 tourney at Prairie Dunes and the kid is good. Won the individual title by like 8 strokes.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:53 PM 04-15-2024

City AM, London’s most read financial paper, is reporting Rory McIlroy could be close to joining LIV Golf for $850 million plus an ownership stake in the league. This report comes on the back of strong rumours among media members at the Masters.

More:https://t.co/jbPmQVHAGM

— Flushing It (@flushingitgolf) April 15, 2024

Rory on the way out next?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:53 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Really think Aberg is going to be a challenger down the road. Watched him a little bit last year at the Big 12 tourney at Prairie Dunes and the kid is good. Won the individual title by like 8 strokes.
Agreed, he hits a great ball. Might even be a top 10 player (skill/talent-wise) in the world already. If it wasn't for 11, he might have been right there at the end.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:47 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah, there's a little irony there because everyone says "Yeah he's great, he's just so damn boring". Well consistency IS boring and that's exactly what you want playing golf.
Bingo! This is exactly right!

In all my years of watching the PGA on TV, I don't recall seeing anyone have that kind of consistency off the T yesterday, it was truly masterful.
[Reply]
philfree 06:30 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah a little more personality in the process might not hurt but golf is all about being consistent with how a guy goes about his business.
[Reply]
scho63 09:09 AM 04-15-2024
I think LIV golf is OK. I don't hate it like so many do and like the relaxed atmosphere to a point and wonder if it is TOO relaxed, especially only 3 rounds.

DeChambeau sure looked like the 4th round in a row got to him.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:15 AM 04-15-2024
Count me in on the F the LIV group. They sold their souls to get paid. They can stay over there and get paid.

Still pissed the PGA allows them to play in their tournaments. They made their decision, live with it. Goes for the opens too for me.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up