ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 101
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:57 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yup thats even higher than I thought it would be, I was expecting -8 or -9.
Surprising. We haven't beaten anyone by more than a TD since we blew out the Jets.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:11 AM 01-11-2021
I'm not pining for Hunt, but I just watched the replay, and I forgot how aggressively that dude runs. He really is pretty unique.

I think Chubb is better but they have a really nice 1-2 punch at running back. Seems the running game gives us problems on defense, but they can't keep up with Mahomes doing that shit. I'll come down to Baker being better than Mahomes at scoring points. Don't see that happening.

It's the playoffs, anything can happen. But, I feel like what we saw last night was the best the Browns could do and that was with 5 turnovers. They ain't gonna see that vs. KC.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:11 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Why do you have a Chiefs avatar then?
I'm pretty sure he came over when Alex was signed because he is a Smith fan boy. It's kinda like the Tom Brady Tampa Bay fans now. But he's never hidden the fact that he's a Browns fan if memory serves.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:11 AM 01-11-2021
The Browns will be getting back Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson, a big boost to their secondary.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:17 AM 01-11-2021
Will be interested to see status of CEH and/or Gay. I’m sure we’ll see something by the first practice, but any word at all yet?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:26 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Browns will be getting back Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson, a big boost to their secondary.
I wonder if they had symptoms.

Takes a bit to get your physical conditioning back if you do. I can attest to it. Granted I’m not an NFL player, but they say Myles Garrett went through a funk for a couple weeks when he got back.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:29 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Browns probably lose yesterday if it weren't for 2 Pitt turnovers in the first 4 minutes of the game.
I don't know if CLE loses, but it would've been a much different game. But I always thought it was basically a coin flip, and even then CLE had to play a pretty clean game to beat PIT. And PIT is and has been a shell of themselves for most of the season.

But CLE looked more like the Steelers of old than the Steelers did last night. On offense, not on defense, obviously. CLE ran the ball well for the most part, until PIT decided to lock that down, they took care of the ball, and they took advantage of PIT's mistakes and scored TDs.

PIT, on the other hand, looked a lot like "those same old Browns," and not at all like PIT. They turned the ball over multiple times, and once due to sheer ineptitude. They couldn't run the ball, even though CLE pretty much didn't defend the run. PIT's receivers ran the wrong routes, their OL couldn't block up well enough to either establish a run or keep Ben clean long enough to get going in their offense. Etc.

But CLE still left a ton of plays on the field, especially on defense. They allowed Ben to throw for 500 yds and 4 TDs. Regardless of their COVID issues or whatever, that's inexcusable.

So, while I'm certainly happy for Browns fans, and tickled that things have worked out largely as I predicted they might, it's plain to see that CLE is at least 1 if not 2 seasons early to this show. You can't beat the Chiefs by leaning on a run game, and that whole plan falls apart even faster if your defense can't stop the Jets.

Congratulations to the Browns though. It was a fun game to watch.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:33 AM 01-11-2021
Part of me is kind of scared by that two headed monster in Hunt and Chubbs. But then I say to myself "The Cleveland Browns defeat Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs to move onto the AFC Championship game" and then I just die laughing. So yeah, I feel pretty confident.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:38 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Part of me is kind of scared by that two headed monster in Hunt and Chubbs. But then I say to myself "The Cleveland Browns defeat Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs to move onto the AFC Championship game" and then I just die laughing. So yeah, I feel pretty confident.
Every team remaining in the playoffs has something scary about them. For Cleveland it's the running backs. However, the Chiefs pose more scary matchup problems for opponents than opponents do for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 01-11-2021
For fun i rewatched the highlights of Tech vs Oklahoma.

It dawned on me that for Mayfield to win THIS game, it's going to have to go much like their college game: Mayfield dumping it to his RB's and let them do the rest.

Mayfield had some nice throws in that game, don't get me wrong. But Joe Mixon was most of their offense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:42 AM 01-11-2021
Oh no Watkins what is you doing?!?

I wouldn’t go that far lol..!

— King me (@sammywatkins) January 11, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 11:45 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know if CLE loses, but it would've been a much different game. But I always thought it was basically a coin flip, and even then CLE had to play a pretty clean game to beat PIT. And PIT is and has been a shell of themselves for most of the season.

But CLE looked more like the Steelers of old than the Steelers did last night. On offense, not on defense, obviously. CLE ran the ball well for the most part, until PIT decided to lock that down, they took care of the ball, and they took advantage of PIT's mistakes and scored TDs.

PIT, on the other hand, looked a lot like "those same old Browns," and not at all like PIT. They turned the ball over multiple times, and once due to sheer ineptitude. They couldn't run the ball, even though CLE pretty much didn't defend the run. PIT's receivers ran the wrong routes, their OL couldn't block up well enough to either establish a run or keep Ben clean long enough to get going in their offense. Etc.

But CLE still left a ton of plays on the field, especially on defense. They allowed Ben to throw for 500 yds and 4 TDs. Regardless of their COVID issues or whatever, that's inexcusable.

So, while I'm certainly happy for Browns fans, and tickled that things have worked out largely as I predicted they might, it's plain to see that CLE is at least 1 if not 2 seasons early to this show. You can't beat the Chiefs by leaning on a run game, and that whole plan falls apart even faster if your defense can't stop the Jets.

Congratulations to the Browns though. It was a fun game to watch.
True, but Cleveland can throw it also, and that's the key. IF they can combine their solid run game with an efficient passing one, and HIT their downfield shots (Like the Raiders did at Arrowhead) they will be a problem.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:45 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Don't get to worked up, Clark shit talked all postseason last year.
[Reply]
TEX 11:46 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

He should know better.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:46 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I love when teams have dominant running games because we get up two scores and they abandon them ie titans.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 101
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up