ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1209 of 1209
« First < 20970911091159119912051206120712081209
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 02:31 PM 04-30-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Looks damn good to me! :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 05:42 PM 05-04-2024
I continue my obsession with Top Sirloin. 17 bucks for that big chunk and it was amazing with a little manipulation

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:10 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I continue my obsession with Top Sirloin. 17 bucks for that big chunk and it was amazing with a little manipulation

Man that is some perfectly done sirloin, pink and juicy looking A+... its hard to pull that off with sirloin because of how lean it is

Its Taco Saturday here, hit up the local food truck for three carne asada street tacos plus rice and beans for just $11 plus tip for lunch... and tonight is American style beef tacos with Aldi mex cheese blend, minced onion, tomato, lettuce, and sour
[Reply]
Pablo 06:22 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Man that is some perfectly done sirloin, pink and juicy looking A+... its hard to pull that off with sirloin because of how lean it is

Its Taco Saturday here, hit up the local food truck for three carne asada street tacos plus rice and beans for just $11 plus tip for lunch... and tonight is American style beef tacos with Aldi mex cheese blend, minced onion, tomato, lettuce, and sour
I'm gonna do taco salad tomorrow night or monday night I'm pretty sure. Same rotation with a little lettuce. Always hits the spot.
[Reply]
scho63 06:51 PM 05-04-2024
Bon Chon Chicken. 5 drumsticks with garlic soy.

Chicken was dried out and over cooked. Sucked.

I don't think I can pick one place I've eaten at in the last 10 years that hasn't gotten worse. Quality down, service down. Such a disappointment.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:48 AM 05-05-2024

Please provide the trick with top sirloin. It's cheap and useful but I don't think I do it well unless I marinade it in something.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:05 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Please provide the trick with top sirloin. It's cheap and useful but I don't think I do it well unless I marinade it in something.
You're already doing it the right way. But just blade tenderizing or poking with a fork then doing Allegro and garlic for a marinade is the first part. If nothing else you've gotta tenderize and salt them a while.

I changed my process a little this time and it was perfection. I patted dry, left out at room temp for an hour. Salted and used some avo oil to sear over direct high heat for about 4 mins a side. Then moved over to indirect heat and let finish with a probe until it hits 120. Took another 15 mins. Tented and rested with butter for probably 45 mins honestly because I got busy.

Mostly my mind wants to cook a "steak" like a steak. Direct high heat with flipping constantly. Tent and rest 15 mins and you're good to go with typical cuts. These top sirloins are cut so thick and they're so lean I think the hot sear then indirect finish with much longer resting time made all of the difference in the world. And they need to sit out a while to not be cold in the center when they get on the grill. And that 120 mark is important as well. I don't think these are very forgiving cuts when you let them run up into the high 120s or 130 degrees
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:08 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This, what is the secret, sensei?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:14 AM 05-05-2024
You're already doing it the right way. But just blade tenderizing or poking with a fork then doing Allegro and garlic for a marinade is the first part. If nothing else you've gotta tenderize and salt them a while.

I changed my process a little this time and it was perfection. I patted dry, left out at room temp for an hour. Salted and used some avo oil to sear over direct high heat for about 4 mins a side. Then moved over to indirect heat and let finish with a probe until it hits 120. Took another 15 mins. Tented and rested with butter for probably 45 mins honestly because I got busy.

Mostly my mind wants to cook a "steak" like a steak. Direct high heat with flipping constantly. Tent and rest 15 mins and you're good to go with typical cuts. These top sirloins are cut so thick and they're so lean I think the hot sear then indirect finish with much longer resting time made all of the difference in the world. And they need to sit out a while to not be cold in the center when they get on the grill.
Great job, but now you've got me thinking Sous Vide too. Four+ hours at 120, then a quick sear sounds like a rainy day project.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:21 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Great job, but now you've got me thinking Sous Vide too. Four+ hours at 120, then a quick sear sounds like a rainy day project.
Do it and report back.

I will also say I've got some thick cuts from hyvee butcher case in these runs. Usually like 10/lb. I don't know how well my specific method works with thinner ones but I'll figure it out lol
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:28 AM 05-05-2024
Do it and report back.

I will also say I've got some thick cuts from hyvee butcher case in these runs. Usually like 10/lb. I don't know how well my specific method works with thinner ones but I'll figure it out lol
Will do. I'm going to be traveling quite a bit in the coming months (life is good!!!), but hopefully I'll have time between trips to spend some time grilling..
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:19 AM 05-05-2024

[Reply]
Womble 10:19 AM 05-05-2024

Had me some baby back ribs this afternoon. We don't have many good places for ribs in London but this place is legit.
[Reply]
Page 1209 of 1209
« First < 20970911091159119912051206120712081209
Up