ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Top 100 Players 2019
ThaVirus 04:59 PM 07-24-2019
Schwartz for the HOF is laughable. He's really good but he's not dominant.

Then again they let in Jerome Bettis so apparently they're just letting everyone in these days..
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:00 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Then again they let in Jerome Bettis so apparently they're just letting everyone in these days..

Really the dude hasn't missed a game all while shutting down the best pass rushers game after game, season after season.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:27 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Really the dude hasn't missed a game all while shutting down the best pass rushers game after game, season after season.
Gonna be a tough sell, brotha. Really tough.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:29 PM 07-24-2019
Gonna be a tough sell, brotha. Really tough.
Just curious. Did you believe that Will Shield would make it to the HOF?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:50 PM 07-24-2019

Just keep laughing. Schwartz will keep clocking in and going to work.

He has over 7000 Consecutive snaps. Joe Thomas, a sure HOFer has the streak record at 10,363. Schwartz has averaged 1,056 snaps a season—if his average holds, he would break the record during the fourth quarter of the 13th game of the 2021 season.

This and several more Probowls and SB Rings will punch his ticket in.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:31 PM 07-25-2019
Just curious. Did you believe that Will Shield would make it to the HOF?
I did, but the comparison just isn't there.

Shields never missed a game (224!). 12-time Pro Bowler. 2-time first team All-Pro. An anchor on one of the greatest OL units of all time.

I feel like most people would agree Will Shields is a top 10 G of all time. He's top 15 at the very worst.

Is Schwartz even a top 25 T of all time? Top 50?

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Just keep laughing. Schwartz will keep clocking in and going to work.

He has over 7000 Consecutive snaps. Joe Thomas, a sure HOFer has the streak record at 10,363. Schwartz has averaged 1,056 snaps a season—if his average holds, he would break the record during the fourth quarter of the 13th game of the 2021 season.

This and several more Probowls and SB Rings will punch his ticket in.
Joe Thomas was better than Schwartz has ever been though.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:32 PM 07-25-2019
I did, but the comparison just isn't there.

Shields never missed a game (224!). 12-time Pro Bowler. 2-time first team All-Pro. An anchor on one of the greatest OL units of all time.

I feel like most people would agree Will Shields is a top 10 G of all time. He's top 15 at the very worst.

Is Schwartz even a top 25 T of all time? Top 50?

Joe Thomas was better than Schwartz has ever been though.
Of course there is a difference between RT and LT so I think that is a bad comparison and not fair to any player at either position.
Schwartz has not missed a single game his entire career either (112).
He was a 1st team All-Pro last season.
Unless something bad happens I think he would have a very realistic shot at making the HOF. It sure won't help when he gets a couple of SB rings over the next few seasons.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:42 PM 07-25-2019
Of course there is a difference between RT and LT so I think that is a bad comparison and not fair to any player at either position.
Unless something bad happens I think he would have a very realistic shot at making the HOF. It sure won't help when he gets a couple of SB rings over the next few seasons.
I think it might help quite a bit.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:20 AM 07-26-2019
The difference is shrinking.

Not sure if you've noticed, but LT's don't ALWAYS block the best pass rusher anymore. We're gonna need schwartz as long as Von Miller is lining up on that side.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:52 PM 07-24-2019
Kirk Cousins is in the 70's. And they want to have expansion teams? Did they see him play last year? He was my fantasy QB and I lost terribly.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:56 PM 07-24-2019
Mark Ingram at 80.

645 yards 6 touchdowns

Okay then.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:07 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Mark Ingram at 80.

645 yards 6 touchdowns

Okay then.
I have no idea why that guy is so highly regarded. NFL Network constantly touts him, and I just don't understand why. His numbers have gone up over the years where he looks pretty decent statistically, but he's a part-time running back. It took him six seasons to crack 1,000 yards and that's with defenses having to concentrate on Drew Brees.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have no idea why that guy is so highly regarded. NFL Network constantly touts him, and I just don't understand why. His numbers have gone up over the years where he looks pretty decent statistically, but he's a part-time running back. It took him six seasons to crack 1,000 yards and that's with defenses having to concentrate on Drew Brees.
I actually really like Mark Ingram, especially as he's rebuilt his body a bit.

He came into the league too heavy and too stiff. But over the last few years he's gotten trimmer and quicker and he's really good out of the backfield now as well.

Ingram's extremely underrated because the player he was as the 'feature' back isn't the player he turned himself into as he become the complementary back with Kamara. If he'd have been this player his first couple of years in the league, Kamara wouldn't have been drafted by NO because he wouldn't have been necessary.

The problem is that he's entering his age 30 season (amazingly) and it just took him too damn long to take his craft seriously. That will always be a scarlet letter for him (perhaps fairly) and will keep him from being considered among the truly elite RBs most times.

But the last 3-4 years he's been among the better RBs in football even as his usage rates have fallen off a bit. He's a really good player.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:10 AM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I actually really like Mark Ingram, especially as he's rebuilt his body a bit.

He came into the league too heavy and too stiff. But over the last few years he's gotten trimmer and quicker and he's really good out of the backfield now as well.

Ingram's extremely underrated because the player he was as the 'feature' back isn't the player he turned himself into as he become the complementary back with Kamara. If he'd have been this player his first couple of years in the league, Kamara wouldn't have been drafted by NO because he wouldn't have been necessary.

The problem is that he's entering his age 30 season (amazingly) and it just took him too damn long to take his craft seriously. That will always be a scarlet letter for him (perhaps fairly) and will keep him from being considered among the truly elite RBs most times.

But the last 3-4 years he's been among the better RBs in football even as his usage rates have fallen off a bit. He's a really good player.
Well now that he isn't on the Saints anymore I'm going to assume he will lose a lot of numbers.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:49 PM 07-25-2019
Philip lindsay at 68 is pretty laughable.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up