ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Drive A Jaguar?
philfree 02:22 PM 01-23-2021
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:03 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Gotcha. Victoria British was my go-to. And I went there a lot...
I remember that place. I'm also trying to remember and can't for the life of me recall what the name of the place was where I worked.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:13 PM 01-23-2021
Waste of money. They do shit in resale value. Never buy an expensive car like that unless you have many millions and it doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:19 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Waste of money. They do shit in resale value. Never buy an expensive car like that unless you have many millions and it doesn't matter.
You don't need millions for it not to matter.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:22 PM 01-23-2021
Beautiful car.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:23 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've only leased Mercedes in the past, so I can't compare that to ownership but I had a 2004 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition on a 42 month lease that needed the brakes replaced twice after only 18,000 miles.

The stop and start traffic was a killer on a 6,001 pound vehicle.
A lease on a Mercedes would be the way to go.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:35 PM 01-23-2021
The car in the OP is sexy. Good choice.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:45 PM 01-23-2021
I've never liked the idea of leasing, but I did a lot of math on leases versus ownership, new versus used.... and my conclusion was they really have it figured the fuck out when it comes to how to price cars.

At the time I did it and for the cars i was looking at, it was a matter of maybe a few hundred dollars here and there, whether one was better than the other... of course, factors like how long you plan on keeping the car and commute ultimately make the decision, or if you find an outstanding deal.

The precision was pretty impressive.... they know exactly how much they can suck you dry for based on several variables.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've never liked the idea of leasing, but I did a lot of math on leases versus ownership, new versus used.... and my conclusion was they really have it figured the fuck out when it comes to how to price cars.

At the time I did it and for the cars i was looking at, it was a matter of maybe a few hundred dollars here and there, whether one was better than the other... of course, factors like how long you plan on keeping the car and commute ultimately make the decision, or if you find an outstanding deal.

The precision was pretty impressive.... they know exactly how much they can suck you dry for based on several variables.
I've been leasing since 2003 and can't imagine purchasing a car in the future because the maintenance would be just too expensive due to the nature of LA traffic.

Plus, it's rare to see a car without dents or scratches, so there would be other monetary factors outside of routine maintenance.
[Reply]
seclark 05:53 PM 01-23-2021
Big brother bought one. We all ragged his ass off when he drove it up from Florida to eminence for river week. Wtf?:-)
Then his wife fucked up the oil pan on a speed bump in their neighborhood and that cost some bucks. Then he got rear ended on the way to work, and that cost some more.
So now, he’s driving a caddy.
sec
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:04 PM 01-23-2021
I don't own one and have never driven one, but I must say that I really like the look and style of the Jaguar F-type. That's a nice-looking car.
[Reply]
philfree 07:10 PM 01-23-2021
The only bad thing about the Vette I had was that just before I headed out to Arrowhead for a game, when I slapped my magnetic arrowheads one the doors they just fell to the ground.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:17 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
The only bad thing about the Vette I had was that just before I headed out to Arrowhead for a game, when I slapped my magnetic arrowheads one the doors they just fell to the ground.
I don't know how common it is but I was surprised to find out the only sheet metal body panel on my 1996 Camaro is the hood.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:26 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Fiberglass panels are a small price to pay for a lightweight screaming machine :-)

My dream car is a 71 in Mulsanne Blue, those sleek and sexy curves will never go out of style... juice up the horsepower, modernize the suspension, and its all I ever really wanted

https://images.app.goo.gl/mPJYcoCzkjnuiXS57
[Reply]
stevieray 07:27 PM 01-23-2021
Buy a classic (with an LS swap), brakes etc.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:28 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I don't own one and have never driven one, but I must say that I really like the look and style of the Jaguar F-type. That's a nice-looking car.
Still have the roadster?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up