ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Drive A Jaguar?
philfree 02:22 PM 01-23-2021
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
[Reply]
Donger 03:06 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Reason being they're notoriously tempermental, especially the electronics

Just my two bits...
Heh. Why do Englishmen drink warm beer?

Because they have Lucas refrigerators.
[Reply]
In58men 03:07 PM 01-23-2021
No, I’m a man.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:10 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
No, I’m a man.
Ummm.... wat? You need more Top Gear / Grand Tour in your life.
[Reply]
In58men 03:14 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Ummm.... wat? You need more Top Gear / Grand Tour in your life.
You need more testosterone in your life.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:15 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Jag-YOO-are
He always ate in the steak bar..
[Reply]
BWillie 03:16 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Most of us either have too many OWIs to drive a car or own a Camero, sorry.
Bwhahahababahahaha
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:19 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Interesting. The Vette we had was always saying to service the Active Handling System. There was an issue on the C-5s there.
I won't say any domestic vehicle is going to be less problematic, but parts and service for one are going to far more readily available and likely will cost less. Neither will be cheap to drive, but you'll most certainly pay more in the end for the Jaguar. It's more of a status purchase than anything and if that's important to you it's not my place to question.
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:24 PM 01-23-2021
When I was in the car business, any time we took a Jag in on trade it went straight to auction... never onto our lot

Reason being they're notoriously tempermental, especially the electronics and therefore have too much potential for creating dissatisfied/irate customers... personally, I wouldn't want one

Just my two bits...

These early fifties styles were pure cool. Fill the boot with cognac and glide around for hours.

Wouldn't have to care about electronics much. That steering wheel is all backwards though.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:33 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Heh. Why do Englishmen drink warm beer?

Because they have Lucas refrigerators.
Wow, I heard that joke 30-some years ago when I worked at a British auto parts store (one of the worse jobs I've ever had, btw).

Is it still true?
[Reply]
philfree 03:39 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I won't say any domestic vehicle is going to be less problematic, but parts and service for one are going to far more readily available and likely will cost less. Neither will be cheap to drive, but you'll most certainly pay more in the end for the Jaguar. It's more of a status purchase than anything and if that's important to you it's not my place to question.
This is all true. There's still a years warranty left on this car but there is not a Jaguar Dealer here in Springfield so I'd have to go to KC or Tulsa for warranty service most likely. It's all stuff to think about. I've wanted a Jaguar since the early 80s though. I suppose status could have a little to do with it but probably more to do with liking badass expensive shit.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:40 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
You need more testosterone in your life.
Go to bed you sunken eyed piece of shit. I know that coke you snorted off a transgendered woman's cock is keeping you up but you look like shit these days.

Drink some water and get some sleep.
[Reply]
Donger 03:43 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Wow, I heard that joke 30-some years ago when I worked at a British auto parts store (one of the worse jobs I've ever had, btw).

Is it still true?
Wouldn't happen to have been in Lenexa by chance?

I have no idea if Lucas still exists but my experience replacing their crap was extensive.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:44 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
This is all true. There's still a years warranty left on this car but there is not a Jaguar Dealer here in Springfield so I'd have to go to KC or Tulsa for warranty service most likely. It's all stuff to think about. I've wanted a Jaguar since the early 80s though. I suppose status could have a little to do with it but probably more to do with liking badass expensive shit.
If you just gotta have a high end foreign jobber, you're better off with a Beemer, Benz or Porsche
[Reply]
Bwana 03:47 PM 01-23-2021
Trust me on this, unless you have a huge budget for repair bills, avoid buying one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:51 PM 01-23-2021
If you just gotta have a high end foreign jobber, you're better off with a Beemer, Benz or Porsche
IMO, nothing touches a Mercedes for anything $100k or below.

Back in the late 80's, I had a job at a high performance car/mail order warehouse. I spoke to dozens of clients that yanked the motor from their Jaguar's and replaced them with a Chevy 350 because the motor mount fit perfectly.

I would have figured that Jaguar's performance would have improved since being purchased by Ford. I don't know anyone that's owned a Jag in the past 10 years so I don't have any data for a comparison but that would be a shame if they're still having the same issues 30 years later.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up