ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
Eureka 11:16 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, you're not going to shrivel up in a relatively short amount of time, but I'm curious on percentages on what people lose during a fast.

Did you see sources/links to the studies they used? I googled some last night and only found the filmmaker, and the "science consultant" or whatever they called it in the credits was apparently the spouse of a filmmaker, but I couldn't find anything specific on that person.

I'll try to watch it at some point. I did find a 1979 study that mentioned "protection" from muscle loss after a few days of fasting and lends itself to the "starvation mode" that's so popular to talk about these days. But, there are more recent studies that I posted below that shows muscle loss over time (but doesn't specifically mention the percentage of muscle/fat/water lost, that I saw), even on a regular keto diet.
I didn't look at any sources/links of studies from the documentary. It's be interesting to know how much percentage of muscle is lost. There seems to be a misconception especially with men that they will lose a lot of muscle which isn't the case. Also the muscle comes back relatively quickly as the body has memory of how much muscle was there. And I'm talking regular sized guys not bodybuilders.

Dr. Yuri Nikolayev has done years of research/studies and I think he had a predecessor. The documentary talks about him some and how he was able to do research behind the iron curtain of the Soviet Union. Lots of information on these studies still isn't available but you might be able to find some. Try searching that doctor. I'm curious on anything you find.

Cool that you're helping me learn. Also I've added more salt to my fast this time and noticed I've had a few more bowel movements versus last fast. Someone suggested this and I decided to try more salt. Always learning.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:20 AM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Touché
Our teams fans have a stereotype lol. I've had quite a few beers with Chiefs fans at Raider games. Good peeps.

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Unhealthy way to lose weight.
This is just more for a yearly cleanse and detox. In the documentary I posted they talk about this.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:53 AM 01-22-2021
Short term fasting, a few days, is fine. I personally like intermittent fasting.

Week long fasts are simply not needed. The better health benefit for many people doing these are to simply stop being overweight for years (or decades) at a time. That, however, takes way more discipline than a week long fast.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:34 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Short term fasting, a few days, is fine. I personally like intermittent fasting.

Week long fasts are simply not needed. The better health benefit for many people doing these are to simply stop being overweight for years (or decades) at a time. That, however, takes way more discipline than a week long fast.
Yeah, there are a few different types of fasting. Sort of have to find out what works for yourself. I enjoy the 10 day fast but I couldn't get comfortable with the 6-18 after trying for a few weeks. Seems 3 simple meals a day works for me. The one meal a day looks interesting but I haven't tried that.

In the documentary medical doctors are recommending 2-3 week water only fasts and the results speak for themselves. Arthritis and high blood pressure are reduced. One of the fasting patients talks about how he takes much less daily medication after he started fasting every year. He looks to be in his 60's.
[Reply]
scho63 09:09 AM 01-23-2021
Do you have a goal in mind for this period?

Is it to jump start a sustained weight loss program?

Just wanted to shed some weight?

Gets much easier as time passes.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:50 AM 01-23-2021
This is remarkably stupid.
[Reply]
scho63 11:07 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Enlighten us Dr Jenkins :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 11:27 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Do you have a goal in mind for this period?

Is it to jump start a sustained weight loss program?

Just wanted to shed some weight?

Gets much easier as time passes.
DAY 9 and I feel great!

My goal was to do my yearly fast/cleanse. Had a my first son last year and gained some weight along with my wife. Being home because of Covid didn't help me stay active as well. She shed the weight off after giving birth and I did not. New years rolled around and I wanted to get back to my normal weight. I, like you just happen to start my fast to kickstart my goal. I do a yearly fast anyways and might as well be now. My goal is to get back to my regular weight of 200lbs. I'll get back to my active workout routine after my fast.

Yes, It does get easier as the days go by. For me it was day 5 where I felt enlightened. I fell very spry, happy, and energetic. When I say energetic I don't mean I'm going to run 3 miles but it's more of a wanting to get little things done that are on my honey do list. It's like I'm focused in on wanting to get all the small tasks around the house done. For example today after work I will be fixing my slightly dripping faucet in my bathroom. Needed to be done and now I feel like doing it.

Scho63 how have your experiences with fasting been?
[Reply]
Eureka 11:29 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You did not watch the documentary in my original post. I challenge you to watch it and see if you come to the same conclusion.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:31 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Our teams fans have a stereotype lol. I've had quite a few beers with Chiefs fans at Raider games. Good peeps.
100% agree. When the Raiders were playing in Oakland I’d walk from the BART to the stadium w a bottle of Jamison and do shots w the Raiders fans who would give me shit. You’d have to expect it and for a good reason offering alcohol always broke down the walls. Despite the stereotypes I’ve met some great people, always good times.

To bring this back on topic. I used to fast before weigh-ins for Jiu Jitsu tournaments. I’d do it for a specific reason but it was a shit experience each time. If I were to do it for cleansing reasons I don’t think I could ever get past the headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:56 AM 01-23-2021
DAY 9 and I feel great!

My goal was to do my yearly fast/cleanse. Had a my first son last year and gained some weight along with my wife. Being home because of Covid didn't help me stay active as well. She shed the weight off after giving birth and I did not. New years rolled around and I wanted to get back to my normal weight. I, like you just happen to start my fast to kickstart my goal. I do a yearly fast anyways and might as well be now. My goal is to get back to my regular weight of 200lbs. I'll get back to my active workout routine after my fast.

Yes, It does get easier as the days go by. For me it was day 5 where I felt enlightened. I fell very spry, happy, and energetic. When I say energetic I don't mean I'm going to run 3 miles but it's more of a wanting to get little things done that are on my honey do list. It's like I'm focused in on wanting to get all the small tasks around the house done. For example today after work I will be fixing my slightly dripping faucet in my bathroom. Needed to be done and now I feel like doing it.

I've read that the best way to break your fast is with a bag of pork rinds.
[Reply]
scho63 12:00 PM 01-23-2021
All positive with several learning experiences.

1. When you end the fast you need to eat small healthy portions to start and give you body time to adjust. Be careful of too much greasy or fiber at first as you will have massive gas and bloating. Also stay away from greasy foods for at least 2-3 days

2. You need to do a salt water cleanse every 5 days or so to evacuate your bowels. 1-2 tablespoons of regular salt in a 12 oz glass of lemon or lime water drank quickly will bring all the fluid to your intestines and you will need to be by a bathroom within 30-45 minutes. Very important to keep drinking fluids!

3. When your ready for more serious exercise you better eat protein and some carbs. Roasted turkey and a baked potato are a great start.

4. Always keep an eye on the color of your urine. Starts getting yellow or darker drink more fluids. If it's totally white for several trips in a day or longer be careful not over hydrated as that is not good for electrolytes.

Our bodies are incredible machines and stop eating rids a lot of toxins and waste. We also have so many chemicals in our food supply it's terrible.

Unless you eat 100% organic it's a win-win.
[Reply]
notorious 01:37 PM 01-23-2021

This is just more for a yearly cleanse and detox. In the documentary I posted they talk about this.
I know quite a few Raid fans out here.

All good dudes, just misguided when they were young.
[Reply]
neech 02:12 PM 01-23-2021
I've done 5 day fasting's and for me after day 3 it becomes easier, the first couple days are the hardest. Just don't think about food and if you are hungry drink a glass of water.
[Reply]
seamonster 05:37 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Also, do you have a source or link with more info on this here? It sounds a little far fetched.

New England Journal of Medicine study that backs up my personal experience with fasting and aggresive cancer.

USC study on fasting benefits.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up