ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
SupDock 06:19 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
You are exactly right. That is why on day 4 you get a burst of energy. My eyesight is bright, sense of smell increase, and I feel kind of on alert. Our ancestors would use this to go hunting as the body is giving its best so you can. Got to eventually eat.

A Russian scientist studied this stuff after WWII. They found that Men who had 800ish calories were much more agitated/uncomfortable while the men who fasting only where able to cope better. Soviet Russia could experiment on groups of people then. That scientist Dr. Yuri Nikolayev studied fasting for decades. A lot of what know is based off that. Interestingly these studies only came a decade after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Had to look H. Pylori up. Didn't have those symptoms.

Correct. Studies have shown that fasting causes the body to stop the spread of cancer. From what I understand the cancer doesn't like to feed off Ketones which is what the body produces for energy while fasting. Cancer loves sugar though which is in almost everyone's diet.

The truth is Western medicine doesn't push fasting and it really comes down to one simple Fact. Fasting is free and not really profitable.

The body understand that fat takes less energy to break down and turn it into energy then muscle does. Therefore the body uses fat as an energy source over muscle. It will eventually break down muscle once fat reserves are low.

Muscle takes more energy for the body to break down into usable energy. Fat takes less energy to break down thus the body will use fat. The body is amazing and will do what is necessary to survive the longest.

so if your body is only burning fat, and you are not consuming any protein, where is your body getting amino acids for essential functions?

I'll tell you where, your muscles

Sure, you're going to get significantly more energy from fat, but to say you aren't consuming any muscle mass is ridiculous
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:19 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
After 3 days ve careful because that's when you start getting light headed and dizzy thus affecting daily tasks and job duties
That's because your electrolytes are low. Drink smartwater or get some Potassium,magnesium and salt in your system.

One thing though is if your on any meds you need to consult your doctor. When I fast my blood pressure goes down and I have to adjust my blood pressure medication.
[Reply]
scho63 06:25 PM 01-21-2021
The body understand that fat takes less energy to break down and turn it into energy then muscle does. Therefore the body uses fat as an energy source over muscle. It will eventually break down muscle once fat reserves are low.

Muscle takes more energy for the body to break down into usable energy. Fat takes less energy to break down thus the body will use fat. The body is amazing and will do what is necessary to survive the longest.
Excellent point. :-)

I think most people going on long water fasts only, probably have a great deal of stored fat.

Anyone using it who has a swimmers physique and just wants to lose 10-15 pounds of holiday weight will get much less benefits than a person 50, 75 or 100+ lbs overweight.

One size or plan certainly does not fit all. :-)
[Reply]
Eureka 06:26 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Food IS energy.

Healing from what, exactly? Will my digestive tract get bored and start working on my shin splints after a few days? That would be cool.
The body will turn Fat reserves into energy. The fat comes from food we eat. So technically you are correct.

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
After 3 days ve careful because that's when you start getting light headed and dizzy thus affecting daily tasks and job duties
This is true in the aspect that if you working a physical job don't fast while working.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:29 PM 01-21-2021
The sodium thing did the trick. Didn't get lightheaded at the gym in the least

WOW
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:33 PM 01-21-2021
The body will turn Fat reserves into energy. The fat comes from food we eat. So technically you are correct.
Well, it's one thing to burn fat because you need energy... it's another to need protein to keep your body functioning. Your body is always using protein and it'll shed protein from muscle mass when needed. There are a lot of studies on it, including the two I posted earlier.

If you have studies on this stuff, I'd love to read them.... I've researched a lot on this type of stuff for keto and working out.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:34 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
so if your body is only burning fat, and you are not consuming any protein, where is your body getting amino acids for essential functions?

Sure, you're going to get significantly more energy from fat, but to say you aren't consuming any muscle mass is ridiculous
Didn't read this first, but agreed.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:38 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:

I'm not a doctor and I didn't mean to insinuate that no muscle is broken down. I was trying to imply that the body will use fat for energy. There is a misconception that muscles mass will shrink during fasting which really isn't the case.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:45 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Well, it's one thing to burn fat because you need energy... it's another to need protein to keep your body functioning. Your body is always using protein and it'll shed protein from muscle mass when needed. There are a lot of studies on it, including the two I posted earlier.

If you have studies on this stuff, I'd love to read them.... I've researched a lot on this type of stuff for keto and working out.
The video I put up in the original post has some good information. The body will break down some muscle as the video I posted states this at 9:45 mark.

What I was getting at is that there is a misconception that a guy will lose a large portion of muscle mass if he doesn't eat or fasts for 10 days.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:55 PM 01-21-2021
I did a 3 day fast last summer. After the first day, gained a ridiculous amount of energy..couldn't sit still. Ended up walking about 15 miles the last two days as I felt like I needed to move.

Definitely ready to do another one to reset everything.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:56 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
It's wise and it's backed up with science. That's the only way I picked up stage III cancer in my lymph nodes. I fasted for two days and did heavy leg work outs and got an instant fever. My body started to eat away at the metastic tumor while it was in fasting mode and it saved my life. Had I not have done that I wouldn't have realized I had cancer and the disease would have spread to the lungs the brain.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy

I read the article but it basically just says “fasting helps to kickstart autophagy but you have to find a balance”.

What’s the balance? I don’t think fasting in general is unwise; I think fasting for 10 days sounds unwise.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:36 PM 01-21-2021
I fast every once in a while. Usually 24-36 hours. It's good way to clean out system and lose a little weight. 10-days is nuts. Id be too worried about losing all that weight but if I was obese I might try it
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 PM 01-21-2021
Your body requires certain amino acids for several processes. The only place to get those is from protein. Your body simply cannot function without those amino acids.

If you're taking in zero protein, your body IS breaking down protein from your muscles.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:55 PM 01-21-2021
Nah bro this ain't it. Just eat at a deficit, lift 4 times a week, do 15-20 mins of cardio 4 or 5 times a week.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:09 PM 01-21-2021
Why would you want to lose weight? Just gain more muscle and embrace it. Beefcake. BEEFCAKE

[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up