ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:54 PM 01-21-2021
Isn't fasting supposed to be good for us because of our ancestors not always able to hunt for a meal so our bodies are technically used to going long periods without food instead of eating multiple times a day.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:56 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:

Super jealous. Tell me more about your burger. You adding mushrooms or Bacon. Maybe a lettuce wrap instead of bread? How do you like your burgers.
For those who don't want carbs but like fast food every now and then: order your food protein style. In-N-Out will serve their food protein style, which just means they wrap your burger in lettuce instead of putting it on a bun. Some other places will do it too if you ask nice.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:00 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Isn't fasting supposed to be good for us because of our ancestors not always able to hunt for a meal so our bodies are technically used to going long periods without food instead of eating multiple times a day.
It's extremely beneficial.

There's good reason many major religions incorporate fasting into their practices.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:02 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

There's good reason many major religions incorporate fasting into their practices.
Mainly because there isn't any food where they live.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:02 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Not really but I could lose a few pounds. I fast every year to cleanse my body,
That's what's your liver and kidneys and lymph nodes and shit are for..

You're going to do what you want but a 10-day fast doesn't seem wise. Maybe just restrict your cals to 1200 a day? You should be able to lose weight fairly quickly if you're moderately active.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Your body has adapted to living off food so going without it isn't sustainable.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:06 PM 01-21-2021
Can't wait to outlive our ancestors...oh wait, I already turned 40
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:14 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:16 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yeah, I hear Ethiopia has a GREAT fasting diet. You should go hang out there for a few weeks to 'get in shape'
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:17 PM 01-21-2021
Congrats on your 10 day Arkansas Meth diet

Your digestion issue was H. pylori

order a pizza or something
[Reply]
vailpass 04:20 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yeah, I hear Ethiopia has a GREAT fasting diet. You should go hang out there for a few weeks to 'get in shape'
You'll chase your food for half a day and boom! you're a marathon runner.
[Reply]
scho63 04:38 PM 01-21-2021
I've done several water, zero calorie drinks, coffee fasts.

The longest was 18 days several years ago. I felt incredible when it was over and jump started a nice continued weight loss.

They are great to rid yourself of many toxins and cleanse your system.

Several important points:
1. You need fluids but excessive fluids can flush what little minerals and vitamins your body has during this period of ketosis.

2. The one group of people who should never fast like this are diabetics as ketosis can be fatal for them.

3. While keeping active and exercise are always great, while fasting any exercise at a gym should be avoided as it will put too much stress on your body. There is no fuel for recovery.

4. You need to do a periodic flush of your bowels as you will not pass waste. Normally a glass of lemon or lime water with 1-2 tablespoons of dissolved salt will work. It brings water to your intestines quickly, forcing a bowel movement.

5. Ketosis is the stage the body goes into when it changes from burning stored muscle protein into burning stored fat, usually by day 3-4 at the latest.

6. You will lose weight quickly since their will be no stored waste in your intestines and you will lose some water weight.

7. When you come off the fast avoid all greasy foods for day 1 and 2 or else you will have horrible cramps, gas and diarrhea.

8. If you did this to jump start a long term weight loss this is a great way. If you just wanted to lose a quick 10-15 pounds it will most likely be a failure of 90%.

Hope that helps and I will be starting a long one on Feb 1st. Trying to break my record and jump start shedding a lot of weight.

Good luck to you!
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:51 PM 01-21-2021
Fisting for 10 days?

Don't you get sore?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:53 PM 01-21-2021
I’ve been eating nothing but Ben & Jerry’s ice cream for eight days.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:55 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
I’ve been eating nothing but Ben & Jerry’s ice cream for eight days.

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:00 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That sounds...unwise. I hope you're at least consulting a doctor in the process.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Tubbo has plenty of calories hanging off his bones for his body to eat. He'll be fine.
Yeah, I'm no doctor and haven't read up on water fasting in particular, but my first thought would be that you better be exercising as well as at least replacing the water you're losing from food.

From what I've read on simple dieting, after water weight comes muscle mass if you're not working out... I can easily lose 10+ pounds of water weight alone after a week or three of holiday-type of gorging and a few days on keto (and I'm not overweight, besides a little skinny-fatness), which is of course the same reason people come back to these types of things. And then on top of that, there's probably muscle loss and then maybe some fat.

Your liver and kidneys can take care of the "toxins".
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up