ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
joethomas 09:06 AM 01-18-2021
Why does anyone care what "Browns fans are aruging"?

It's stupid that a player can go in with their shoulder and if the runner moves in a certain way so that the defender's helmet gets them instead, it's a penalty on the defender. That's the rule that ought to be changed. If the runner goes to the ground, lowers his own head, or is diving that it's not a foul because it's not the fault of the defender and there's no way for a defender to make the play in that situation.

But anyway, who cares what "Browns fans are arguing"?
[Reply]
threebag 09:18 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
God, remember when it used to be us posting loser ass what-if threads like this?
Yeah, but what if Derrick Johnson’s (strip sack) wasn’t called forward progress.

He killed that mother fucker too
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
Why does anyone care what "Browns fans are aruging"?

It's stupid that a player can go in with their shoulder and if the runner moves in a certain way so that the defender's helmet gets them instead, it's a penalty on the defender. That's the rule that ought to be changed. If the runner goes to the ground, lowers his own head, or is diving that it's not a foul because it's not the fault of the defender and there's no way for a defender to make the play in that situation.

But anyway, who cares what "Browns fans are arguing"?
I really don't care except that it creates this false narrative that this was a close game. As if this flipped penalty would have turned around the Chiefs throttling the browns. And it takes away from mahomes' masterful performance. What turned the game around was mahomes injury not this overturned td, and very good chance that if the browns score this td mahomes never gets hurt.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:21 AM 01-18-2021
What if my aunt had a Willy? She’d be my uncle!
[Reply]
joethomas 09:21 AM 01-18-2021
I think you must not have watched the same game the rest of us did.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:25 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Helmet to Helmet isnt the issue. The issue was that he LEAD with his helmet. And that on top of being Illegal is extremely dangerous for DD and for HIggins. It could of resulted in Sorensen breaking his own neck.
Sure, it was obviously a penalty after-the-fact. But it's not reviewable and those are difficult to call in the bang-bang nature of the sport, especially at the goal line when the ref is focused more on whether he got in or not and whether and when the ball was jarred loose.

Browns fans complaining over something like that are pathetic.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:26 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Think it's plenty fair to bitch about it. Wasn't a dirty play by dirty Dan. It was one hell of an effort play. But in terms of helmet to helmet he needs to use his arms to avoid a penalty. I wouldn't be mad if they called it.

But the idea that this totally changed the game is totally ridiculous.
It didn't change the game I agree. What changed the game from a blowout to a 5 pt win is Mahomes getting hurt.
[Reply]
Mav 09:26 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Someone help me because I really don't know the answer. Let's say the play is exactly the same - helmet to helmet hit, ball fumbled into end zone & out of bounds - only difference is that they call the helmet to helmet penalty on Sorenson. Where is the ball placed and who has it?
It would of been added on to the end of the run. The play essentially stops where the foul occurred meaning the fumble would have never happened. First and goal at the one. Doesn’t matter. Wasn’t called, Browns lost. Go win another super bowl. 🤙
[Reply]
Mav 09:28 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sure, it was obviously a penalty after-the-fact. But it's not reviewable and those are difficult to call in the bang-bang nature of the sport, especially at the goal line when the ref is focused more on whether he got in or not and whether and when the ball was jarred loose.

Browns fans complaining over something like that are pathetic.
That doesn’t make fans pathetic. I’m sure if we go back we can find calls against the Chiefs where Chiefs fans feel they were done wrong. Why is that 1 different?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:29 AM 01-18-2021
Now, as a Browns fan, do I think that the Browns win that game if we are given that penalty? No. Of course not. The Chiefs were always the better team. But, can you convince me that we finish getting blown out completely down 19-10 at halftime as opposed to 19-3? No. The bigger point to me is that the league is apparently obsessed with safety yet that very obvious play with a ref right there isnt called is a much bigger issue to me.

The Browns did not deserve to win that game. The Browns were not talented enough to win that game. But Browns fans like myself do have a right to be upset that the call was missed. Just like the Chiefs fans have every right to be angry at Dee Ford for jumping offsides and costing the Chiefs the Super Bowl.

Just my two cents. Neg rep away.
My two cents, when the fuck you become a Browns fan?
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:34 AM 01-18-2021
That doesn’t make fans pathetic. I’m sure if we go back we can find calls against the Chiefs where Chiefs fans feel they were done wrong. Why is that 1 different?
You turds couldn’t even capitalize on getting to play the Chiefs without Mahomes for most of the second half and you want to what-if this play.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:42 AM 01-18-2021
Because that is an extremely difficult penalty to call in real time given the aforementioned circumstances.

It's not like the refs screwed you. That's one of the things that just happens over the course of the game, just like uncalled holds and whatever other stuff losers want to complain about. Refs don't catch everything.
[Reply]
redfan 09:42 AM 01-18-2021
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:52 AM 01-18-2021
What else was Sorensen supposed to do? The opposing player is diving head first. He wasn't a defenseless player. He's just trying to make a play for his team. Not a dirty hit.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:53 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Yeah, but what if Derrick Johnson’s (strip sack) wasn’t called forward progress.

He killed that mother ****er too
god...I still can't believe that call.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up