ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What if the refs called a penalty on Sorensen
chiefzilla1501 06:28 AM 01-18-2021
OK, this really bothers me. Browns fans are arguing that this was a game changing call and that one called back TD was the difference in a 5 point win. OK, fair point. Not calling helmet to helmet may have been a miss.

The biggest game changer as we all know wasn't the fumble, it was mahomes getting injured. Mahomes was throttling the browns and probably would have kept doing it. Would mahomes have still gotten a concussion if the browns scored? I mean, cmon.... Probably not. Here's a more likely scenario. If browns score 7, chiefs get the ball back and score 3.chiefs go into halftime 19 - 10. Browns down 9 (instead of 16) have to claw from behind

Unless people think the browns run the same exact plays in that scenario, baker throws that same exact pick, then the Chiefs run the same exact plays with the same exact outcome its very unlikely mahomes gets knocked out of that series.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:30 AM 01-18-2021
God, remember when it used to be us posting loser ass what-if threads like this?
[Reply]
Spott 06:33 AM 01-18-2021
The only thing worse than the what ifs for Cleveland is actually having to live in Cleveland. I hope they all suffer forever.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:37 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
God, remember when it used to be us posting loser ass what-if threads like this?
Not to mention filling the trophy case with moral victories! :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:37 AM 01-18-2021
Yup, the idea that one first half penalty or missed td in what was otherwise a blowout was a game changer is a reach and a half. They had an entire half to overcome it. Even with all the stars perfectly aligned the browns couldn't pull off a win. But if that TD meant mahomes wouldn't have gotten injured the browns very likely get blown out.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:43 AM 01-18-2021
Yes. Considering all the crazy bullshit that happened to the Chiefs over 30 years of playoffs, I have zero sympathy for the Browns or any other team.
[Reply]
TEX 06:45 AM 01-18-2021
What IF the refs called a penalty? Who cares what Browns fans argue... It was a bang-bang play. What IF our kicker makes the FG and extra point? Chiefs STILL win even without Mahomes for most of 2nd half. IF you play the "what if's," play them all.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:47 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
The only thing worse than the what ifs for Cleveland is actually having to live in Cleveland. I hope they all suffer forever.
The good news is that the $1400 stimulus is coming
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:51 AM 01-18-2021
Baker gets concussed on QB sneak
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:51 AM 01-18-2021
Just so we're clear, I'm making the point that the refs not calling the Higgins play a TD wasn't a game changer.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:54 AM 01-18-2021
They had a bunch of chances. That play didn't end the game.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:56 AM 01-18-2021
What if you had three wheels?

You'd be a tricycle
[Reply]
morphius 07:02 AM 01-18-2021
Personally, I think calling helmet to helmet when you are diving or ducking really low is stupid. At that point you make that the most forward target, and really now you are using your helmet as a weapon as well.

My opinion on that I know doesn't match the rules, but I have felt this way since they changed the rule. I also understand they want the defender to keep their heads up, but defenders also want to get their head on the ball to knock it free, which I'm guessing what Dan was doing there.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:02 AM 01-18-2021
Listen, they had nearly a half of mahomesless play and couldnt win the fucking thing. No excuses if you cant make it happen.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:04 AM 01-18-2021
Maybe DD was blocking the line and the browns player ran into DD.

No penalty. Science.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up