ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Drive A Jaguar?
philfree 02:22 PM 01-23-2021
I've always wanted a Jag and then with my new house unbelievably my 4 door Silverado wouldn't fit in my side of the garage. So I sold it and now I need to buy a car or a smaller truck. The wife drives a Tahoe so we're covered if it snows or need to haul a trailer. So I'm leaning sports car. I've had a Mustang 5.0, a Camaro Z-28, a Vette and a couple Cadillacs. Had '79 Ford Thunderbird with a 351. My wife mentioned getting a BMW but I was like okay but I've always wanted Jaguar.

I'm looking at a 2017 F-Type Convertible

Anybody have any experience with Jaguars?
[Reply]
scho63 09:26 AM 01-24-2021
Nice looking but reliability is still shit. I think the cars are now made by Tata Motors of India. They went down to a 4 Cylinder in many of their cars. :-)

I had a brand new XJ6 in 1986 that I paid $36,000 for. Was the biggest waste of money.

This is the exact make model and color I had including the interior. Was beautiful to look at and picked up tons of women but lost about $15,000 in 2 years. I also had a Cellular One car phone that ran around $350-400 a month.

I was a young fool.......

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:33 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Nice looking but reliability is still shit. I think the cars are now made by Tata Motors of India. They went down to a 4 Cylinder in many of their cars. :-)

I had a brand new XJ6 in 1986 that I paid $36,000 for. Was the biggest waste of money.

This is the exact make model and color I had including the interior. Was beautiful to look at and picked up tons of women but lost about $15,000 in 2 years. I also had a Cellular One car phone that ran around $350-400 a month.

I was a young fool.......

Pussy ain't cheap
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:39 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
$4k to replace the brake rotors...? :-)
That's Carbon Ceramic territory. Someone fleeced someone.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:47 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Hunks of metal don't have souls. You have watched too many movies.
You've never owned a Porsche...they are German Witchcraft.

Also $4k for SUV rotors?...I'm sure they turn bright orange from heat... going to the store and back. That's the type of gouging people get...you would only need that level of equipment for the most demanding racing environment.

I always laugh when I see cross-drilled rotors on a SUV...those holes are meant to disperse heat in racing..when you are repeatedly slamming your breaks into corners for an hour.
[Reply]
philfree 10:59 AM 01-24-2021
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by scho63:

Most car companies have gone to 4 cylinders in a lot of their models. The F-Type offer 4, 6 and 8 cylinder models. I'm looking at an 8 and I wouldn't own a 4 of anything. Well we used to have a pontoon boat with a 4 cylinder engine.

I had to google and this is what I found.
Originally Posted by :
WHO MAKES JAGUAR / WHERE IS THE JAGUAR FACTORY?
While Jaguar is owned by Tata Motors, Jaguar Land Rover is headquartered in Coventry about two hours north of London, and the main Jaguar assembly plant is in Birmingham, England, which has been a hub of manufacturing innovation since the beginnings of the Industrial Revolution in Britain. You can even take a trip across the pond and take a Jaguar factory tour! Many plants across the world make genuine Jaguar and Land Rover models, but if you buy your Jaguar in the United States, it was probably made in England. Here is where Jaguar factories are located globally:

[Reply]
Bugeater 11:07 AM 01-24-2021
Yeah it's kinda weird that a company in India owns them but not sure it really means much. Kinda like Chrysler being owned by Fiat...hasn't seem to been a negative effect that I'm aware of even though they're known for shitty cars. Heck Daimler-Benz, a high end company, nearly ran Chrysler into the ground in less than a decade.
[Reply]
scho63 03:07 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Pussy ain't cheap
If I had been smarter back then, I would have bought a $5000 used car and spent the rest of the money FOR pussy. Would have gotten better mileage. :-)
[Reply]
493rd 03:19 PM 01-24-2021
A fried of mine had an F-Type R a few years back that he ended up trading for a Panamera GTS. The Jag was raucous and a blast to drive.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:26 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Also $4k for SUV rotors?...I'm sure they turn bright orange from heat... going to the store and back. That's the type of gouging people get...you would only need that level of equipment for the most demanding racing environment.

I always laugh when I see cross-drilled rotors on a SUV...those holes are meant to disperse heat in racing..when you are repeatedly slamming your breaks into corners for an hour.
I guarantee you, I won't let the Jag dealer do any more repairs that are outside of warranty service. I subsequently found an independent repair shop that is closer to me, which specializes in cars like Jag, Porsche, BMW.....
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:30 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

You’re not wrong, I have a 1971 911T and if that bitch doesn’t feel like getting out it’s simply doesn’t happen. It’s drives me not the other way around.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:35 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
When I was in the car business, any time we took a Jag in on trade it went straight to auction... never onto our lot

Reason being they're notoriously tempermental, especially the electronics and therefore have too much potential for creating dissatisfied/irate customers... personally, I wouldn't want one
They are always low mileage, because they never run. Garage Queens
[Reply]
philfree 05:51 PM 01-28-2021
Between my studies on the interweb and the brain thrust of Chiefs Planet I've talked myself out of the Jag. But while it's not a convertible (what the wife wants) I came across this beautiful Chevrolet.

2019 Stingray in my favorite color. Newer and a better car really. It's also a lot closer to me than the Jag that was down by Atlanta. This car is only a couple hours away so it's a much easier purchase.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up