ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 60
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Insiders: Andy and Mahomes upset/mad
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 11-11-2019
Just heard Fescoe talking about someone close to Andy that told him Andy was extremely distraught by this loss and knows he personally screwed up. This isn't just another loss. This affected Andy deeply.

I think we might see some changes going forward, especially in attention to late game situations.

The other thing I heard this morning from my source is that Mahomes was angry after the game yesterday. So angry that he was almost on the verge of tears. Going forward you might see more fire from Mahomes in leading this team and getting on others when shit goes south. Like Marino/Aikman type leadership.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:06 PM 11-12-2019
The main thing we need to stop doing it just treat it like giving the other team the ball back with anything more than 30 seconds is a guaranteed TD, and play accordingly.

Fuck running it 3x to make them burn their 3 TOs. They still had plenty of time to gash us. Play like there's 3 minutes left instead and just get the damn first down. ARGH

Is anyone happy when we get the ball there - knowing the situation is going to hamstring the offense? I'd almost rather be down 5 with 1:34 left and get the ball on the 30. At least we have 4 downs and likely will burn enough time on our way to the TD.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:09 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
The only step left for Mahomes to take as a leader is for him to start calling the actual plays from the field. That is my absolute dream, and really the only other way he can elevate his play. I hope we see him start to call audibles at the line when Reid does something stupid like a TE screen to a backup on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line. I want to have our very own Peyton Manning.
Reid would rather retire than giving up control with playcalling
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Like on that end around it looked like he was walking
That play was bizarre.

It was like he decided the hole wasn't there and he just didn't give a damn about trying to find it so he fiddle-farted along the LOS and took it OOB.

They said he looked gimpy afterward but I think he stayed in the game.

It sure as shit looked like a business decision from my chair.

I'm beyond done with Sammy Watkins. That guy's head just isn't in the game WAY too often. Critical drops and too many snaps where he just isn't competitive at all.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:14 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Reid would rather retire than giving up control with playcalling
He could sit up in the booth and eat nachos
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:17 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That play was bizarre.

It was like he decided the hole wasn't there and he just didn't give a damn about trying to find it so he fiddle-farted along the LOS and took it OOB.

They said he looked gimpy afterward but I think he stayed in the game.

It sure as shit looked like a business decision from my chair.

I'm beyond done with Sammy Watkins. That guy's head just isn't in the game WAY too often. Critical drops and too many snaps where he just isn't competitive at all.
If being on this superstar offensive team doesn't get Watkins excited then he's done. Yes he's extremely talented but he's proving he's not a football player just a dude trying to collect a large paycheck and not get hurt.
[Reply]
PACHIEFSFAN 04:32 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This is going to continue to be a problem. With Mahomes on the field Reid gets lazy and “cute” in his coaching. Mahomes is the cheat code, the easy button. The Chiefs overall played far better when Mahomes was out. I have zero doubts that had Matt Moore been QB near the end of the game the Chiefs would have run it on 3rd and 2. This is no knock on Mahomes, but I think this is a reason why Reid will struggle to get us over the hump. I don’t think Reid in another similar situation will do what he should have done which was line up in the I with Sherman lead blocking and Darrell Williams pounding the ball.
I can understand where you are going with this. It was this mindset by Reid that cost him a SB in Philly. He relied too much on McNabb's throwing, and especially his scrambling ability, to win games. I live in PA and heard about Reid from the Philly fans here. If Reid would let Patrick be Patrick, everyone would be happier.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by PACHIEFSFAN:
I can understand where you are going with this. It was this mindset by Reid that cost him a SB in Philly. He relied too much on McNabb's throwing, and especially his scrambling ability, to win games. I live in PA and heard about Reid from the Philly fans here. If Reid would let Patrick be Patrick, everyone would be happier.
Reid lets Patrick be Patrick.

There isn't an offense in the league that affords their QB the freedom that this one does apart from MAYBE New England and I doubt even they do.

There's plenty of shit to complain about with this team right now but "Why won't Andy take the handcuffs off Patrick" is just making shit up.

No coach just rolls a ball out on the field and says "aight Pat - you do you..."

The Chiefs offense looks 100% different with Mahomes on the field than it does with Moore. He very clearly allows Pat to go to town with his downfield mentality. But the guy calls one !@#$ing screen pass and we have idiots arguing that Reid is holding Mahomes back.

Are you people kidding me with this shit?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:42 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
If being on this superstar offensive team doesn't get Watkins excited then he's done. Yes he's extremely talented but he's proving he's not a football player just a dude trying to collect a large paycheck and not get hurt.
I fully expect him to show up as a #1 in the playoffs just like last year. We'll have a sizable portion of the fanbase who will want to bring him back on his playoff performances alone, but I expect our staff will know they need to cut bait, just like with Maclin.

Hopefully they don't leave a voicemail or whatever.
[Reply]
arrwheader 04:52 PM 11-12-2019
"RUN THE BALL!" is the NFL version of bunting.

It's a low percentage, inefficient play that people call for because for 50 years that's just what you did because nobody realized any better.

People always just assume it's going to be executed and everything will be wine and roses from there while forgetting that the odds of failure are only marginally lower than a swinging away and the rewards are significantly lower.

Yes, it occasionally has it's place, but far less often than people ever consider and nobody ever remembers the times it failed miserably.

This team isn't good at running the football. It's runningbacks have failed miserably in a dozen different situations and Andy Reid is possibly the best in league HISTORY at screen design. Our interior line is in tatters and everything in the world suggested that they'd look to clog the middle and stuff a running play. What has given anyone the impression that Reiter and 2 backups were just going to push the pile at that point?

Meanwhile the middle screen takes that squishy interior line and turns it into a strength if they crash down and leave space behind them.

The play didn't work - it happens. But the assumption that some inside handoff was going to obviously work is asinine, just as the belief that a screen - something that the Chiefs do better than anyone in the league - was doomed to failure.

There are a lot of things to bitch about from that game but the 3rd down play is just the epitome of Monday morning quarterbacking. Given this teams strengths/weaknesses as well as the risk/reward, that was a wholly defensible decision.
Ok fine then. Throw the ball to kelce or Hill. Not Blake fucking bell.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:09 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Ok fine then. Throw the ball to kelce or Hill. Not Blake ****ing bell.

BUT IT'LL SURPRISE THEM!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:12 PM 11-12-2019
Not only did Fenton get trucked by Tannehill but he gave up the game winning TD

The game winner TD. Fenton gives an outside release. Humphries shakes him, gets inside leverage. Tannehill has plenty of time and that’s a wrap. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/z6HxX1hwDU

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) November 12, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:16 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
BUT IT'LL SURPRISE THEM!
We didn't mind at all when we did something similar with Sherm. Oh, because it worked . . .
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:23 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Not only did Fenton get trucked by Tannehill but he gave up the game winning TD

He fell down. It happens.
[Reply]
arrwheader 05:29 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
BUT IT'LL SURPRISE THEM!
Lol yea surprise! I lost the game for us - Andy

[Reply]
DRM08 10:06 PM 11-12-2019
Reid lets Patrick be Patrick.

There isn't an offense in the league that affords their QB the freedom that this one does apart from MAYBE New England and I doubt even they do.

There's plenty of shit to complain about with this team right now but "Why won't Andy take the handcuffs off Patrick" is just making shit up.

No coach just rolls a ball out on the field and says "aight Pat - you do you..."

The Chiefs offense looks 100% different with Mahomes on the field than it does with Moore. He very clearly allows Pat to go to town with his downfield mentality. But the guy calls one !@#$ing screen pass and we have idiots arguing that Reid is holding Mahomes back.

Are you people kidding me with this shit?

I wouldn't say the scripted screen play on 3rd and 2 is a good example of letting Pat be himself. He is a natural playmaker. Scripting stuff in a crucial situation is not the best approach with him. Let him make a play. Backyard football is his biggest strength and the screen call completely took this away from him in a critical situation.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 60
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up