ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Defense is better without Jones?
JakeF 02:06 PM 10-19-2019
Denver's offensive line is weak so all of this is wait and see but we definitely seem to have a more structured Defense without Jones. Jones' talent is undeniable but his play has a serious flaw. He abandons the run to attack the QB.

With Jones gone, we have 2 bigger guys in the middle who play the run 1st. They also protect our linebackers who are freed up to read and attack. With the center of our defense now anchored, the outside guys (clark,ogbah, okafor) can be more aggressive. It also keeps the middle of the field clear for our safeties.

That's what seemed to change for our defense against Denver.

Hitchens played his best game and Ragland showed up like he never has before. Frank Clark was better and Matheiu was more aggressive.

Having DT's that protect your LBs is so important. I would rather have Clark,Okafor and Ogbah getting sacks than Jones.

I think Hitchens and Ragland can even start getting some sacks without guards in their face on every play.

:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:01 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You are criminally stupid. Clark is not a LB. Jones is not a DE, unless it's in an "elephant" package.
He's a liability against the run at DT.

you wouldn't know stupid if it punted the ball to Aaron Rodgers with 5 min left in the game.
[Reply]
Iczer 10:00 AM 10-28-2019
I'm beginning to warm up to trading Jones. I really don't want him gone honestly, but with the way KC's cap situation is and having to sign Mahomes. Spags is adjusting his gameplan and getting more exotic with his blitzs, proving we can get to the quarterback.

Linebacker is a serious need
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:29 AM 10-28-2019
Is Jones’ one sack a game more valuable than all the rushing yards he gives up? That’s the question we need to ask ourselves here.

Personally, I don’t think so. Spags can dial up blitzes to get to the QB and we badly need an interior run stuffer to help out our subpar linebackers.

Let him walk.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:35 AM 10-28-2019
The packers averaged over 5 YPC and ran all over us for 5 minutes to close the game and you jackasses still think Jones is the problem? I guess that was his fault?

He didn't ****ing play! He didn't play against Houston and they jammed it up our ass!

This "Chis Jones actually sucks and is a liability" narrative is ****ing dumb. I'm ****ing tired of dickheads talking like he's the only problem with our run D when we suck without him and our LB's are a dumpster fire.

If you want to talk about him being worth the money, him being injured too much, fine. There's a lot of arguments. The "He's actually shitty" argument is embarrassing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:49 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
The packers averaged over 5 YPC and ran all over us for 5 minutes to close the game and you jackasses still think Jones is the problem? I guess that was his fault?

He didn't ****ing play! He didn't play against Houston and they jammed it up our ass!

This "Chis Jones actually sucks and is a liability" narrative is ****ing dumb. I'm ****ing tired of dickheads talking like he's the only problem with our run D when we suck without him and our LB's are a dumpster fire.
It's the most bullshit, overblown CP narrative of 2019.
[Reply]
Iczer 10:56 AM 10-28-2019
They got ran over with him and without him, so.... maybe invest in some linebackers that can fill gaps and tackle. That's just my perspective.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:59 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Iczer:
They got ran over with him and without him, so.... maybe invest in some linebackers that can fill gaps and tackle. That's just my perspective.
It's always been the fucking linebackers. Always. Like ive said many times before it's no coincidence the run D went to shit when DJ was released.

Anthony Hitchens can't run with Aaron Rodgers...i mean c'mon.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:25 AM 10-28-2019
Reggie Ragland had a play last night in which he played the run like the linebacker should. He met the RB right as he was hitting his hole. It was awesome. I want to see more of that.
[Reply]
-King- 11:30 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This defense has been significantly better against the run without Jones and Williams in the lineup and I think that says a lot.

At this point I’m thinking the smart play is to trade Jones, try to extend Ogbah at a decent price, use the picks and use leftover cash flow to find a LB in FA.

You’d think this defense would be crippled by Jones departure. The inside guys are actually making him expendable.
How are we significantly better? We have up 5 yards per carry yesterday and allowed the Packers to run out the last 5 minutes of the game doing nothing but running the ball.
[Reply]
-King- 11:32 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's the most bullshit, overblown CP narrative of 2019.
One person said he freelances at times and now some people want to act like that's all he does.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:34 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
How are we significantly better? We have up 5 yards per carry yesterday and allowed the Packers to run out the last 5 minutes of the game doing nothing but running the ball.
A lot of that has to do with the DL running out of gas and barely having enough guys for a rotation.

It’s pretty obvious the run defense has been much better the last 2 weeks. That still doesn’t mean we’re better without Jones though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:38 AM 10-28-2019
The run D is better because we've been selling out for the run. Rodgers exploited the flaw in doing that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:43 AM 10-28-2019
One person said he freelances at times and now some people want to act like that's all he does.
Yep, it is such a stupid fucking assessment and now it's been completely overblown by Clark the sympathizers. They were running out of excuses for FC and in their attempt to white knight him for not getting to the QB as much as Jones, they decided to start saying "well its because Jones just goes out and does whatever he wants and his only focus is rushing the passer, unlike Frank who follows his assignments and just an elite player in every phase of the game". The only thing that motherfucker is elite at is running his mouth and beating up on one of the worst tackles in the league and sacking a guy that didn't even look like he wanted to play.
[Reply]
Iczer 12:36 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's always been the ****ing linebackers. Always. Like ive said many times before it's no coincidence the run D went to shit when DJ was released.

Anthony Hitchens can't run with Aaron Rodgers...i mean c'mon.
Agreed, I can still picture DJ knifing through blocks and laying guys out behind the LOS.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:15 PM 10-28-2019
He’s ignoring gap assignments against the run bc he wants to collect sacks to get a big contract.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up