ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4875 of 4898
« First < 3875437547754825486548714872487348744875 48764877487848794885 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 07:30 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
You can give Paton all the shit in the world for the Russell Wilson trade, but the last time Paton was fully stocked with draft picks he did this:

1st Pat Surtain: about to become the highest paid CB in NFL history
2nd Javonte Williams: was amazing before he suffered a significant knee injury
3rd Quinn Meinerz: about to become the highest paid guard in NFL history
3rd Baron Browning: good rotational EDGE with upside
5th Caden Sterns: starting caliber safety
5th Jamar Johnson: out of the league
6th Seth Williams: out of the league
7th Kary Vincent Jr: traded for a future 6th
7th Jonathon Cooper: starting edge
7th Marquise Spencer: out of the league
PLEASE KEEP PATON FOREVER!

#ArchitectOfSuck
[Reply]
Coogs 07:46 AM 05-09-2024
Will Bo Nix be another Steve Fuller, Todd Blackledge, or Matt Blundin? Just as the recent Bronco's QB drafts have been. We shall see. But I suspect the answer is yes.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:06 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Who are you trying to convince? You or me?

The Broncos have (I think?) the longest streak without a playoff appearance in the NFL. If it's not them, they're at least close to being the longest. Morons with power is why they've been losers for so long. Guys like Paton. That's why they're losers.

And for some reason you think Paton is great and should keep his job. You got what you got out of Paton. You've seen what he is. And you want more of it.

Shit, at least Chiefs fans were smart enough to realize Pioli was a fraud. You actually believe that the way forward for your franchise is what you've currently got at GM.

Unbelievable.
Paton had a terrible offseason in 2022, but only rival fans were criticizing the moves he made at the time. The vast majority of people would've made the exact same decision if they were in Denver's situation. The Broncos had three choices:

1. Stick with Drew Lock
2. Draft Kenny Picket
3. Take a swing at one of the two 9x Pro Bowl QBs who were rumored to be available.

I don't like the result of the Russ trade, but the decision made perfect sense at the time, and in the end, it might've been the best thing that ever happened because it led us to Sean Payton and Bo Nix.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:14 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
As soon as that person leaves the organization, he throws them under the bus, blames them for everything that went wrong, and begins fellating their replacement. Wash, rinse, repeat, with no exceptions. It really is that simple.
Find me a single negative thing I’ve said about Fangio, Jeudy, or Ejiro Evero since they left Denver.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 05-09-2024
Paton had a terrible offseason in 2022, but only rival fans were criticizing the moves he made at the time. The vast majority of people would've made the exact same decision if they were in Denver's situation. The Broncos had three choices:

1. Stick with Drew Lock
2. Draft Kenny Picket
3. Take a swing at one of the two 9x Pro Bowl QBs who were rumored to be available.

I don't like the result of the Russ trade, but the decision made perfect sense at the time, and in the end, it might've been the best thing that ever happened because it led us to Sean Payton and Bo Nix.
This is just...beautiful.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:55 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We have more cap space than Denver :-)

How is that even possible? What has that moron Paton been doing over there?
And Q Joe defends him. He even claims he's better than Veach. You can't make it up. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:59 AM 05-09-2024
Find me a single negative thing I’ve said about Fangio, Jeudy, or Ejiro Evero since they left Denver.
The fact that you can only name a few kinda proves my point. :-)

Btw, you actually should be criticizing Jeudy. Dude's a bust who dropped everything thrown his way and was a cancer.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:08 AM 05-09-2024
From Breer’s mailbag:

From CHStormTracker (@CHSStormTracker): Are the Broncos, Sean Payton in particular, really as sold on Bo Nix as they claim to be? Or is this all a show, and they just took the QB they had to take because the Falcons took Penix?

Spoiler!

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-headlines...s-01hxctcvg9e4

:-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:17 AM 05-09-2024
So upper management had the 6th best qb in the draft 3rd on their board, and drafted him 12th oa. Meanwhile, not one other team had him higher than a mid 2nd. If I were a donkey fan, I'd be more than a little concerned about the donk leadership.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 05-09-2024
May I ask where Sean Payton got this rep as a QB whisperer?

Guy got one guy right. Ever. In his career. We gonna throw flowers at him for Jameis Winston? Hey - he really fucking nailed it with Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde and Drew Hensen out there in Dallas. Bobby Hoying and Ty Detmer were just nails.

Drew Brees made a Pro Bowl in San Diego then got hurt. Apart from coming back from injury, he was a known quantity as a very good NFL quarterback.

Sean Payton doesn't even have an Alex Smith on his resume outside of Brees.

This idea that I'm supposed to defer to Sean Payton on his QB analysis because of some bullshit story he flat out made up on the Cowherd show (no, he absolutely didn't have Mahomes graded higher than any QB he'd ever seen because he wouldn't have sat ass at 11 if he did) is just asinine.

Payton being in love with Nix isn't a demonstration of Payton's brilliance - it just proves the guy loves the smell of his own farts. Which, honestly, we knew already.
[Reply]
rydogg58 10:53 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Guy got one guy right. Ever. In his career. We gonna throw flowers at him for Jameis Winston? Hey - he really fucking nailed it with Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde and Drew Hensen out there in Dallas. Bobby Hoying and Ty Detmer were just nails.

Drew Brees made a Pro Bowl in San Diego then got hurt. Apart from coming back from injury, he was a known quantity as a very good NFL quarterback.

This idea that I'm supposed to defer to Sean Payton on his QB analysis because of some bullshit story he flat out made up on the Cowherd show (no, he absolutely didn't have Mahomes graded higher than any QB he'd ever seen because he wouldn't have sat ass at 11 if he did) is just asinine.

Payton being in love with Nix isn't a demonstration of Payton's brilliance - it just proves the guy loves the smell of his own farts. Which, honestly, we knew already.
The funniest thing about all this is that he's not even smelling his own farts. It's Kevin O'Connell's farts he's sniffing. Nobody but fucktards like quesadilla believes this bullshit about the 6d chess game Payton played to get stuck with Nix.
[Reply]
kcgreene 11:00 AM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Fuck Denver. This should be repeated every ten posts or so.
I concur. This is said obligatory post.

Fuck Denver.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:05 AM 05-09-2024

Had SD not already drafted Rivers, I firmly believe Brees never goes to NO.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:48 AM 05-09-2024
From Breer’s mailbag:

From CHStormTracker (@CHSStormTracker): Are the Broncos, Sean Payton in particular, really as sold on Bo Nix as they claim to be? Or is this all a show, and they just took the QB they had to take because the Falcons took Penix?

Spoiler!

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-headlines...s-01hxctcvg9e4

:-)
That's a lie
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:10 PM 05-09-2024

Guy got one guy right. Ever. In his career. We gonna throw flowers at him for Jameis Winston? Hey - he really ****ing nailed it with Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde and Drew Hensen out there in Dallas. Bobby Hoying and Ty Detmer were just nails.

He out-recruited Mike Shanahan for Tony Romo and attempted to trade for Romo, who was still a backup at the time, after taking the Saints job.

Then he decided to sign Drew Brees instead of using the #2 overall pick on Vince Young, Matt Leinart, or Jay Cutler.

Not only does Sean Payton know QBs, he knows how to get the most out of them as well:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 4875 of 4898
« First < 3875437547754825486548714872487348744875 48764877487848794885 > Last »
Up