ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 223
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
srvy 11:16 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I think it was NE corner on the right, past the intersection as you headed into Raytown.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+...!4d-94.4292081

The wood place was just north of there, just past, and across the street, of the old KCIR, Fuck you Claire If you didn't know they were there, you would never find it.
The biker bar on the sw corner is gone can still see the building pad ant the old veggi stand is still there on Nw cor. Whatever that is on the ne corner wasnt there when i was around that area Staking lakewood subdivision plats and construction staking. We would cut up the back way to lakewood dam. Had beers a few times at the old bar after work. That place could get pretty rowdy we would clear out about 8 before the fighting. They played good music at ear deafening levels.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:10 AM 04-10-2019
You worked for Andes- Roberts Brothers? Wilbur was a good friend. I stayed at his home (no snow) in Grand Cayman several times. I bought and rebuilt many of the homes he built/ constructed from National Homes.

I think I played golf with the guy who owned that bar about 15 years ago. He won lotto and gave it to daughter who crashed the place.
[Reply]
srvy 07:01 AM 04-10-2019
You worked for Andes- Roberts Brothers? Wilbur was a good friend. I stayed at his home (no snow) in Grand Cayman several times. I bought and rebuilt many of the homes he built/ constructed from National Homes.

I think I played golf with the guy who owned that bar about 15 years ago. He won lotto and gave it to daughter who crashed the place.
Copaken White & Blitt we were the contracted Engineering and Surveying firm for them.

Whoops they were the developer of many malls we engineered and construction staked.

Andes&Roberts were out of the picture by the time we entered the picture. Lakewood Homes Development LLC had taken over after Original Developer went tit up.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:27 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
I dont have a Rec Tec pellet grill its a cadillac in relationship to my Camp Chef entry level pellet. I have never felt bold enough to give a brisket a go in it just to many hot and cold spots. Every time I thought to I say next time and go with the WSM.

I know another poster posted a while back on his new Rec Tec perhaps he has done one in it. I cant remember who now of whether it was here of what's for dinner thread.

Im a creature of habit I just cant move away from the dalmation it never fails me.
My Rec Tec is new, only a few cooks on it. This will be the first smoke, but I've been super impressed with how solid it holds temp.
[Reply]
Sorce 07:41 AM 04-10-2019
Charbroil grill is starting to break down so I am planning to replace it soon. I also have a cheap electric smoker. I was thinking of going with the Camp Chef Woodwind SG. The rec-tec is a bit out of my budget. Having the sear box on the side would be handy for doing a reverse sear or finishing SV meals. Any experience with this pellet smoker?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 AM 04-10-2019
I like my garlic, onion and smoked paprika, not just salt and pepper/
When Franklin's BBQ become famous, I tried his just salt and pepper rub.

I'm using a electric smoker, so its not an apples to apples comparison. But, I'm no rookie. I've been smoking meat for 30+ years. Results were okay. So, I tried it again following some prep guidelines he posted online. Didn't really improve the taste.

Matter of fact, the over the counter rub from Costco "Butt Rub" that I gave a shot was better than just salt and pepper. Still like my own rub though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:47 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Charbroil grill is starting to break down so I am planning to replace it soon. I also have a cheap electric smoker. I was thinking of going with the Camp Chef Woodwind SG. The rec-tec is a bit out of my budget. Having the sear box on the side would be handy for doing a reverse sear or finishing SV meals. Any experience with this pellet smoker?
Check out the Rec Tec Stampede. Same base price as that Camp Chef. That's what I got.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:50 AM 04-10-2019
CampChef's are real hit/miss. If you have the means to stretch the budget for a RecTec, I would. GMG's are good too.
[Reply]
srvy 08:51 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
CampChef's are real hit/miss. If you have the means to stretch the budget for a RecTec, I would. GMG's are good too.
Explain hit/miss? have you owned camp chef products? I own a lot of their products especially camping gear. The quality in my opinion is above their price point.

My gripe with pellet smokers is I am not sold on the flavor of the smoke. I think it boils down to extruding sawdust in to pellets and pucks. I have tried many kinds but now just stick with Pit Boss competition blend. I like the convenience especially grilling chicken and pork chops. But long smokes I prefer upright box smokers, Offset fuel hogs and my WSM which is simple and works in my opinion hard to beat.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:02 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Explain hit/miss? have you owned camp chef products? I own a lot of their products especially camping gear. The quality in my opinion is above their price point.

My gripe with pellet smokers is I am not sold on the flavor of the smoke. I think it boils down to extruding sawdust in to pellets and pucks. I have tried many kinds but now just stick with Pit Boss competition blend. I like the convenience especially grilling chicken and pork chops. But long smokes I prefer upright box smokers, Offset fuel hogs and my WSM which is simple and works in my opinion hard to beat.
Probes are really hit or miss. CS is good about sending a replacement, but a co-worker of mine finally gave up after 3 and returned his. His happened to be a woodwind.

I have a SmokePro and it eats through pellets like fucking crazy compared to my other pellet grill. Actually thinking about cleaning it up and selling the dang thing.

Some people are happy with them. Really just depends I guess, but there are other brands with more consistent quality.
[Reply]
srvy 09:06 AM 04-10-2019
I own a Camp Chef smoke pro SE its entry level simple but works. I also got it at a closeout price end of year at Walmart by watching brickseek 69.00 before tax a steal.

I have no problem recommending the brand I own a lot of it. Smokevault 24 in gas upright smoker and 36 in flattop grill camp stoves and cookie gear. Its solid stuff seems to me. Like anything as you add bells and whistles up goes the price as should be.

I dont own Traeger but my next door neighbor does and he is happy. A co worker friend has a Green Mountain Daniel Boone he swears by. I have looked over Rec Tec and wow heavy construction lots stainless steel in right place just feels like quality. When the Camp Chef poops out that is where id look.
[Reply]
srvy 09:15 AM 04-10-2019
Probes are really hit or miss. CS is good about sending a replacement, but a co-worker of mine finally gave up after 3 and returned his. His happened to be a woodwind.

I have a SmokePro and it eats through pellets like fucking crazy compared to my other pellet grill. Actually thinking about cleaning it up and selling the dang thing.

Some people are happy with them. Really just depends I guess, but there are other brands with more consistent quality.
Ive not noticed the pellet use but have nothing to compare it by. Only problem I had was the ignitor element burnt out but was easy enough to replace. It was probably on warranty still but I bought a Amazon knockoff cheap that had same day delivery. Its been going strong for near a year. I do need to work over the door some as I lose a lot of heat there. The bitter cold of this winter taxed it a bit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:16 AM 04-10-2019
WM has a PitBoss vertical pellet smoker with a 60 lb hopper. I'd like to fuck with that if I ever find it at half-price for low and slow overnight cooks.
[Reply]
srvy 09:25 AM 04-10-2019
WM has a PitBoss vertical pellet smoker with a 60 lb hopper. I'd like to fuck with that if I ever find it at half-price for low and slow overnight cooks.
Brickseek inventory checker is a bit frustrating but you do see when the prices closeout. That on walmart, Target, Home Depot and Lowes and how they track inventory though along with employees that will hide the close out product untill it rock bottom price and purchase.
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 10:14 AM 04-10-2019
About how many dollars' worth of pellets does it take to smoke a whole brisket? I have never used a pellet smoker. Got nothing against 'em.

I"m a confirmed Weber man. Worn out many a grill of theirs.

The first smoker I ever bought was a cheapie end-of-season Home Depot special. Ruined a pasture full of brisket being unable to control the fire.

Bought the 22" WSM. Did the gaskets and steel door/latch mods. And a Maverick wireless thermometer.

I swear. It's like rolling a Yahtzee every time all the time.

No desire to enter competitions, but I got a personal blue ribbon from Bob Dole. He said it was the best brisket he ever had.

No fair harshing my mellow by telling me he says that to all the girls.

If they come out with a smoker that will tell me EXACTLY how long the stall will be of the brisket once I place it on the cooking grate, I will have found the replacement of my WSM.

But the parting, I can assure you, will be extremely emotional. I can't stand to see a grown Dinny cry.

Dinny
[Reply]
Page 99 of 223
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up