ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2009 of 3903
« First < 1009150919091959199920052006200720082009 201020112012201320192059210925093009 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:48 PM 05-12-2020
See that's exactly the way I see it, at some point, people are going to get tired of it and say screw this.
That's exactly what happened when the beaches were closed: Everyone hit the parks and trails, which were so overwhelmed that the mayor closed them as well.

The heat wave we experienced the past 10 days or so is now over, so people won't be packing the beach for at least a week or so. But once summer is here, there's nothing the city will be able to do to enforce this order.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:50 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah this is being overdramatic. You certainly don't think New York's economy is really doing great right now. If you become a hotspot, you're toast.
Some still believe the economy would have been fine with zero mitigation.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:51 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's just crazy though.

If I were an official I wouldn't ever put a date on it. If you hit that date and have to extend, you're gonna get shit on.
I always preferred the word indefinitely but a lot of people have to imagine a finish line.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:58 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's exactly what happened when the beaches were closed: Everyone hit the parks and trails, which were so overwhelmed that the mayor closed them as well.

The heat wave we experienced the past 10 days or so is now over, so people won't be packing the beach for at least a week or so. But once summer is here, there's nothing the city will be able to do to enforce this order.
Yeah, I'm not seeing people behaving for another 10 weeks, through the end of July, it's just not happening.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:00 PM 05-12-2020
Yeah, I'm not seeing people behaving for another 10 weeks, through the end of July, it's just not happening.
Pretty good deals on AR-15 kits!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:04 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Halfway down here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/3108593001/
That's to be expected with any antiviral. HIV, Hep B, and Hep C are all treated through combination therapy. The advantage those drugs have is that we've had time to tailor medicinal chemistry to specific components of replication, fusion, attachment, or viral entry.

Remdesevir will be more efficacious the earlier it's used, but there isn't going to be enough of it to use it early. With that said, a modest reduction in hospitalization time, the 31% he is referring to, still helps with resource allocation and reduction of stress on the system...if the hospitals can get it, which is still extremely difficult.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:04 PM 05-12-2020
Wait until the look around the country and see most everyone else opened up as well. Woof.
[Reply]
eDave 02:08 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wait until the look around the country and see most everyone else opened up as well. Woof.
And paid the price.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:14 PM 05-12-2020
See that's exactly the way I see it, at some point, people are going to get tired of it and say screw this.
Our fishing season opens this weekend and we live on the shores of biggest lake in central Ontario, after 8 months of being indoors from winter and this virus it is going to be difficult to keep people from flocking to the lake from across the provinvce. Which I understand and just don,t want to go backward and have to start over.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:15 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
LA County 'with all certainty' extending stay at home order through JULY per the LA Times.

Breaking: Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday https://t.co/jswRcZ5FkS— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) May 12, 2020

You are really messing with people’s psychological makeup with this. What you are really doing is asking people to live in a situation, for a prolonged period of time, that induces fear, anxiety, anger, frustration, etc. that also prohibits a large number of them from doing the things that would otherwise alleviate those negative emotions. It is no surprise that people will be ignoring this. They almost have to. You can’t ask people to live in such a heightened mental state for so long. It goes against our very nature to seek joy and comfort and to take steps in reducing stress.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:17 PM 05-12-2020
Yeah, it's just too much to ask, especially during the summer months.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:19 PM 05-12-2020
I'd rather Pritzker just come out and say through July to us instead of yanking the football away while on our approach every 2 weeks. Continually getting people's hopes up is going to ramp up the backlashes.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:20 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'd rather Pritzker just come out and say through July to us instead of yanking the football away while on our approach every 2 weeks. Continually getting people's hopes up is going to ramp up the backlashes.
This is where I'd be too.

Thet can always end it early if it's not needed. Sucks to keep pushing the dates back
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:25 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
This is where I'd be too.

Thet can always end it early if it's not needed. Sucks to keep pushing the dates back
And they are going to get pushed back again at this rate.

I'm looking at you, PHX.

There's no reason for me to consider going back until the end of the month. Things are starting to open up, Ducey will likely let the stay at home order expire on the 15th - and then by the end of the month you'll see a massive spike in cases.

Then we do this all over again.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:31 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That's exactly what my county (Los Angeles) is going to announce. Stay-at-home through July.

Our city (Palmdale) and Lancaster have petitioned the county to be given exemption because of our location and different numbers. I'm really hoping that works out because people are losing their ever-loving minds over this.
[Reply]
Page 2009 of 3903
« First < 1009150919091959199920052006200720082009 201020112012201320192059210925093009 > Last »
Up