ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1059 of 3903
« First < 595599591009104910551056105710581059 106010611062106310691109115915592059 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 07:09 PM 04-02-2020
I hope more people have had it
[Reply]
Donger 07:09 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Yep, he's a dumbass in disguise!
Case in point. Clearly a bioweapon because SARS-CoV-2 has multiple strains. Points out that every viral epidemic or pandemic has multiple strains, so all must be bioweapons, and gets told to fuck off.

QED
[Reply]
Donger 07:10 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If I improperly remove or put on ppe at work I increase my chance of getting contaminated, she was doing everything wrong multiple times and not using proper hand washing , putting on a contaminated mask and gloves is worse than not putting a mask and gloves at all.
Compared to not wearing any PPE?
[Reply]
O.city 07:10 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Everybody keeps saying that. I don't see how it could be true. If it was, the ICU's would have been much more full like they are in NY and Italy. But they weren't.

I got the flu for the first time in 10 years in early February. And it was the flu. It wasn't coronavirus.
Maybe they were and we didn’t know what we were looking at
[Reply]
ghak99 07:11 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
California is actually surprising the fuck out of me. While they are number 3 in total cases which given their population is to be expected they are very low in total deaths and their daily new deaths seem to stay under 30. There was some chatter on the radio today that they are saying their curve is flattening. I sure hope so. Cause right now the east coast is scaring the fuck out of everyone.
Wasn't there some info out there stating that the California virus was a fairly specific source and NY had figured out that they had imported the virus from several different sources? I want to say they had genotyped the virus at various locations and could determine the regions it had traveled through prior to getting to the current host city. Perhaps there are some slight differences resulting in treatment success.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:11 PM 04-02-2020
That is a gross assumption at best. You have absolutely no way of knowing that whatsoever.
So Californians would have some innate ability of being asymptomatic compared to New Yorkers, Chinese, Italians, and Spaniards? Just by living in California? I find that highly unlikely being that California is also the most of the most diverse populations on earth. If California saw an increase in people being hospitalized with flu like symptoms, they would test them, which they probably do anyway. And if it wasn't the flu they would keep testing them to determine if the illness was novel or not.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Or maybe we have the "herd immunity" thing going on. Wishful thinking I know.....Not sure how much longer the shelter in place orders will last. The streets are busier with traffic this week from last week when they looked like a ghost town. People are getting antsy
It's really impossible to know for sure. The shelter in place thing though has about 3 more weeks or so before people are going to start saying fuck all this shit.

Aside from the run on the hospitals and the increased deaths that will result from it, there is a logic to getting back out and letting nature do its thing. It is definitely not the ideal scenario but that doesn't mean it isn't logical.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:11 PM 04-02-2020
That is a gross assumption at best. You have absolutely no way of knowing that whatsoever.
They can test for influenza.
[Reply]
Donger 07:12 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I have

you dont agree

Thats OK

:-)
For the benefit of the the thread:

[Reply]
Dartgod 07:13 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, I didn't. You don't know that she would have done anything differently or had more caution if she weren't wearing gloves or a mask.

She would have touched her keys. Same result.

She would have touched her car doors. Same result.

And so on. I get that if she had followed proper procedure, she could have decreased her likelihood of infection, but sorry, I don't see the increase.

Please understand. I'm not trying to be difficult. Heck, I posted the precautions I take (and have) in this very thread.
Do you realize how annoying you can be? I suspect you do and I suspect you will answer this post with a question.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:14 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Instacart was the only option for delivery and it'll be the last time, for sure.
Bummer
[Reply]
Donger 07:15 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Do you realize how annoying you can be? I suspect you do and I suspect you will answer this post with a question.
Yes, I'm aware that pointing out and correcting errors and falsehoods can be annoying to those who do it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:16 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, I'm aware that pointing out and correcting errors and falsehoods can be annoying to those who do it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:16 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So Californian's would have some innate ability of being asymptomatic compared to New Yorkers, Chinese, Italians, and Spaniards? Just by being California? I find that highly unlikely being that California is also the most of the most diverse populations on earth.
Dude, you keep acting like all the factors between NY and Italy exist everywhere and that everywhere MUST be like them when that is patently false.

New Yorkers literally live on top of each other. Maybe you haven't ever been to California but I can tell you they have more traffic than anywhere else in the country. Why? Because everyone has a car. They aren't crammed into subways pressed up against everyone else.

They also tend to live in houses and apartments that don't have one entrance that literally everyone that lives there has to touch.

There are so many fucking variables it's asinine to think what happens in NY MUST happen everywhere else.

Again, shitloads of people travel up and down the west coast. WA state was the first hot spot. Everyone was sooooo worried about WA state. Yet CA has more cases than them and less total deaths.

So if your argument is that it is just now getting to CA when 2 states away we had the original hot spot I would have to say you're on crack. Not to mention the overall Chinese population in the state of CA. You know, people traveling back and forth from China to CA.
[Reply]
Donger 07:16 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There's one now. Thanks for checking in.
[Reply]
Page 1059 of 3903
« First < 595599591009104910551056105710581059 106010611062106310691109115915592059 > Last »
Up