« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
In58men 07:56 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I wouldnt even rule that out as a possibility lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:49 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I wouldnt even rule that out as a possibility lol. Callaway did do some things early on that made it look like he at least belongs in the league.
There’s no way they don’t take a WR. Hill will be on the last year of his deal and then the rest outside of Hardman are all one year deals.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 04-21-2021
It’s funny to me that Chiefs Twitter has been pretty much silent after Reid talked about Niang at LT. It comes off as either no one believes him or no one was listening.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 09:24 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Even if they think that Niang can play LT:

1. I’m still signing Okung.
2. I’m still drafting a RT/LT capable player in the first two days of the draft.

That gives you the best depth and availability.

If anyone thinking Niang or a draft pick is going to step in at LT this year, my Donk buddy has a name for you: Garrett Bolles... took 4 years for him to get his sheet together. We need to sign an solid dude with experience who can stay healthy to 2-3 year deal.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:30 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
If anyone thinking Niang or a draft pick is going to step in at LT this year, my Donk buddy has a name for you: Garrett Bolles... took 4 years for him to get his sheet together. We need to sign an solid dude with experience who can stay healthy to 2-3 year deal.
Yep. Every LT is Garrett Bolles now.

And who is that LT that you’re signing to a 2-3 year deal that can stay healthy?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 AM 04-21-2021
I didn't know Lucas Niang had a sub-80 IQ. I read from his scouting report once that he was a pretty good academic in college. Guess not.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:51 AM 04-21-2021
There’s no way they don’t take a WR. Hill will be on the last year of his deal and then the rest outside of Hardman are all one year deals.
I was really meaning day 1-2, i agree they have to take guys even if its even just depth. I wouldnt be shocked if we take positions other than that early and people do the whole DK Metcalf hindsight game for years to come.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 AM 04-21-2021
It’s funny to me that Chiefs Twitter has been pretty much silent after Reid talked about Niang at LT. It comes off as either no one believes him or no one was listening.
I'd be willing to bet it's a lot of both, although I doubt the average Chiefs fan spends that much time watching an entire video like that, it was almost 30 minutes long.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 04-21-2021
Man are you going to be disappointed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:06 AM 04-21-2021
When's the last time we saw a weak WR draft? It seems like damn near every year the WR class is lauded as extremely deep and "one of the best we've had in awhile." And the thing is, those draft pundits are usually right more often than not, unlike the times when they whiff on "Best QB class evar!!!"

We've already reached the point in free agency where 2nd, 3rd, or 4th options with one team are testing free agency and wind up going unsigned for awhile until they get desperate for a contract far below what they were hoping for. Remember when a shitty WR team like the Chiefs signed Steve Breaston to be their #2? Those deals really aren't happening quite like they used to because more teams either don't need those players (they found success in the draft) or they try to save money at the position, assuming they can get the same production out of a guy on a rookie contract.

Not sure where this fits in. We were just talking about WRs is all, and that thought popped into my head.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:08 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's right, though! Why doesn't Veach just sign a pretty good veteran with reliable health for a reasonable 2-3 year deal????

Damn it, Burt! :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 04-21-2021
I’ve prepared myself for all of the “Fire Veach” screams that are going to come out if we don’t take an OT in the first three rounds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
When's the last time we saw a weak WR draft? It seems like damn near every year the WR class is lauded as extremely deep and "one of the best we've had in awhile." And the thing is, those draft pundits are usually right more often than not, unlike the times when they whiff on "Best QB class evar!!!"

We've already reached the point in free agency where 2nd, 3rd, or 4th options with one team are testing free agency and wind up going unsigned for awhile until they get desperate for a contract far below what they were hoping for. Remember when a shitty WR team like the Chiefs signed Steve Breaston to be their #2? Those deals really aren't happening quite like they used to because more teams either don't need those players (they found success in the draft) or they try to save money at the position, assuming they can get the same production out of a guy on a rookie contract.

Not sure where this fits in. We were just talking about WRs is all, and that thought popped into my head.
I think the prevalence of spread offenses and the evolution to more passing in general is what is fueling it. The CB's class is really good too. It's because college is just flat out producing more WR's and CB's when so many teams are running 5 wides and the nickel and dime defenses that counter them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 AM 04-21-2021
I’ve prepared myself for all of the “Fire Veach” screams that are going to come out if we don’t take an OT in the first three rounds.
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take a tackle in the first 3 rounds but I don't actually expect that to happen.

However, in his scenario, neither Niang nor a drafted rookie are starting next year. Right now, I'd say that's pretty damn likely to happen. Somebody that hasn't played an NFL snap is going to be playing tackle next year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:16 AM 04-21-2021
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take a tackle in the first 3 rounds but I don't actually expect that to happen.

However, in his scenario, neither Niang nor a drafted rookie are starting next year. Right now, I'd say that's pretty damn likely to happen. Somebody that hasn't played an NFL snap is going to be playing tackle next year.
Going off of what they said....I think Niang has a good chance at succeeding at LT. He’ll have Thuney next to him and Thuney won’t have to worry about covering for Blythe as much.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up