ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 194 of 205
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KC Hawks 09:58 AM 08-27-2020

The NBA's players have decided to resume the playoffs, source tells ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 27, 2020

tk13 09:59 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
True but it also divided this country even more than it already is. Don't forget to mention that.

Look the players have every right to do what they are doing. I am not saying they don't. I just think there's better and more practical ways to bring about a change.
I really don't think that's the point though. That's where a lot of you are missing the mark. I really have no interest in wading into this political conversation and derailing this thread. Based on the comments by folks like Doc Rivers and some others who usually don't speak up quite like this, I don't think these players and coaches really care about bringing people together or singing campfire songs at this point. They don't want to see people getting shot by police and whatever it takes to make that happen, then so be it. How best to achieve that? That's a whole other conversation, as we're seeing here. I think the players felt they were being practical after George Floyd, and that didn't work, so they're going to turn up the heat. Is that the right way to do it? I guess we'll see. But just listen to the interviews and it's obvious there's a lot of frustration that what they've been doing isn't working.
PAChiefsGuy 10:02 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
How do you know that?
Go talk to your friends, family and co-workers then get back to me. Does a small sample size like that represent whole country? No but I've read and seen enough to feel confident in my statement

Originally Posted by tk13:
I really don't think that's the point though. That's where a lot of you are missing the mark. I really have no interest in wading into this political conversation and derailing this thread. Based on the comments by folks like Doc Rivers and some others who usually don't speak up quite like this, I don't think these players and coaches really care about bringing people together or singing campfire songs at this point. They don't want to see people getting shot by police and whatever it takes to make that happen, then so be it. How best to achieve that? That's a whole other conversation, as we're seeing here. I think the players felt they were being practical after George Floyd, and that didn't work, so they're going to turn up the heat. Is that the right way to do it? I guess we'll see. But just listen to the interviews and it's obvious there's a lot of frustration that what they've been doing isn't working.
That's a very good point but at same time why are they not protesting all the gang shootings that are killing far more blacks than cops are? Or at the very least mentioning it? I know 16 ppl were shot in a gang related shooting at a funeral home not too long ago in Chicago all of them black from what I understand. Didnt hear a peep about it from any NBA players as far as I know.

I just feel like cops are underappreciated in this country by many. It's a tough job and these guys and girls are human they make mistakes just like we all do at our jobs.
Sassy Squatch 10:03 AM 08-27-2020

Sources: NBA players in meeting today agreed to continue playing this postseason — but want to find new and improved ways to make social justice statements. Players expect games to resume this weekend.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 27, 2020

CasselGotPeedOn 10:06 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
"New and improved ways to make social justice statements." Lulz
htismaqe 10:07 AM 08-27-2020
They're going to be disappointed when they find out that nothing they can do will work, short of going out into the communities themselves and getting involved feet first. Even then, it's easy to see where this isn't solved anytime soon because not everybody agrees on the problem, let alone the solution.
Why Not? 10:07 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Get ready bc this is probably happening next month in the NFL.

No way. Even shitty NBA bench guys make garunteed millions. Half of an NFL roster is not making great money (pro sports version). This is posturing. I bet no teams miss anything (related to this. Covid who knows?)
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
We need BIGGER platitudes on the backs of our jerseys! In comic sans! And bright colors!
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:10 AM 08-27-2020
Do you think the information that was hidden until yesterday effects the George Floyd narrative? Do you think the George Floyd incident effected the way the Kenosha PD tried to restrain Jacob Blake? Do you believe the narrative that police are hunting black men in the streets, despite the statistics proving otherwise?
Sassy Squatch 10:13 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
:-) Can't wait for the salt when Mahomes is the athlete speaking out. This board might just explode
FloridaMan88 10:14 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Get ready bc this is probably happening next month in the NFL.

:-) Some random Twitter nobody posts he’s heard from anonymous “insiders” so that means it must be true.

If the NFL players strike, the CBA is voided and the players would lose millions $$$.

So in other words it isn’t happening.
dj56dt58 10:14 AM 08-27-2020
Why don't these pro athletes quit and go become a cop and show everyone how it's done? Then they can make a difference (until a black man threatens their life and they shoot them)
BigRedChief 10:15 AM 08-27-2020
:-) Can't wait for the salt when Mahomes is the athlete speaking out. This board might just explode
He’s already said he’s taking a knee at the opener.
Mecca 10:15 AM 08-27-2020
There will be spontaneous human combustion as sports thoughts collide with political ones and there is just overload.
BigCatDaddy 10:15 AM 08-27-2020
Mahomes speaks in a tactful and intelligent way that can bring unity. He would be a much better spokesman that guys like Lebron
Page 194 of 205
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204 > Last »
Up