ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2179 of 3903
« First < 1179167920792129216921752176217721782179 218021812182218321892229227926793179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:49 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, back to your pedantic bullshit. So show us all where they say masks prevent you from getting Covid. It should be rather easy for you. Cause I haven't seen a single medical expert say it does. In fact I have seen tons stress just the opposite.
I asked you this: You are saying that a mask wouldn't stop a droplet?

You responded with this: I am not saying that. The experts are saying that

You've yet to show that. Can you, or not?

No one claims that wearing a mask prevents you from getting COVID-19. Does it help lower your chances of being infected and mitigate the spread? Of course.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:49 AM 05-22-2020
Yeah, exactly. So just stop right there and :-) about it because you don't know. What you think you know is what the media wants you to think you know. Thus their deliberate efforts to keep her criminal background largely undiscussed. So just stop.
What’s my stance on it that I think I know? As smart as you can be your reading comprehension goes to shit when your busy typing out responses to everyone on the board. I don’t know if this lady is full of shit, nor do I know if Florida should have fired her. I do know she sent a whistleblower email and then was fired the next day. Timing makes it hard to eliminate cloud of suspicion around their data, and the best thing for them to do is clear it up by investigating allegations and demonstrating she is a full of shit ex-employee ex-criminal making false allegations. I don’t blindly trust politicians when this much money is at stake, and if you’ve read any of my posts I feel the same distrust for the media.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
A) Thank you for posting.

B) Got a link?

Edit: NM I found it
[Reply]
petegz28 10:50 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I asked you this: You are saying that a mask wouldn't stop a droplet?

You responded with this: I am not saying that. The experts are saying that

You've yet to show that. Can you, or not?

No one claims that wearing a mask prevents you from getting COVID-19. Does it help lower your chances of being infected and mitigate the spread? Of course.
Yeah we know what you were doing
[Reply]
petegz28 10:54 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
What’s my stance on it that I think I know? As smart as you can be your reading comprehension goes to shit when your busy typing out responses to everyone on the board. I don’t know if this lady is full of shit, nor do I know if Florida should have fired her. I do know she sent a whistleblower email and then was fired the next day. Timing makes it hard to eliminate cloud of suspicion around their data, and the best thing for them to do is clear it up by investigating allegations and demonstrating she is a full of shit ex-employee ex-criminal making false allegations. I don’t blindly trust politicians when this much money is at stake, and if you’ve read any of my posts I feel the same distrust for the media.
I don't care what your stance is. You brought it up for a reason, however, so it's not hard to assume where you were going with it and why.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Still bitching about the masks? You're such a crybaby. Either wear it or don't. Your choice
Speaking of bitching

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
My whole thing is if you don't want to wear a mask fine... But don't talk shit on ppl who do. They obviously are doing it to either protect themselves or others. What the hell is wrong w that?
You gonna take people to task who talk shit on people who don't wear? I know you are asserting that there's more shit-talking at the mask wearers, but I think that a survey of social media and this site would suggest otherwise. . . .

Maybe everyone give everyone a break, and the presumption they're doing their best . . . Maybe . . .
[Reply]
petegz28 11:02 AM 05-22-2020
That was a good read but I think it comes down to the problem that most of the experts seem to say, which is people don't wear the masks correctly among other things like touching their mask, etc. That is what seems to be the deciding factor and of course it is no surprise. Ineffectively wearing the mask does a much better job of preventing spread than ineffectively wearing the mask prevents getting infection is what the common conclusion tends to be.
[Reply]
limested 11:03 AM 05-22-2020
Yeah we know what you were doing
I am going to believe the Mayo Clinic much more than your someone told me arguments.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Originally Posted by :
Can face masks help prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the disease.

So why weren't face masks recommended at the start of the pandemic? At that time, experts didn't yet know the extent to which people with COVID-19 could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have COVID-19 but don't have any symptoms. Both groups can unknowingly spread the virus to others.

These discoveries led the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to do an about-face on face masks. The CDC updated its guidance to recommend widespread use of simple cloth face coverings to help prevent transmission of COVID-19 by people who have the virus but don't know it.

Some public health groups argue that masks should be reserved for health care providers and point to the critical shortage of surgical masks and N95 masks. The CDC acknowledged this concern when it recommended cloth masks for the public and not the surgical and N95 masks needed by health care providers.

[Reply]
petegz28 11:04 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
I am going to believe the Mayo Clinic much more than your someone told me arguments.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449
Um, perhaps you are a touch slow but I have never argued masks don't prevent the spread. In fact I have stated just the opposite. How you missed that is really unbelievable.
[Reply]
Donger 11:05 AM 05-22-2020
Gee, who woulda thunk it?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:05 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
For the third time: if it is an inactivated virus, once the RCT data is in.

Next time I'll try a crayon font.
Okay. So we’ll all anxiously await the RCT data that we’re all so familiar with then. Thank you almighty Hamas.

Just so you know most of those patients leaving whatever pharmacy you work at aren’t leaving because they’re trolls. They’re leaving because you’re an asshole and it’s likely not hard to find a pharmacist just as smart across town that will actually help them without trying to prove their intellectual superiority. Most pharmacists signed up to be helpful and give back to their community. It’s easy to spot the ones that just love to wear their white coats to feel superior. I unfortunately have to work with a few more asshole pharmacists like you than I’d like to.

I hope you’re at least giving legitimate info for Covid fatality rates in children to worried parents and not withholding that info from them just so that you can promote more social distancing. That’s all I was trying to say by bringing up that the flu is more deadly than the coronavirus in children. Most parents have a tendency to overreact when their children’s safety is involved so hopefully most parents are at least at ease more nowadays with the research we have in front of us and they aren’t overreacting thinking this is a danger to their kids.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:05 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of bitching

You gonna take people to task who talk shit on people who don't wear? I know you are asserting that there's more shit-talking at the mask wearers, but I think that a survey of social media and this site would suggest otherwise. . . .

Maybe everyone give everyone a break, and the presumption they're doing their best . . . Maybe . . .
I was talking to PETE who posts 50-times a day bitching about wearing masks.

I'm not doing that now I am?
[Reply]
Donger 11:06 AM 05-22-2020
That was a good read but I think it comes down to the problem that most of the experts seem to say, which is people don't wear the masks correctly among other things like touching their mask, etc. That is what seems to be the deciding factor and of course it is no surprise. Ineffectively wearing the mask does a much better job of preventing spread than ineffectively wearing the mask prevents getting infection is what the common conclusion tends to be.
:-)
[Reply]
limested 11:08 AM 05-22-2020
Um, perhaps you are a touch slow but I have never argued masks don't prevent the spread. In fact I have stated just the opposite. How you missed that is really unbelievable.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:09 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Yeah, there are only 100 pages of me saying masks prevent the spreading not the getting but you go on with your bad self.....
[Reply]
Page 2179 of 3903
« First < 1179167920792129216921752176217721782179 218021812182218321892229227926793179 > Last »
Up