ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 858 of 3903
« First < 358758808848854855856857858 85986086186286890895813581858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 10:27 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
So I stated a few posts down.

She didn't give a solid answer until the reporter forced her to.

This basically changes nothing.
Are you sure? When KC did this it essentially directed all non-essential businesses to close. I think they can refuse to without any real punishment, but the social pressure seems to accomplish the goal for these "shelter in place" orders. Might be different for whatever your job is.
[Reply]
notorious 10:28 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It is because of mother ****ers that will not stay home that have caused the governors to have to react strongly . They are the reason that this shit is not under control to behind us all by this point.
I agree.

I am not going to fault someone for catching it getting food or trying to earn, but the party part pissed me off.

I hope that guy gets exactly what he deserves.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:28 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Independence has some of the best drinking water in America. It comes from deep limestone wells and is NOT Missouri River water. If you've ever been somewhere that the tap water reeks, you appreciate quality tap water.
Opposite here. My city buys water from MPLS/Mississippi river. It is well treated and is very good. Plymouth, MN is underground water from limestone areas. They can't get enough lime out. It coats cars and leaves deposits on sinks. Everyone in Plymouth needs a softener. Very hard water.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's only a guideline. No criminal charges.

Thank goodness. This is still the US after all.
It's kinda silly bro.

You can still drive wherever you want to drive. They're not pulling people over.

Public group gatherings are going to be broken up though.
[Reply]
wazu 10:32 AM 03-28-2020
Independence has some of the best drinking water in America. It comes from deep limestone wells and is NOT Missouri River water. If you've ever been somewhere that the tap water reeks, you appreciate quality tap water.

http://www.ci.independence.mo.us/Water/WaterQuality
Oh boy here comes George with his Independence patriotism again.
[Reply]
srvy 10:35 AM 03-28-2020
KC is rated as some of the best drinking water in the country. Those wells all around Independence are near banks of the Missouri River near Sugar Creek. One thing the well and pipe intake to rivers have in common they all get pumped to a purification plant to make it potable.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 03-28-2020

Man quarantined in home after returning from overseas runs nude, bites elderly woman to death in TN: Police

— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
Kman34 10:39 AM 03-28-2020

http://www.ci.independence.mo.us/Water/WaterQuality
This is correct.. has been that way for years..
[Reply]
DaFace 10:45 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's kinda silly bro.

You can still drive wherever you want to drive. They're not pulling people over.

Public group gatherings are going to be broken up though.
It's mainly just shutting down businesses, so there won't be any places people want to go.
[Reply]
srvy 10:45 AM 03-28-2020
The reason Municipalies drill into water table over river intake pipes is the source may not be near within there boundaries also in times of drought river intakes are in jeopardy to low water cutting off supply. Tree huggers don't seem to like drilling into water table also:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:45 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
See you just couldn't let it go. You had to continue on. This isn't about me, When its happened with multiple people, its about you.

How many people have you beefed with in this thread for PAGES? You are the one that needs to chill and stop attacking everyone who's not buying your everything is rainbows schtick.
If It’s not about you why are you making it about you? You are clogging this thread about arguing with him about him not arguing with others.

You aren’t a mod. Leave that to us.
[Reply]
notorious 10:46 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's mainly just shutting down businesses, so there won't be any places people want to go.
Yep.

Businesses with physical locations are advised to shut down.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:47 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We have an issue down here with the sewers built in 1920 leaking, When we get storms or long lasting rain events, they dump water that may have been contaminated into the gulf, Spending $300 million to fix it, hasn't happened in a couple of years now.
Here’s another one made to be about you.

No one gives a fuck right now about this.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:49 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No I didn't. I asked if all he does is post bad news because that's all I see him doing and suggested he take a break from it because he is clearly very emotional about it.

As far as you, you are nothing more than a shining beacon of projection. And I don't need you try and explain some set of rules to me either.
No one cares about this either. Take it somewhere else.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:52 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
You are an idiot who likes to post shit you have no idea about. Lees Summit buys its water from KCMO which comes from the Missouri River. Longview Lake is a Corps of Engineer Flood control Reservoir.

Just quit posting shit you don't know.
:-)

And whoever thumbs downed this post is dumb
[Reply]
Page 858 of 3903
« First < 358758808848854855856857858 85986086186286890895813581858 > Last »
Up