ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1958 of 3903
« First < 958145818581908194819541955195619571958 195919601961196219682008205824582958 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 11:21 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Apparently you haven't. Or you are just so full of shit you have no fucking idea of what you're talking about in this case.
:-) ok man
[Reply]
Donger 11:23 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
As testing goes up and the positivity number goes down that is a good thing.
Yes. But that chart isn't showing that.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:23 AM 05-08-2020
i guess every addict cant help but beat women and children now...
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:23 AM 05-08-2020
How can cases go up if positivity goes down? Asking for a friend.....
you're a fucking idiot
[Reply]
Monticore 11:23 AM 05-08-2020
How can cases go up if positivity goes down? Asking for a friend.....
If you test more people and less are positive , that is good isn't it?

he said testing not cases.
[Reply]
kgrund 11:24 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
As testing goes up and the positivity number goes down that is a good thing.
A piece that has been lacking in so much of the reporting of positive tests is where they are occurring. As we most certainly move forward, more transparency will be required for people to assess their true risk. Outbreaks in nursing homes and prisons that could account for the bulk of a spike are outbreaks worth noting, but likely do not impact the average person's risk in the community compared to a more general spike in cases. As always, numbers do not matter near as much as what makes up a number.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:25 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i guess every addict cant help but beat women and children now...
Got myself a bottle of Woodford Reserve a little bit ago. The wife, kid and dogs all pissed themselves when I walked in with that bad boy. They know this evening is Hell in a Cell 2020. Once it hits my lips I pull down the shades and put the fist wraps on.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:28 AM 05-08-2020
:-) ok man
Yeah that's what most people and I would lay money that every psychiatrist and other medical professionals would think about your "just choose to not too" avice.

**** people with mental disorders and diseases right? I mean

Why don't alcoholics just simply "choose" not to drink?
Why don't heroin addicts just "choose" not to do drugs?
Why don't bipolar people just "choose" to be happy?
Why don't people suffering from depression just "choose" to not be depressed?
Why don't people who suffer from anxiety just "choose" to chill out?

You know, because it's just that simple according to SAUTO.

Meanwhile there are entire medical fields and professions along with $100's of millions spent every year just getting people to realize "it's just a choice" and **** anything else it might be.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 11:29 AM 05-08-2020
Fox Business literally just had a banner saying cases were up 2.4% nationally. I wish they could all read the same Magic 8 Ball at the same time.
They are reporting two different things. This is total case, the other is % of tests that are positive. Both will go up as you test more, but its a good leading indicator if % of cases is falling, obv total cases falling to 0 is the ultimate goal
[Reply]
petegz28 11:30 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If you test more people and less are positive , that is good isn't it?

he said testing not cases.
OMG and I though the "Asking for a friend" was a huge sarcasm flag
[Reply]
petegz28 11:31 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
They are reporting two different things. This is total case, the other is % of tests that are positive. Both will go up as you test more, but its a good leading indicator if % of cases is falling, obv total cases falling to 0 is the ultimate goal
Yes, I know, initially misread the chart. I tried to make light of that fact but apparently I didn't do enough
[Reply]
petegz28 11:33 AM 05-08-2020
you're a ****ing idiot
And you're a dick....:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:39 AM 05-08-2020
many people in this world have anger, dependence, bipolar whatever and dont kill themselves or beat women and children. because they choose not to.
Many people in this world get COVID-19 and have minimal/no symptoms.

90% of the people who have complications from COVID-19 and drain hospital capacity have underlying health conditions that result from bad CHOICES.

Being obese, being diabetic (95% of diabetics in the US have the lifestyle-caused Type 2 version), and having hypertension... all conditions from bad lifestyle choices.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:42 AM 05-08-2020
Yeah that's what most people and I would lay money that every psychiatrist and other medical professionals would think about your "just choose to not too" avice.

**** people with mental disorders and diseases right? I mean

Why don't alcoholics just simply "choose" not to drink?
Why don't heroin addicts just "choose" not to do drugs?
Why don't bipolar people just "choose" to be happy?
Why don't people suffering from depression just "choose" to not be depressed?
Why don't people who suffer from anxiety just "choose" to chill out?

You know, because it's just that simple according to SAUTO.

Meanwhile there are entire medical fields and professions along with $100's of millions spent every year just getting people to realize "it's just a choice" and **** anything else it might be.
My mom had mental health issues and was a smoker and she chose not to get help or take the meds my wife prescribed. Lung CA got her at 62

My dad was a drinker and a smoker and he chose to get help and quit both .

both had the same access and opportunity to get better one chose not to do so.

I understand the underlying condition might not be a choice .
[Reply]
petegz28 11:46 AM 05-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
My mom had mental health issues and was a smoker and she chose not to get help or take the meds my wife prescribed. Lung CA got her at 62

My dad was a drinker and a smoker and he chose to get help and quit both .

both had the same access and opportunity to get better one chose not to do so.

I understand the underlying condition might not be a choice .
Well gee, that solves it. You and SAUTO can tell all the people it's just a choice and quit going to your doctors, taking your meds and talking with your shrinks.

Who knew it was just that simple, heh?

If your point you are trying to make is just because you smoke and drink doesn't make you a child or spouse abuser I would agree. Other than that I fail to see what your point is?
[Reply]
Page 1958 of 3903
« First < 958145818581908194819541955195619571958 195919601961196219682008205824582958 > Last »
Up