ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 324
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:44 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Based on this year we don’t have the personnel for a 34 either
Sure,

So let’s take our strength and ruin it! Like I said we will preform about same as this year next but with less sacks.

There is NOTHING outside of Spags 3 years coaching a good defense that should inspire ANY of you with confidence. Add in the fact it will be a defensive rebuild year and you have your built in excuse.

You guys are hanging your hat on optimism that it won’t be worse because XYZ. Well Spag is the only guy available who has coached teams to worse.

My only hope is we cut Houston/trade-release ford and find a great FA DE (maybe Clowney) add a guy like David Irving on a short contract. And find secondary/MLB....

But that is a tall fucking order to fill
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 PM 01-24-2019
You are reeeeeeeallly overstating the difficulty of this change.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:46 PM 01-24-2019
So they are going to let go a guy who had 13 sacks and another who's had 9 back to back years lol no they arent knock it off with the awful takes
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:46 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't have a problem with it if they do let him go.

I just don't think that's how it will shake out, but if so, that's fine.

For half that money, you can get a solid 4-3 end.

We also have two #2 picks that were shit OLB's as coverage guys but show some pass rush potential.

Let's see what shakes out.
I think one of those 2 picks are going to be shit regardless of your alignment. The other could maybe translate over if he'll put the fucking Wendy's bags down.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Sure,

So let’s take our strength and ruin it! Like I said we will preform about same as this year next but with less sacks.

There is NOTHING outside of Spags 3 years coaching a good defense that should inspire ANY of you with confidence. Add in the fact it will be a defensive rebuild year and you have your built in excuse.

You guys are hanging your hat on optimism that it won’t be worse because XYZ. Well Spag is the only guy available who has coached teams to worse.

My only hope is we cut Houston/trade-release ford and find a great FA DE (maybe Clowney) add a guy like David Irving on a short contract. And find secondary/MLB....

But that is a tall ****ing order to fill
I would like to have Irving back. He’s a nutball apparently tho

I don’t see why they won’t have a good pass rush next year with Jones and one of Houston or ford plus a full offseason of acquisitions

We’ll see I guess
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:51 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You are reeeeeeeallly overstating the difficulty of this change.
Lmao,

Yeah I get it you think it will make a difference, I’ll point out other teams who have in last 5 years moved from 3-4 to 4-3 taking 2-3 years to be good.

Someone else will come in and make the dumb comment that 4-3 DEs are easy to find. And how Hitches can somehow play MLB in a 4-3.

Then someone will come in and say DE is speak natural position so he for sure must be better. And Houston will be fine at DE.... etc etc

I get it,

But history says otherwise
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 PM 01-24-2019
Teams usually switch when they have regime changes and their talent is ass

The chiefs talent apparently isn’t ass.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:54 PM 01-24-2019
Houston might end up at SLB

Originally Posted by :
SAM linebacker -

When most think of the 4-3 defense, they think of three off-ball linebackers on the second level behind four defensive linemen.

With the 4-3 Under, one of those off-ball linebackers shifts down close to the line of scrimmage — still standing — and can rush the passer or drop into coverage to carry a tight end to the safeties in the second level.

During Spagnuolo’s second run as a defensive coordinator with the New York Giants, he acquired Olivier Vernon, who played this role regularly. Vernon is a large outside linebacker with limited coverage ability but was able to defend the run very well off of the tight end and could find a lot of success as a pass rusher standing up.

If that sounds familiar to you, it should — it’s quite similar to what Justin Houston has offered the Chiefs recently. Houston would be a very solid fit in this role should the Chiefs retain him.

[Reply]
Bump 08:54 PM 01-24-2019
so probably going with a 4-3? That might help hitchens, hopefully anyways. Chris Jones will be a monster on the inside. But I'm not sure how Houston and Ford fits into that, maybe our 2nd round pick from a couple of years ago Tanoh Kpassagnon will finally be developed and fit in as a DE?? I'm not really sure about Speaks either. DoD might fit in well at linebacker in that scheme with his speed.

I don't really know, just thinking out loud pretty much.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:54 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Teams usually switch when they have regime changes and their talent is ass

The chiefs talent apparently isn’t ass.
Well I mean.....

Our
DE - good/decent
-NT was ass
- OLB good
- MLB Ass
- CBs assish
- Saftey Ass
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:55 PM 01-24-2019
Chargers did it in one year.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:56 PM 01-24-2019
I'd flip Dee Ford for JPP, release Houston and use that extra money to target Jordan Hicks if he makes it to the open market.

Trade for a #1 corner, add another DE in the 2nd day of the draft and than we'll be cooking with some heat.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yes, it's pretty easy to do with Joey Bosa.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:57 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
so probably going with a 4-3? That might help hitchens, hopefully anyways. Chris Jones will be a monster on the inside. But I'm not sure how Houston and Ford fits into that, maybe our 2nd round pick from a couple of years ago Tanoh Kpassagnon will finally be developed and fit in as a DE?? I'm not really sure about Speaks either. DoD might fit in well at linebacker in that scheme with his speed.

I don't really know, just thinking out loud pretty much.
I think it will help him. It's the system he came from. I could be wrong but I believe being in a 4-3 he will have less keys and checks on gaps and such.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:59 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Chargers had I believe the #6 defense this year playing a cover-3 zone almost exclusively. Problem is every time they faced a good QB like Mahomes or Brady, they got whacked pretty good. The Steelers slapped them around a bit as well.

But your point stands...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:00 PM 01-24-2019
I'd keep Houston/Ford, try to sign Thomas 1 yr, draft a corner at the end of the first and an interior lineman in the 2nd
[Reply]
Page 29 of 324
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up