ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 324
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:13 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He finally had back surgery that seems to have given him new flexibility.
I thought this too.

Then I found out he had back surgery in 2011.

He's had back surgery TWICE. And missed entire seasons because of his back THREE TIMES.

You don't backup the Brinks trucks for that.
[Reply]
warrior 08:16 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Let two superstars walk to still go spend the same money in FA? That is the dumbest s*** I've heard. Then you're paying guys who don't know your system yet and letting guys very familiar with the system that are exceeding expectations walk free.

Well you know the old saying opinions are like ass's every one has one-some just stink worse than others. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 08:24 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Not just super bowls. Would trade both hill and Jones for a Super Bowl victory.
So.. you want the chiefs to enter a rebuild.. to try and win a superbowl?
[Reply]
RunKC 08:27 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
New England will pay their own home grown stars typically. Not always, but they do.

They’ve just never had studs like Hill or Jones in the last several years.
I guess they do. But what sucks is they all don’t get paid much. Brady takes a discount, Gronk makes around $11 million average, Edelman makes around $5 million average.

I do remember Bill offloading Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins and Brandon Cooks (not homegrown but he’s really good).

I’m just ready for their time to come like everyone else. We all want to knock these assholes out and go to the Super Bowl for a change. Hopefully it happens next year.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:39 AM 02-01-2019
So there was twice during the season that the ref didn't tell DF that he was in the neutral zone when he was lining up and the ref threw the flag once. That's AR's fault?????? It lends more credence to AR saying something after the game about how the ref normally says something to the coach or player than it does that AR is incompetent.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:52 AM 02-01-2019
Hill changes the game in ways that few players can, at any position. BB showed you that with his game plan. Jones is the same deal, he is a game wrecker unlike any DT not named Aaron Donald.

And they’re not older. Gotta keep them.
[Reply]
bowener 09:06 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What he signs it before you can deal him? Stuck with a 15 mil cap hit for a dufus that is far from a complete player. He's not worth 15 mil at all.
How mad are you going to be when they keep Ford? And $15 million a year is going to be cheap for any decent pass rusher going forward. The cap is about to go up again, and after the new TV and streaming contracts are settled it will jump higher. If somebody can lock Ford down for $15 million a year they will be getting a steal on a guy that can actually get to the QB. Shit on Ford all you want but remember he has been coached by worthless shit Sutton for his entire career. I'd like to see Ford coached by competent defensive coaches. I guarantee if Ford went somewhere like Seattle he would rape faces after 1 year of coaching there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
How mad are you going to be when they keep Ford? And $15 million a year is going to be cheap for any decent pass rusher going forward. The cap is about to go up again, and after the new TV and streaming contracts are settled it will jump higher. If somebody can lock Ford down for $15 million a year they will be getting a steal on a guy that can actually get to the QB. Shit on Ford all you want but remember he has been coached by worthless shit Sutton for his entire career. I'd like to see Ford coached by competent defensive coaches. I guarantee if Ford went somewhere like Seattle he would rape faces after 1 year of coaching there.
Ford is due for another season ending injury. Are you going to be okay with $15M spending half the season on IR?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:14 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
Go full Patriots. Stop signing big money contracts. If you can get two #1 picks for Chris Jones or Tyreek Hill, take it and save the money to spend on FA. Get out of the cycle of tying up huge dollars when players get hurt all the time. Mahomes will get his money, no one else can get $20 million per year. Get the best coaches money can buy and build the roster from the bottom up.

This is either a troll job or one of the dumbest takes I have ever seen on here. And that's saying something.
[Reply]
bowener 09:33 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ford is due for another season ending injury. Are you going to be okay with $15M spending half the season on IR?
I don't pay the bills and I can't get angry at a player for being injured. That's fucking stupid. If a player goes all Fat Albert Haynesworth on a team then I think the team and the fans would have reason to be angry.

And why is he due another season ending injury? Because that happened last year but not any of the other 5? I am confused by that statement of yours.

Dee Ford tied JJ Watt for most forced fumbles; beat Mack, TJ Watt, and Houston. I don't have strong feelings about Ford one way or another, but it is clear he is a playmaker on a defense that was lacking them. Can he get better still? Yes, and I think he will, especially now that the Chiefs fired Sutton. I don't think you or others have accounted for how shitty Sutton was at coaching. Not just in games but overall. It is clear this team has no idea how to tackle, and it is clear the LBs had no idea what was going on most of the time. I would say it is a miracle Ford and Houston managed the season they each had.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:35 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I don't pay the bills and I can't get angry at a player for being injured. That's fucking stupid. If a player goes all Fat Albert Haynesworth on a team then I think the team and the fans would have reason to be angry.

And why is he due another season ending injury? Because that happened last year but not any of the other 5? I am confused by that statement of yours.

Dee Ford tied JJ Watt for most forced fumbles; beat Mack, TJ Watt, and Houston. I don't have strong feelings about Ford one way or another, but it is clear he is a playmaker on a defense that was lacking them. Can he get better still? Yes, and I think he will, especially now that the Chiefs fired Sutton. I don't think you or others have accounted for how shitty Sutton was at coaching. Not just in games but overall. It is clear this team has no idea how to tackle, and it is clear the LBs had no idea what was going on most of the time. I would say it is a miracle Ford and Houston managed the season they each had.
Dee Ford has missed at least one game in every season except one since his sophomore year of college. He's had 3 knee injuries, 3 back injuries, and 2 back surgeries. Since his sophomore year of college, he's missed more than half a season 3 times and been on IR twice in 5 years in the NFL.

Why would you pay a guy like that? The best ability is AVAILABILITY.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 02-01-2019
And for the record, I was always in the "tag Ford" camp. That hasn't changed. But after thoroughly researching his injury history, I really think the Chiefs have to try and trade him or let him walk.

We're coming off the whole Haglund's thing. Paying Dee Ford $15M is a terrible risk to take when you're gunning for a Super Bowl. The guy has talent but he's got to be on the field and his entire history shows that's not likely to happen two years in a row.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:14 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And for the record, I was always in the "tag Ford" camp. That hasn't changed. But after thoroughly researching his injury history, I really think the Chiefs have to try and trade him or let him walk.

We're coming off the whole Haglund's thing. Paying Dee Ford $15M is a terrible risk to take when you're gunning for a Super Bowl. The guy has talent but he's got to be on the field and his entire history shows that's not likely to happen two years in a row.
A terrible risk would be signing him to a multi-year big dollar contract.

Tagging him at $15M is an easy decision.

Ford was great btw this year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 02-01-2019
The issue with the tag is that it just burns up 15 mil. If he stays healthy and plays like he did this year it’s fine and worth it.

Odds just aren’t good
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
A terrible risk would be signing him to a multi-year big dollar contract.

Tagging him at $15M is an easy decision.

Ford was great btw this year.
Not when you have Houston and Berry on the contracts they are on. The only way they can afford to tag Ford and keep him is if they do something with those two.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 324
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up