ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frozen Pizza: Homerun Inn Pizza
CoMoChief 07:23 PM 06-09-2013
Just bought at Costco (2) one sausage, one pepperoni Chicago's Homerun Inn frozen pizza. Heard it was the shit on this site. I'm about to try it out.

Will I be disappointed? Normally I'm a quantity over quality kinda person when it comes to frozen pizza. I'll go to the local grocery store and will get those Tostitos Party Pizzas because they're $1/pizza and they'll usually fill me up.

If I want good pizza I'll go to Bronx, Tim's or FunHouse around town here in KC and sit down at the restaurant and eat it fresh.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:46 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
It's funny. I was on some Percocet when I had it this last time.
Fuck, I think I have some Perc 10s stashed back from when I totaled the Escape and broke my ribs in July.

Thanks for the reminder - sweet release, if only for a few hours.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:57 PM 11-18-2018
Was alright. Crust was like a pie crust to me.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:00 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Was alright. Crust was like a pie crust to me.
I bought one once and thought the same thing. It wasn't bad, but if I'm gonna spend $7 or $8 on a frozen pizza I'll just buy Screamin Sicilian or Lotza Mozza brand like mentioned above.

I'm always on the Red Baron specials though, load up the deep freeze when I see those fuckers 4/$10.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:02 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I bought one once and thought the same thing. It wasn't bad, but if I'm gonna spend $7 or $8 on a frozen pizza I'll just buy Screamin Sicilian or Lotza Mozza brand like mentioned above.

I'm always on the Red Baron specials though, load up the deep freeze when I see those fuckers 4/$10.
Are this Screamin' Sicilians any good?

I've recently seen some Detroit style pizza popping up in the stores lately.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:09 PM 11-18-2018

Yeah, they have a good crust with lots of cheese and pretty solid toppings. Not a huge selection that I've seen, but they do pretty well for a frozen pizza.

I'm not completely sure what Detroit style is though, but have heard the term enough I probably should.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:20 PM 11-18-2018
Yeah, they have a good crust with lots of cheese and pretty solid toppings. Not a huge selection that I've seen, but they do pretty well for a frozen pizza.

I'm not completely sure what Detroit style is though, but have heard the term enough I probably should.
Lots cheese. Sauce on top. Deep dish.

Wife made Detroit style pizza.

[Reply]
KCUnited 01:27 PM 11-18-2018
Lots cheese. Sauce on top. Deep dish.
That looks good. Do you use warm or cold sauce on the top? We recently got a new Detroit style pizza place and they serve it with cold sauce on top. I was like WTF? and asked the bartender about it and he was like trust me. He was right, the cold sauce atop the hot pizza was money.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:28 PM 11-18-2018
Oh yeah, I'd smash that for sure.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:29 PM 11-18-2018
We did warm, but would try it cold. That temp variation really works.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:29 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That looks good. Do you use warm or cold sauce on the top? We recently got a new Detroit style pizza place and they serve it with cold sauce on top. I was like WTF? and asked the bartender about it and he was like trust me. He was right, the cold sauce atop the hot pizza was money.
So it's kinda like when you're dipping mozz sticks or cheesy bread into cold marinara in a sense?
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:37 PM 11-18-2018

They're great. They were the default frozen pizza in my house until some new brand arrived with Detroit style pizza, which I'd never heard of before.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:39 PM 11-18-2018
So it's kinda like when you're dipping mozz sticks or cheesy bread into cold marinara in a sense?
Yep, very similar. I like temp hot food, so I was leery, but really enjoyed the contrast.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:40 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yep, very similar. I like temp hot food, so I was leery, but really enjoyed the contrast.
Temp differential is part of the reason hot fudge sundaes work.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:45 PM 11-18-2018
Had a Palermos king cheese pizza recently and really liked it. Had the most cheese I've ever had for a frozen pizza.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:48 PM 11-18-2018
Temp differential is part of the reason hot fudge sundaes work.
I have a bit of a food temp phobia. Cold potato/pasta salad or pizza is a no-go for me. Watching some slow eater mop up gravy that's gone cold with a biscuit is my personal hell. I'm down with hot fudge sundaes though!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up