ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 34
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Swanman 11:08 AM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, I mean what do you expect. It's a end of days survival show with zombies. These things move 2 mph, dumb as a box of rocks, and the military base can't figure out how to contain them. Zombies, in real life, would be super easy to eradicate. Especially because the only way the illness spreads is from bites. I don't know, maybe wear armored suit of some kind that makes it impossible to get bit? You know, just a thought.

This of course, would not make good TV.

I actually enjoyed the first few episodes, I like watching the gradual downfall of society. The middle episodes were meh, but the last 3, I agree with everyone were very well done. I have no idea what to think about the black guy in the suit either, I don't know how manipulative or evil he is yet.
Read World War Z. The sheer numbers of zombies always outweighs speed.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:49 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, I mean what do you expect. It's a end of days survival show with zombies. These things move 2 mph, dumb as a box of rocks, and the military base can't figure out how to contain them. Zombies, in real life, would be super easy to eradicate. Especially because the only way the illness spreads is from bites. I don't know, maybe wear armored suit of some kind that makes it impossible to get bit? You know, just a thought.

This of course, would not make good TV.

I actually enjoyed the first few episodes, I like watching the gradual downfall of society. The middle episodes were meh, but the last 3, I agree with everyone were very well done. I have no idea what to think about the black guy in the suit either, I don't know how manipulative or evil he is yet.
Illness spreads by death. Lots of people dying all the time
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:06 AM 10-06-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I don't consider feverish and sick as painful. It took several days if I recall. Not many people would eat a bullet when they are not showing symptoms. It would be like a terminally ill cancer patient eating a bullet the day they find out. Most would not do that unless there is depression issues.

It's been a while, but Jim's portrayal of the slow decline seemed painful, IIRC.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:07 PM 10-07-2015
Another reason the World War Z movie sucked (or at the very least didn't live up to the potential) - no Yonkers rendition.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:37 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Another reason the World War Z movie sucked (or at the very least didn't live up to the potential) - no Yonkers rendition.
You other than the fact it had next to zero to do with the book World War Z?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:23 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You other than the fact it had next to zero to do with the book World War Z?
In name alone.
[Reply]
eDave 01:10 PM 10-07-2015
Bunch of armchair apocalypse survivors here.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:40 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
I am no armchair apocalypse survivor, I have read this book. I am so surviving the end of civilization.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Zombie-Sur.../dp/1400049628
[Reply]
Rausch 08:34 PM 10-08-2015
Tell that to anyone who grew up in the 80's...
[Reply]
notorious 08:38 PM 10-08-2015
I played Left 4 Dead 1 & 2.

All set.
[Reply]
notorious 02:37 PM 10-07-2015
They missed an amazing opportunity to make an awesome movie with WWZ.

The movie wasn't terrible, I just wish they didn't waste the book. They didn't use hardly anything in it.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:41 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:

The movie wasn't terrible, I just wish they didn't waste the book. They didn't use hardly anything in it.
I think the only thing they used was the Jewish state being smarter than the rest of the world.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:14 PM 10-07-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:

With as many reboots that happen, you could easily re-do it and be a lot closer to the book. As a movie, World War Z wasn't too bad. It was just awful compared to the book.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:17 AM 10-08-2015
I liked WWZ but I was unaware that it was a book. I think I'll pick it up, it sounds pretty good.
[Reply]
notorious 06:34 AM 10-08-2015
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I liked WWZ but I was unaware that it was a book. I think I'll pick it up, it sounds pretty good.
It is good, but it is different.

The story is told like it's a historical book written through interviews. It works, though.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 34
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up