ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 139 of 301
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 11:23 PM 06-17-2019
Ian Kennedy really sucks.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:29 PM 06-17-2019
Did Ian just hit 96?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:49 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
https://247sports.com/college/south-...ors-132942273/

GM speak?

Would take 'crazy ask' for Royals to deal Merrifield

On Monday, Royals general manager Dayton Moore said that it would take something major for them to part with Merrifield.

One of the few times I don’t think it is.

I’ve been saying for a long time that the sticker price for Merrifield would have to be something like what the Nationals gave up for Adam Eaton, and Merrifield is a more consistent, less injury-prone player controlled even more cheaply.

Teams don’t really seem interested in paying those types of prices anymore.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:57 AM 06-18-2019
Guys, I know it looks bleak right now, but we are only 15 games back from a wildcard spot. If we can cut that to 14 before the ASB, we got a shot.....
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:45 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
One of the few times I don’t think it is.

I’ve been saying for a long time that the sticker price for Merrifield would have to be something like what the Nationals gave up for Adam Eaton, and Merrifield is a more consistent, less injury-prone player controlled even more cheaply.

Teams don’t really seem interested in paying those types of prices anymore.
Well,the true fans will get their wish and will get to watch their favorite Whit play on 100+ loss teams for the foreseeable future. I wonder how many consecutive losing seasons is the breaking point for Moore's job.
[Reply]
tk13 07:48 AM 06-18-2019
I don't think you're alone in that thought but I don't understand why people would want to give up control of Whit for a middling package with maybe one top 100 prospect.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:51 AM 06-18-2019
I don't think you should trade dudes for nothing but I will say, Dayton Moore has been pretty awful at his job for awhile now and basically everyone thinks he wants Matheny to replace Yost...

That's fireable to me.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:56 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't think you're alone in that thought but I don't understand why people would want to give up control of Whit for a middling package with maybe one top 100 prospect.
I absolutely don't want to trade him for nothing or some middling package. I also think you eventually have to take what the market dictates, and the longer we hold on to Whit the bigger the risk that he gets injured or simply declines with age. Not going to get all bent out of shape about it like I did last year. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:19 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Well,the true fans will get their wish and will get to watch their favorite Whit play on 100+ loss teams for the foreseeable future. I wonder how many consecutive losing seasons is the breaking point for Moore's job.

Don’t think true fans have anything to do with it.

He’s an excellent player, controlled cheaply for a long time. That absolutely should be held for a monster package.

If they don’t get it, hold him and hope you’re able to compete in 21 and 22. He may not be the same player then he is now, but he’ll still be cheap and likely above-average.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:28 AM 06-18-2019

Chris Lubanski is an Ivy League graduate with a decorated resume, a finance career and a young family. He's also a former top-five pick who never played in the major leagues. "I was a bust pick, you know?" he says. A story on what it really means to fail: https://t.co/nfWcwh71PS

— Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd) June 18, 2019

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:31 AM 06-18-2019
If I recall, Whit is on the Gordo "take care of your body" routine, now. If that remains the same and his tools age a-la Zobrist...there's nothing that says he's heading towards decline before this contract is over. He's a smart player and had to work harder for what he's got than those of greater talent. Don't expect him to just let himself decline in his early 30's when many players still thrive.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:51 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
If I recall, Whit is on the Gordo "take care of your body" routine, now. If that remains the same and his tools age a-la Zobrist...there's nothing that says he's heading towards decline before this contract is over. He's a smart player and had to work harder for what he's got than those of greater talent. Don't expect him to just let himself decline in his early 30's when many players still thrive.

Two things in his favor for aging well:

He’s a contact-oriented hitter, and his approach has shown improvement as he has gained experience in the majors.

I think he’ll be a little less affected by the aging effect than the average guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:17 AM 06-18-2019
The only thing not in favor is Dayton Moores recent decision making says whatever he does the right call was to do the other.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:26 AM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

His minor league numbers would be just about the best in our system right now. Look up Lubanski's numbers. He wasn't that bad. Not quite sure what happened.

Third year in and at A ball he hit 28 HR, .301 avg. .903 OPS.

His last real year in AAA he hit 17 HR, hit .293, .899 OPS. He would have only been 25 years old.

Did he just give up?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:30 AM 06-18-2019
He played 2 years after that, the Royals likely didn't see him as a real prospect, he wasn't drafted by Moore either. If you go back and realize they were playing dudes like Rick Ankiel, that's all you need to know, he was 25 and the Royals didn't like him.

In reality his story isn't all that different than Starlings other than Starling was drafted by them so he probably still gets a shot.
[Reply]
Page 139 of 301
« First < 3989129135136137138139 140141142143149189239 > Last »
Up