ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 72
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:28 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It won’t be easy. I don’t think I’ve ever even criticized Mahomes at all on this forum apart from some individual bad decisions during a game. He’s essentially my “LeBron” of the NFL (a reference anyone here should understand if they have frequented an NBA thread here over the past two decades).
Except for when you said what you said, you didn't say what you said and even if you said what you said you didn't mean what you said...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:29 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Except for when you said what you said, you didn't say what you said and even if you said what you said you didn't mean what you said...
Clownery.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:31 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I was saying searching for posts is easy so he couldn't invoke that excuse.

I know you wouldn't trash Mahomes.
Oh I know. It wouldn’t be difficult if such posts actually existed. Sadly for him, they do not.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:37 PM 11-14-2021
Oh I know. It wouldn’t be difficult if such posts actually existed. Sadly for him, they do not.
It's just baffling to me that Mahomes had the unheard of body of work that he had in his first three seasons and Pete and DTVietnam had the doubts that they had about him and doubled down. Both of whom I think are great posters, I just don't know why there has to be a line in the sand or doubling down about things said in the heat of the moment.

Hell, I think we've all made some doozy posts on Gamedays (my target on gamedays is Andy Reid -- and you can find plenty of awful takes I made about Andy and Tyreek over the years). It's okay to have overreactions in moments like that, I just don't understand the doubling down aspect of things.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:41 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It's just baffling to me that Mahomes had the unheard of body of work that he had in his first three seasons and Pete and DTVietnam had the doubts that they had about him and doubled down. Both of whom I think are great posters, I just don't know why there has to be a line in the sand or doubling down about things said in the heat of the moment.

Hell, I think we've all made some doozy posts on Gamedays (my target on gamedays is Andy Reid -- and you can find plenty of awful takes I made about Andy and Tyreek over the years). It's okay to have overreactions in moments like that, I just don't understand the doubling down aspect of things.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:45 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I come here for the discussion. They create a lot of it. We had some lean times where this place was a ghost town on Sundays in the Pioli years and they keep this place churning now.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 11:47 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Played really well. Started with the short stuff and just drove methodically scoring and eating clock. Then when the Faid began to panic and started blitzing O opened up for the long ball.

This is the way.
And this is what the Chiefs were able to do last year.

When we are not turning over the football, the Chiefs are GOOD at moving the ball down the field methodically.

Turns out fast guys are good at more than just running verticals.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:51 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

I don’t know the answer. I thought Pete was trolling but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

I personally found the Mahomes criticism absolutely bizarre myself around this forum considering what he’s accomplished. The numbers weren’t there for a few weeks for the first time in his career, but he was always going to be fine. There was never any real reason to doubt that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:52 PM 11-14-2021
What's funny is you and King and others saying the things you have said up to this point then suddenly acting like you've never said any of it.

You're fake as ****.....I said what I said and the stats supported what I said. You said what you said and now want to pretend you didn't. Suck my cock with your fake bullshit.
He had a couple bad games. Big fucking whoop. Most people acknowledged it. What we DIDN'T do, however, was consider that Mahomes could just be a flash in the pan QB.

How many bad games did Manning have in the first 4 years of his career? How about fucking Brady? He had a million bad games. Still does. Just look at today.

You know what it is? You're a kneejerk pussy. If the stats support what you said, then the stats support questioning the starter value of every QB in NFL history
[Reply]
petegz28 11:53 PM 11-14-2021
I have since said my statement was over the top but I wouldn't want any of these stand up, know it all, football geniuses to acknowledge such...

Anyhow...
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He had a couple bad games. Big ****ing whoop. Most people acknowledged it. What we DIDN'T do, however, was consider that Mahomes could just be a flash in the pan QB.

How many bad games did Manning have in the first 4 years of his career? How about ****ing Brady? He had a million bad games. Still does. Just look at today.

You know what it is? You're a kneejerk pussy. If the stats support what you said, then the stats support questioning the starter value of every QB in NFL history
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:54 PM 11-14-2021
The numbers weren’t there for a few weeks for the first time in his career, but he was always going to be fine.

There was never any real reason to doubt that.
This happened before. It's a lie that he never had a slump.

A big difference right now is he snapped out of this slump in a way he never did in 2019, not really until the Texans game.

We're going places.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:56 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He had a couple bad games. Big ****ing whoop. Most people acknowledged it. What we DIDN'T do, however, was consider that Mahomes could just be a flash in the pan QB.

How many bad games did Manning have in the first 4 years of his career? How about ****ing Brady? He had a million bad games. Still does. Just look at today.

That’s another thing. Tom Brady has shit games like today all the time. Has for literal decades now. He doesn’t get raked over the coals for it when he does (usually because his team is still good enough to get the win in those situations). I’m still not sure why Mahomes was getting attacked like he was the past few weeks after wins (both here and in the national media). Do some just really want to see him fail?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:59 PM 11-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This happened before. It's a lie that he never had a slump.

A big difference right now is he snapped out of this slump in a way he never did in 2019, not really until the Texans game.

We're going places.
That’s fair but I would say the past 3 was definitely his worst slump. It does happen to the best of them, though, and I never saw it as a reason to worry in the long term.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:02 AM 11-15-2021
Mahomes appeared to be more focused on taking the dumpoff passes early. Then he started chucking it late. He still missed several open deep receivers today.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:26 AM 11-15-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 59 of 72
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up