Will Smith-Deadshot
Jai Courtney-Boomerang

Rick Roven-producer

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...-suicide-squad

This looks very promising
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:05 AM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Overall Marvel is stronger, but DC has put out the best 2 superhero movies of all time.
Yep, and Marvel did a masterful job of road mapping a MCU franchise. DC seems to be slapping together the Batman, Supes, WW, etc franchises in an attempt to make a copy "DCU franchise" and because they are treating each character as a franchise in and of itself, it’s disjointed because MCU works with a coordinated narrative regardless of what stand alone property they are working with.

DCs franchises have always operated in a vacuum, and they really haven't figured out how to meld them and crossover on screen. Gotham is Gotham, Metropolis is Metropolis, and never the two shall meet has been how DC and WB have always treated those properties in film.

The JL always sort of operated as a coexisting alternative scenario; playing with the idea of "what if all these guys teamed up", and there was never really much cohesion with their solo storyline narratives.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:16 AM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Who cares? You keep referencing it as if either are gospel.
I've done no such thing. I made a simple point, and people like you decided to jump on it with really stupid responses.

Back to the previous point about Marvel and DC being treated differently.

A list of stories from a very popular website.
Why are there stories being put out to assure people about the critics reviews?

The audience clearly disagrees with the critics even if the movie is just "ok", it certainly is not 26% worthy bad.

I'll say it again, Marvel gets treated with kid gloves, and conversely DC catches a lot more scrutiny.
Look at your own arguments about quality, instead of hunting for conspiracies. You say that the Marvel movies are consistently good, then you insist that Marvel's getting a tongue bath, despite several of their movies getting very low end 'good' results.

And, seriously, looking at audience score, especially in the first week of a hyped fan boy movie? You know better than that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:29 AM 08-07-2016
Marvel, and Disney, have their shit together because, in chief, they've wisely laid out a road map, and been given near autonomy.
But let's not forgot that it took Marvel nearly a decade to even get rolling. The Hulk movies were awful. X-Men (Fox) and Spider-Man 1&2 (Sony) were far better than anything produced by Marvel until Iron Man, which IMO, doesn't hold up well.

Both Thor films, IM 2&3 and the first Captain America don't hold up well at all, IMO.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:48 AM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But let's not forgot that it took Marvel nearly a decade to even get rolling. The Hulk movies were awful. X-Men (Fox) and Spider-Man 1&2 (Sony) were far better than anything produced by Marvel until Iron Man, which IMO, doesn't hold up well.

Both Thor films, IM 2&3 and the first Captain America don't hold up well at all, IMO.
I think people forget how Spider-Man 1 and 2 were due to how shitty 3 was.

Spider-Man 2 was fantastic.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:14 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Spider-Man 2 was fantastic.

Truth here.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:17 PM 08-07-2016
Just saw SS today. Good movie, not great, but good. Leto's Joker reminds me of a more psychotic version from Batman The Animated Series.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:43 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Just saw SS today. Good movie, not great, but good. Leto's Joker reminds me of a more psychotic version from Batman The Animated Series.
Agree with this...plot was light...editing got right into the movie fast. I really enjoyed the squad themselves though. Not enough Joker to form a major opinion. I think there is a future for this team...but needs a better plot/villain. I'll see it again...it was fun. 8/10 for me

Music was fantastic...also there is a cool mid movie scene and after credit scene.
[Reply]
-King- 06:03 PM 08-07-2016
It's hilarious Leto did so much method acting and stupid shit for 20 minutes of screen time.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
listopencil 06:35 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's hilarious Leto did so much method acting and stupid shit for 20 minutes of screen time.
Posted via Mobile Device
He's working on the big Legion Of Doom tentpole for 2018.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:42 PM 08-07-2016
Oh shit, I was just joking about that, but I was looking for something on the internet and I found a leaked trailer for the DC group-up movie. I'll put it in spoiler tags. I don't know how long it's going to be up:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:03 PM 08-07-2016
https://youtu.be/26vgMGS3INA

I def agree with Angry Joe...he didn't care much for bvs previously but liked Suicide Squad.

Jeremy Jahns also liked it which was unexpected
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:06 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
He's working on the big Legion Of Doom tentpole for 2018.
I'm hoping we see him more in the Batman stand alone...
[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 AM 08-08-2016
It was good, not great. Felt "disjointed" to me, way too clunky in some sense. Loved the visuals, loved Harley and Deadshot, and I thought Amanda Waller was spot on of her portrayal from the animated series.

Again, I get the feeling that DC is trying way too hard to catch Marvel. The soundtrack alone, although good, just felt like they were trying to steal from GotG's success.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:11 PM 08-08-2016
Confirmed what we already pretty much already knew.

‘Suicide Squad’ Star Jared Leto Says There’s Enough Cut Joker Footage for Standalone Movie

http://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squad...e-warner-bros/
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:23 PM 08-08-2016
Confirmed what we already pretty much already knew.

‘Suicide Squad’ Star Jared Leto Says There’s Enough Cut Joker Footage for Standalone Movie

http://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squad...e-warner-bros/
Geoff Johns wasn't involved I'm hoping WW is the first to get that critical acclaim...I feel like they need to have an extended cut or add these as deleted scenes.

DC really needs a good reviewed film...I'm hoping SS still gets the $$$ cause it was good, even if the plot could've been better.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up