ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 485 of 791
« First < 385435475481482483484485 486487488489495535585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:41 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
PFF rates him as the #1 available free agent CB, even with his injury history.
When HEALTHY he is All-Pro caliber
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:41 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Man if those medicals check out, I'd be damn happy to see that.

Y'all remember Marcus Peters rookie year? Remember how he kept making picks and these huge game-changing plays and then you'd see some power ranking of rookie CBs and he'd be #2 and everyone would get all pissed off?

#1 was Ronald Darby. Every time. Because a healthy Darby is !@#$ing excellent in coverage. Everybody that got pissed at Peters for freelancing but not maintaining baseline coverage responsibility should want to see Darby in here because he's the flipside of the Marcus Peters coin.

He is steady as the sunrise, dependable and smart. He's not gonna get out of his lane and he's not gonna do anything that breaks down the defense around him. He won't make as many splash plays, but he'll be where you want him to be, when you want him to be there.

The only question with Darby is his health. If he's a brokedick, I'm gonna pass. But if the Chiefs think his recovery is progressing well (and because they have 2 guys that I think can start already, as well as the draft capital to layer them), he'd be an ideal pickup.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:43 PM 03-13-2019
I’d like a nice 1-3 year deal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:43 PM 03-13-2019
Hot garbage is strong, but he wasn't as good for sure.

But the Chiefs missed the 2017 version of Peters for sure as well.
Once he unfucked himself, he played really well in the 2nd half for them.

By then people were already throwing dirt on him, but Peters got his head screwed back on and played extremely well down the stretch.

The Chiefs absolutely missed Peters in a big way last year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:43 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Man if those medicals check out, I'd be damn happy to see that.

Y'all remember Marcus Peters rookie year? Remember how he kept making picks and these huge game-changing plays and then you'd see some power ranking of rookie CBs and he'd be #2 and everyone would get all pissed off?

#1 was Ronald Darby. Every time. Because a healthy Darby is !@#$ing excellent in coverage. Everybody that got pissed at Peters for freelancing but not maintaining baseline coverage responsibility should want to see Darby in here because he's the flipside of the Marcus Peters coin.

He is steady as the sunrise, dependable and smart. He's not gonna get out of his lane and he's not gonna do anything that breaks down the defense around him. He won't make as many splash plays, but he'll be where you want him to be, when you want him to be there.

The only question with Darby is his health. If he's a brokedick, I'm gonna pass. But if the Chiefs think his recovery is progressing well (and because they have 2 guys that I think can start already, as well as the draft capital to layer them), he'd be an ideal pickup.
Yeah, I kinda get a little bit of young Stephon Gilmore vibe there.

Just scary health history.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 03:44 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Insert: 3 people saying “I’m cumming”

Insert: 3 people saying “He’s shit”

Insert: 3 people saying we’ve overpaid (before we sign him)

Insert: 3 people saying we never should’ve gotten rid of Marcus Peters
Well played. :-)
[Reply]
mcaj22 03:45 PM 03-13-2019
Darby hasn't played a full season in over two years there's certainly some risk if they overpay.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:45 PM 03-13-2019
He’s the best corner on the market (was at start of FA too) and probably better than anyone you can realistically trade for.
[Reply]
O.city 03:45 PM 03-13-2019
Thing with him and the injury history though is there is a chance to buy some value. If you can get a lesser deal for that then he stays healthy, boom. You're paying 8 mil per for a 12 mil per plus type guy.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:45 PM 03-13-2019
Hit fits Spaq CB profile too
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:46 PM 03-13-2019
Thing with him and the injury history though is there is a chance to buy some value. If you can get a lesser deal for that then he stays healthy, boom. You're paying 8 mil per for a 12 mil per plus type guy.
I go prove it deal if they can.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:46 PM 03-13-2019

NO NO NO FUCK NO FUCK THAT BULLSHIT NOPE NOPE NOPE
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:46 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I go prove it deal if they can.
1-2 Year deal incentive laden is what I'm hoping for.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:47 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d like a nice 1-3 year deal.
Darby's in an interesting spot.

1 healthy year and he may be able to cash in at $15 million/per for 3-4 years like Kyle Fuller.

1 more serious injury and he's a brokedick who's chasing scraps every off-season hoping for a backup role.

So...what do you do if you're him? Do you prefer the 1 year 'make good' deal? Bear in mind that Darby was a 2nd round pick with career earnings to this point of less than $3 million.

Or do you take a 3-4 year deal at a fairly significant discount, still lock yourself in to probably $10-$12 million in guarantees and know that you've set yourself for life, but maybe not as well as you could have.

I'll be honest, if I'm Darby and know that the functional lifespan of an NFL CB is through 30 yrs old if you're LUCKY and less when you're injury prone, I'm not sure I'm willing to take that gamble. I think I'm pretty happy with my deal that gets me to $15+ million in lifetime earnings, I buy my vacation home on a beach somewhere and hope that I still have enough left in the tank 4 years down the road when I enter the FA market at 29 years old to get another solid payday.

I lock in my life-altering money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:48 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
NO NO NO FUCK NO FUCK THAT BULLSHIT NOPE NOPE NOPE
You seem to think Darby's just shitty. Why?

He went to FSU - Gator fan?

I just can't see how anyone can be adamantly opposed to the guy. I can see how some wouldn't want to risk the injury history, but you dislike him as much as I dislike Berry.

That seems...strong.
[Reply]
Page 485 of 791
« First < 385435475481482483484485 486487488489495535585 > Last »
Up