ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
BossChief 10:54 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, we'll have the exact discussion about being aggressive, but we won't have the capital to use because of the expenditure we used in 2018
Lol

Yeah lots of people are bitching about having Mahomes and Hunt because we traded up last year...it’s put us is such a bad spot.

We should have stayed out of the draft day trade market, traded down and taken Reuben Foster and then CJ Beatherd in the third.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 AM 04-23-2018
Mahomes contract won’t make a difference at all if this team continues drafting like it has.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:57 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Lol

Yeah lots of people are bitching about having Mahomes and Hunt because we traded up last year...it’s put us is such a bad spot.

We should have stayed out of the draft day trade market, traded down and taken Reuben Foster and then CJ Beatherd in the third.
Dude SSDD, next season as always.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 04-23-2018
with a 1st at our disposal we could angle for a top 10 pick again.

Chris Jones is in that 2nd round elite category and was projected as a top 10 pick if stayed for another year
We will still have a first?

Are you stating they're gonna use next years first to trade up this year?
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 04-23-2018
you asked
And it's still stupid.

It's basic statistics.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:00 AM 04-23-2018
I am all for Veach being agressive in this upcoming draft. I just would not like if he traded next year's first but other than that, just do what's needed to grab good players who will contribute early.

I feel like this defense is underrated going into next year. You draft a top CB and a DL and safety who can be decent next year and I think this defense could be a top 10 unit.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:04 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

go for a Passrusher next season.
[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 04-23-2018
Ok, they can, but they can use their first rounder on it.

Do you think they will trade next years first to move up this year?
[Reply]
Shag 11:05 AM 04-23-2018
Which passrusher? At what spot in the draft will he be available?

KC should end up picking in the back third of the first round next season, if things go at all as people expect. Let's pick 22 as a conservative estimate. To get to 10, you give up your 1, 2, and 3. No truly elite passrusher is going to last until 10, so who exactly are you drafting?
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:06 AM 04-23-2018
Ok, they can, but they can use their first rounder on it.

Do you think they will trade next years first to move up this year?
You just don't trade a future 1st round pick for anything else than a QB prospect IMO.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:12 AM 04-23-2018

Which, literally, nobody is advocating to do.

I’d have no problem moving both of next years 2s, though if it allows us to add impact guys to the 2018 roster.

This team could possibly add Josh Jackson, Isiah Oliver, Deshon Elliot/Nwusu...and then have 3 4ths and 3 late rounders to fill other spots with at C/G/DL.

That would help the defense immensely in trying to stop opposing passing attacks which is exactly what the 2018 (and beyond) Chiefs are going to need to win big games.

Think about the playoffs.

If we don’t field 3-4 GOOD CBs, teams like Houston, NE, Pittsburgh and LA are going to be impossible to stop unless we take the opportunity to make this a championship level secondary.

I’m not interested in another 2001-2005 Chiefs run.

I want a title.

I want Lamar Hunts trophy in the case at Arrowhead.

I was a SuperBowl trophy in that case.
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
You just don't trade a future 1st round pick for anything else than a QB prospect IMO.
For sure. And the Chiefs aren't going to.

Which is why I'm not sure what Tribal is talking about.

They'll have a first rounder and a second rounder in next years draft for sure. They make trade the Rams 2nd.I dunno.

But they'll obviously have some picks in round 1 and 2 next year.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:13 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I always HATE this mindset. **** trading down to get a bunch of meh players.

Go get impact guys.

If you want meh players, you can always get those for close to league minimum in FA.

You know what you can’t get in FA?

Cost controlled impact players that are 21-22 years old.
Hill, Kelcee, Hunt, Houston, and Doc Tardiff were all taken after the 2nd round.

The problem isn't the round it's the talent evaluation...

Edit: Houston was a 2nd round pick...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:16 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
Which passrusher? At what spot in the draft will he be available?

KC should end up picking in the back third of the first round next season, if things go at all as people expect. Let's pick 22 as a conservative estimate. To get to 10, you give up your 1, 2, and 3. No truly elite passrusher is going to last until 10, so who exactly are you drafting?
Rashan Gary the kid is in the Justin Houston mold, a top 10 to 15 pick due to his raw athletic ability.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:17 AM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Hill, Kelcee, Hunt, Houston, and Doc Tardiff were all taken after the 2nd round.

The problem isn't the round it's the talent evaluation...
I think I might be getting misunderstood here.

I’m not interested in trading a bunch of picks this year to move up.

I’m interested in moving the Peters pick to move up as well as the other 2 or 3 from next year to do so because of the value we would be getting for those picks this year as opposed to next.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up