ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Credit to Spags and the secondary
cdcox 12:51 AM 01-26-2021
Josh Allen was the best QB in the NFL against the blitz this season. I heard on PFT that we blitzed something like 19 times and Buffalo averaged 4.6 yards per play on those blitzes. It seems like the CB and S blitzes were really effective, with Sneed, Mathieu, and Sorensen all getting effective pressure.

And then there is the man coverage that just left no targets all night for Allen. I don’t think you can ever have too many weapons in the passing game or too many defensive backs. We are really deep. Breeland, Fenton, Ward, Matthieu, Sorensen, Sneed, Thornton. That is 7 solid defenders not including Baker. Having so much depth allows us to call the CB and S blitzes, because there is so much cover talent on the field at one time. Having DB that will play tough against the run (Mathieu, Sorensen, Ward and Sneed come to mind) allows us to have acceptable run defense even with Nickel and Dime packages.

Great talent assembled by Veach, great game plan from Spags, and great execution by the whole defense. Hopefully the trend continues against the Bucs. They have some good weapons, no doubt. But I think there are some picks to be had from the fading reality of the QB formerly known as GOAT.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:02 AM 01-26-2021
I love Sneed blitzing. He missed once last night when he was faked up into the air but that’s the exception. Love the defensive movement.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:03 AM 01-26-2021
As I said multiple times Veach is scouting like Dorsey and weighing metrics more due to select players because of the Breeland Speaks bust.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:04 AM 01-26-2021
It's crazy to me how damn good our secondary is considering how shit they were in the AFCCG against the Pats.
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:10 AM 01-26-2021
Question, was Sorensen pretty much playing LB when we ran our nickel package?

At that point, does it become a dime package? I feel like there were a bunch of times I saw him lined up next to Hitchens.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:12 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's crazy to me how damn good our secondary is considering how shit they were in the AFCCG against the Pats.
We have Breeland, Ward, Fenton and Sneed. That is the best group of CB in the game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:12 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
Question, was Sorensen pretty much playing LB when we ran our nickel package?

At that point, does it become a dime package? I feel like there were a bunch of times I saw him lined up next to Hitchens.
Yep. Wilson only played like 14 snaps. We gotta re sign Dirty Dan. He straight up stopped that third and goal
[Reply]
Pushead2 01:16 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yep. Wilson only played like 14 snaps. We gotta re sign Dirty Dan. He straight up stopped that third and goal
I think with the lack of the Bills' rushing attack, they figured it was was the right move.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:22 AM 01-26-2021
Dirty Dan is getting a reputation around the league and I love it. People say he's dirty. Well yeah he's dirty Dan.

But what they really mean is they hate him making super important game-saving plays in huge games at huge moments.

I feel like I have had similar hatred towards players on Denver or Pittsburgh because they knocked my team out and then I'd say how much I hated that player and then someone would ask well would you want, let's say, Bill Romanowski on your team? Or James Harrison?

Hell yeah I would.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:35 AM 01-26-2021
Thornhill coming back to Rookie form is a huge development as well. Letting him stay back and roam the center field role allows for so much flexibility for the rest of the secondary. If Sneed can return in time I don’t see why the defense can’t have its absolute best performance coming up in the biggest game.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:38 AM 01-26-2021
I still can't believe Sneed and Fenton are good. For years the Chiefs would take fliers on secondary players in the later rounds and end up with jags that never do shit and now it's actually panning out.

I for sure thought Fenton was the weak link in the draft. He buried Buffalo yesterday with that interception.
[Reply]
threebag 01:40 AM 01-26-2021
How buried is Armani Watts? Or is he injured again?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:41 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
How buried is Armani Watts? Or is he injured again?
He was out with a concussion towards end of game
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:41 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I still can't believe Sneed and Felton are good. For years the Chiefs would take fliers on secondary players in the later rounds and end up with jags that never do shit and now it's actually panning out.

I for sure thought Felton was the weak link in the draft. He buried Buffalo yesterday with that interception.
Fenton was rock solid last year as well!! He’s a starting CB on any team. So happy we have him
[Reply]
RocKhawks 01:48 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We have Breeland, Ward, Fenton and Sneed. That is the best group of CB in the game.
This, but Grandpa Bob was the main reason they sucked. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up