ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady's last two SB appearances decided by game ending penalties.
BlackOp 10:27 PM 01-25-2021
The master of officiating bailouts has creeped out from under his bridge again...

Brady's last two SB appearance have been decided by game ending penalties...

KC was heading to the SB after an INT...game over. Nope, a ticky-tack, inconsequential penalty was called at the perfect, critical moment.

Yesterday, TB's defensive back grabbed the WRs jersey and tugged him back...which provided the chance to intercept it. No call...this set up Brady's last second TD before halftime.

Fast-forward to the game deciding play...Packers CB tugs the WRs jersey..something they have been ignoring all game...magically, a flag comes out this time. Game over.

Two calls...one ignored both benefiting "terrific" Tom....

Clete Blakeman strikes again...

You KNOW Brady is going to get some kind of horseshit, bail-out call in the SB...His career is predicated on it.
[Reply]
joethomas 08:44 AM 01-26-2021
People who watched the game on TV seem to whine about the Ford offside more than people who were in the stadium, because the flag was thrown at the snap. It was obvious to people who were there that it was a free play for New England. They did not just throw a flag after they saw the pass was intercepted to bail the patriots out. That's ridiculous. (Maybe just don't line up a mile offside in a critical situation?)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:45 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
How can someone characterize the Ford offside penalty as "game ending"? It happened in regulation in a game that went to overtime, and the Chiefs had another possession after that before overtime even began. It's completely false, to say nothing of the fact that Ford was undeniably guilty of being offside. Just like the Green bay defender undeniably committed the penalty for which he was flagged.
I think the line of thinking is that if Ford hadn't jumped offsides then the game would have ended with the Chiefs ahead. There wasn't a lot of time left.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:46 AM 01-26-2021
People who watched the game on TV seem to whine about the Ford offside more than people who were in the stadium, because the flag was thrown at the snap. It was obvious to people who were there that it was a free play for New England. They did not just throw a flag after they saw the pass was intercepted to bail the patriots out. That's ridiculous. (Maybe just don't line up a mile offside in a critical situation?)
I was there and I experienced jubilation and then horror, all within a minute or so. I didn't see the flag at first.
[Reply]
morphius 08:46 AM 01-26-2021
How can someone characterize the Ford offside penalty as "game ending"? It happened in regulation in a game that went to overtime, and the Chiefs had another possession after that before overtime even began. It's completely false, to say nothing of the fact that Ford was undeniably guilty of being offside. Just like the Green bay defender undeniably committed the penalty for which he was flagged.
Because if he isn't offsides we can run out the clock pretty easily, if I remember correctly. Not even sure we needed a first down. So basically, game over.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:46 AM 01-26-2021
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW https://brobible.com/sports/article/...-brady-occult/
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:51 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yeah..because they always call petty NZIs in AFCCG games..in the final minutes. Its common knowledge that they alert the HC prior to calling it...thats how little they think of it.

Not with Clete's crew patrolling...it just happened to coincide with Brady throwing the game away. The real intention was to make it as easy as possible for him in the final minutes...just like the "roughing" call on Jones.

They were micro-managing KC on that drive...looking to manufacture anything to get TB in the SB.

You're acting like this was a one-off situation..this dude has it happen every season. It happened in the Jaguars AFCCG, the Chiefs AFCCG...and to a lesser extent this year...and Clete Blakeman ran the crew each time.

The Hogan 3rd down catch is what truly cost KC the game...the replay clearly showed him trapping it...and of course they let it ride.

Every break goes that guys way..and has for years. Remember the holding call that sent the Falcons out of FG range in the final minutes...

The NFL is notorious for sending their HOF players out with a ring...

You really want to dig deeper..The Packers coaching pulled some suspect shit. The DC called an all out blitz with single man on the final play before half...NOBODY does that. You drop everyone back because time will expire. A high-risk sack play is pointless. It was the same exact situation/call that just got Williams fired from the Jets....then they kick a FG down 8 with 2 minutes left. They had all their timeouts...the worst case scenario is the Bucs get the ball inside their own 10...nothing changes. It was ridiculous...they have the league MVP, future HOF QB..and they dont let him try to tie it in a NFCCG?
Which is it? The refs or opposing coaches?

I thought the NFL wanted the Raiders in the Super Bowl?

Go back to the DC, you fucking idiot.
[Reply]
joethomas 09:01 AM 01-26-2021
But Ford's penalty didn't end the game which is the point of this topic. We could have stopped them on the same drive instead of allowing a TD, or we could have stopped them in overtime. 6 more minutes of game time were played. To say it was a game ending penalty is false.

Even this weekend, Green Bay had already done the thing that basically sealed their fate, they took the field goal and put the ball back in the Bucs hands. But even after the (correct) PI penalty, they self-inflicted the 12 men on the field penalty to give the Bucs a 1st and 5 and then gave up a a first down which actually ended the game. So it isn't true to call either penalty "game ending".

This is all just stacking the deck.
[Reply]
007 09:17 AM 01-26-2021
We have a Mahomes.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:23 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
To be honest, the refereeing is really the main thing I'm worried about in this SB. Brady winning another SB would be like a 2019 Tiger Woods Masters moment for the league at his age and they'd love to make it happen.

Outside of the refereeing effect, the Chiefs are undeniably the superior team with Mahomes playing as he is. We just have to hope the refs will simply let them be (or that Mahomes will be so good it doesn't matter).
THE FACT THAT THEY FLAGGED BRADY TO ANOTHER SUPER BOWL, THIS TIME FOR HIS FIRST YEAR IN TAMPA, AS THE "ONLY TEAM TO PLAY A SUPER BOWL IN THEIR HOME STADIUM", SHOULD BE ALARMING ENOUGH.

I remember when people on this board said I was a 'tin-foil hat conspiracy theory nut' when I suggested that the refs wore earpieces that they listened to directions from the NFL front office on...and now it's pretty much in the open...

But they would never manipulate the onfield product. Especially not to benefit "The Great One".

I think it's kind of gross and hope that my Favorite Sportsball Team who Play Professional Football in the NFL, the Kansas City Chiefs, will stomp a veritable mudhole in Tom Brady's privileged Northern California cleft-chin having TB12 steroid-shooting ass in 2 weeks when they have Most Super of Bowls...it's so super, they call it THE Super Bowl. And my Chiefs of Kansas City shall prevail in their sportsballing and win the most Super of all Bowls...
[Reply]
wazu 09:27 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW https://brobible.com/sports/article/...-brady-occult/
Poor LJ. When he was in KC I just thought he was a weirdo, but it's looking more and more like he has underlying mental health concerns.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:42 AM 01-26-2021
But Ford's penalty didn't end the game which is the point of this topic. We could have stopped them on the same drive instead of allowing a TD, or we could have stopped them in overtime. 6 more minutes of game time were played. To say it was a game ending penalty is false.

Even this weekend, Green Bay had already done the thing that basically sealed their fate, they took the field goal and put the ball back in the Bucs hands. But even after the (correct) PI penalty, they self-inflicted the 12 men on the field penalty to give the Bucs a 1st and 5 and then gave up a a first down which actually ended the game. So it isn't true to call either penalty "game ending".

This is all just stacking the deck.
This is accurate.

Green Bay just melted down at the end of the game. They shit the bed.

The Dee Ford thing...look, our defense wasn't going to stop them unless they took the ball away. Our defense that year was terrible, it's why we cleaned house and got one that actually resembles a professional NFL defense.

It's like the Raiders fans who bitch about the Tuck Rule game. Well...WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP THEM IN OVERTIME!?

Sometimes, that one play happens that defines a game...but it's never ONE play that wins or loses a game.

For me, I can sum some losses up in one play :

1993 AFC Championship- helmet to helmet

Losing to Miami in Joe Montana's last game - the Marcus non-fumble.

1995 Divisional - Rich Gannon running for a first down...too late.

1997 Divisional - Greg Hill's only carry was our first play from scrimmage, right into the middle for 2 yards.

2003 Divisional - Tony G's offensive pass interference

2006 Wild Card - Larry Johnson running into Casey Weigmann's ass for -1 yard on third down.

2013 Wild Card - Andrew Luck dribbling the football into the end zone like the NFL's version of the fucking Globetrotters.

2016 Divisional - Tyreek streaking wide open downfield while Alex checks the ball down

2017 Wild Card - Okay, you got me here: is it the "forward progress" or the Revis batting Mariota's pass directly back at him so he caught his own pass for a TD? OR an Alex Smith 2nd half checkdown? Choose your own adventure.

2018 AFC Championship - Five-Five offsides. Fuck that. Shit changed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:44 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Poor LJ. When he was in KC I just thought he was a weirdo, but it's looking more and more like he has underlying mental health concerns.
He's probably telling the truth.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:45 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
No, it's Cheffers.
:-)

Cheffers was the referee for the Pittsburgh Steelers' 18-16 victory Sunday night over the Kansas City Chiefs, a game that included a controversial holding penalty on Chiefs left tackle Eric Fisher. The penalty wiped out a two-point conversion that would have tied the game at 18 with two minutes, 43 seconds remaining in the game.

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce was livid about the call after the game. Referring to Cheffers' jersey number, Kelce said: "Referee No. 51 shouldn't even be able to wear a zebra jersey ever again. He shouldn't even be able to work at f---ing Foot Locker."

On Monday, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he also disagreed with the call. Reid suggested that the block looked worse than it was because Steelers linebacker James Harrison slipped in the wet conditions while engaged with Fisher.

"There are certain things you agree with and don't agree with during games,'' Reid said. "It really doesn't matter now that we're sitting here. I don't want to be fined any money but I would tell you I was probably leaning the other way. I thought Fish did what he needed to do on that particular block to get that done, and the problem is when [Harrison] slipped it can look worse than it is.

"I know Fish is going to have a lot of eyes on him for that call, and I'm not sure I completely agree with what took place, but it did. The call was made and we live with that.'"
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:54 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I've seen you say this in multiple threads that the refs gifted Tom Brady that win over KC in the AFCCG and that is just completely ****ing stupid. Dee Ford was responsible for that.

You acting like that penalty shouldn't have been called is just another example of you pulling shit out of your ass trying to prove some stupid ass conspiracy. They call that all the time and the ref was reaching for the flag before the ball was snapped because he was standing right there watching Dee Ford lined up off sides. The flag is thrown immediately after the ball is snapped. Stop trying to take blame away from Dee Ford to support your narrative.
It happens in every game, they normally warn them, or don't call it. You see it in every game. Shoot, two Bills were so far off on one play it hid the ball from the camera and they didn't call it. They knew what they were doing, just like the phantom roughing the passer on Jones in that game...
[Reply]
straycash 10:08 AM 01-26-2021
This is the only thing that should concern us
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up