ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:54 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Mahomes had 5 incompletions last time we played the Bills. We should be fine.
And 3 or 4 were drops.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:55 PM 01-24-2021
L. Bell = Shady McCoy II? Will likely never know the whole story on either’s time in KC.

“Buffalo entered the 2014 NFL Draft holding the ninth pick. That was high enough to get a good player, but apparently not high enough to get the player the Bills wanted. Buffalo sent the No. 9 overall pick, a 2014 fourth-rounder and a 2015 first-rounder to the Browns to move up five spots. At No. 4 overall, they took Watkins out of Clemson.

That made Watkins the first receiver off the board in a draft that also included Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr., Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry. He'd never quite live up to that massive price tag.”

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...u1gi6qxws54dpt
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:59 PM 01-24-2021
I think we'll be fine with more Hardman/Pringle/Robinson.....but dang it would be nice to have all our toys today.....
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:13 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
There is no indication that Watkins injury is a torn/partially torn calf injury as it was deemed minor when he initially sustained it four weeks ago.

He practiced this week on a limited basis and if he can’t go today it just further confirms the narrative that he isn’t willing to push himself to get back on the field.
Unfortunately we have no idea what the exact injury was. Just "calf injury." Which is pretty vague, considering that there are three muscles in the calf, and a multitude of possible minor injuries.

I was just surmising that it could've been a similar type of injury to a couple I sustained a few years ago to the smallest of the three muscles, that runs between the other two right down the middle of the back of the calf. Don't remember the name of it now, but I tore the left one, which took 6 months to heal at 48 years of age, and the right one was called a "partial tear/moderate strain" by the doctor, which only took 7 weeks to heal. That was when I turned 50. The doctor also told me that it was just about the most common non-contact calf injury you could get, and dehydration coupled with working out/athletic activity was the usual cause.

And as Sammy is a young highly trained athlete, I would imagine his recovery time would be quite a bit faster than a somewhat out of shape, middle-aged man.

So again, just guessing since we don't have more info, but the odds are decent it was something like that. But if "partial tear" bothers you, we can call it a strain.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 01-24-2021
After what Clyde and Patrick have had happen they’re playing. They have heart. They want to win.

Sammy’s pussy clearly needs comforting at all times.

Get the fuck off our team you pussy assed biatch
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:30 PM 01-24-2021
Dude is just never available.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:33 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So again, just guessing since we don't have more info, but the odds are decent it was something like that. But if "partial tear" bothers you, we can call it a strain.
You can call it whatever you want... the bottom line is it was reported FOUR weeks ago that it was a "minor" injury.
[Reply]
dls6501 01:57 PM 01-24-2021
Imagine if we had a reliable $9M receiver added to Tyreek and Kelce.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:00 PM 01-24-2021
Allen Robinson would be a dream for WR2 but I'm afraid he's going to look to eek out as much money as possible on his upcoming contract ( as he should) and we don't have alot of money to go around.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:03 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Imagine if we had a reliable $9M receiver added to Tyreek and Kelce.
We will next year. I suspect the Chiefs will always have $$ for an elite receiving group that includes multiple #1 receivers until we draft another #1.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:05 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I've torn my calf and kept re-injuring it. If you can't go, you can't go.

Blaming it on Sammy not "loving the game enough" is the dumbest TrueFan bullshit I've seen in a while. Grow up
Agree with this -- but fact still remains the guy only plays 50% of the time in a good year. His body is too fragile despite his skills.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:11 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude is just never available.
Best ability is availability. If he's constantly injured then he is a liability as he takes a roster spot and a large amount of the cap that could go to someone else.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:19 PM 01-24-2021
I’d take a flyer on Antonio Brown to replace Watkins next year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:20 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Thanks, DeBerg
[Reply]
tredadda 02:22 PM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
If he wasn’t a meltdown waiting to happen that would be intriguing.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up