ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 100
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 11:24 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The problem there is playbooks get adjusted to. Daboll is the brains and creator. He has created the perfect scheme to minimize Allen's deficiencies (Reading a defense, throwing with anticipation, processing post-snap) while letting Allen's physical tools shine.

NFL teams will start countering better like KC did with messing up his pre snap reads or Tennessee with cloud coverage. Dorsey has never done it before, never called NFL plays.

It's not a guarantee. See Cleveland hiring Kitchens. Kitchens threw out the playback from Haley and used his own based on Arians. Disaster.
Allen has never had a problem reading defenses or going through progressions.

His issue was anticipation throws and accuracy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:25 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I was impressed with Allen's play down the stretch last year. I thought they had something there.

Then he shit down his leg in the worst way in that play-off game.

He's been very good this year, but I can't shake how he just collapsed.

Compare that with how Mahomes handled adversity, coming from behind in 3 straight postseason games to snatch victory.

My money's on Mahomes until shown otherwise.
Yea Allen needs to get that monkey off his back before everyone starts hanging off his balls.

That was a complete shit show last year in the playoffs.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:26 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
So you mean to say that teams can do things differently which results in different outcomes?
There wasn't really a reason from the first game that you could point and say "Buffalo could win the second."

There just wasn't. It was complete domination. Agreed?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:26 AM 01-04-2021
:-) If only CEH had actually fumbled
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:26 AM 01-04-2021
If Bills were playing the Dolphins again this week, after destroying them last week, then last weeks result would matter.

But the Bills game against the Dolphins in Week 2, has no impact on a game 13 weeks later.

And we saw that happen.

Bills-Dolphins was a 3 point game in September.

The Bills beat them by 30 points in December.

Same teams. Different results.

Teams evolve.
Ryan Fitzpatrick was the Dolphins starting QB week 2, Tua was their QB yesterday.

Other than that minor detail it was the "same team".

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:27 AM 01-04-2021

and absolutely shitting his pants in the play-off game last year.

Like melted down completely.

That's his postseason legacy until it's not.

Don't come here, where Mahomes had 3 comeback victories to win a world championship and talk that smack.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:30 AM 01-04-2021

Any NFL QB can go through a progression with enough time. The issue is at NFL speed. Allen has slow eyes compared to other NFL QBs.

It's why Daboll threw out his Patriot way playbook after Allen got injured his rookie year.

Chiefs lied to Allen presnap and it caused just enough of a delay to totally mess up your passing offense.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:35 AM 01-04-2021
The bottom line is the Bills would need to win two playoff games to even have a chance at playing the Chiefs.

Also there is the inconvenient fact that the Bills are 1-2 against AFC playoff teams... including two ugly losses to Tennessee and the Chiefs when Josh Allen looked like garbage.

When you are relying on a sweep of a crappy Faketriots team as an example of supposedly being ready to win big games then your resume is short on winning big games.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:37 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
There wasn't really a reason from the first game that you could point and say "Buffalo could win the second."

There just wasn't. It was complete domination. Agreed?
It was 23-17 with 5 minutes left.

I suppose that could be considered complete domination by some.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:39 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
He posted 20 times in 2014 when we beat them in Buffalo. Then he disappeared for 6 years.
Hmmm...interesting. I'd be curious to know how many of those posts were before, during, or after that game. :-)
[Reply]
carcosa 11:40 AM 01-04-2021
It was 23-17 with 5 minutes left.

I suppose that could be considered complete domination by some.
Did you watch the game
[Reply]
diqlix 11:43 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Any NFL QB can go through a progression with enough time. The issue is at NFL speed. Allen has slow eyes compared to other NFL QBs.

It's why Daboll threw out his Patriot way playbook after Allen got injured his rookie year.

Chiefs lied to Allen presnap and it caused just enough of a delay to totally mess up your passing offense.
That’s just not true. But you continue to say the lie as if it is.

Allen releases the ball on average in 3.0 seconds this year. Mahomes average is 2.9 seconds.

Last year is was 2.82 for Mahomes and 2.85 for Allen.

In other words, Allen is processing and throwing within ten hundredth of a second of Mahomes.

i’m taking through siri while driving so I apologize for any spelling or formatting errors.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:44 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Did you watch the game
I did.

Chiefs ran all over them and bitch slapped the defense.
[Reply]
Pushead2 11:47 AM 01-04-2021
I'll never understand why users (old and new) during the playoffs go onto other message boards and subreddits just to post.

I'll never get it. I could give two shits about your team or any other team that isn't the Chiefs - no offense.

I might be the minority, but that's just me.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:50 AM 01-04-2021
That’s just not true. But you continue to say the lie as if it is.

Allen releases the ball on average in 3.0 seconds this year. Mahomes average is 2.9 seconds.

Last year is was 2.82 for Mahomes and 2.85 for Allen.

In other words, Allen is processing and throwing within ten hundredth of a second of Mahomes.

i’m taking through siri while driving so I apologize for any spelling or formatting errors.
Throwing a ball and mental processing are two different traits. The snap to release stat doesn't measure it.

You can't measure it with stats. You have to watch the film.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 100
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up