ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 62
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
Danguardace 01:14 AM 12-01-2020
To think Mahomes had 3 shitty weather games too.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:17 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Happens all the time and it’s the main thing holding this team back from being truly dominant. Mahomes is capable of even more than they allow him to be/do. He could literally break the game if they let him.
I feel like Andy doesn't want to put stuff on tape when we have a 2 score lead. But, I have heard some great coaches, Marty and Jimmy Johnson to name a couple, say that if you execute correctly, it doesn't matter if the other team knows what play you are running.

I get why Andy would not want to give anything away, but we have the best WR (IMHO) and the best TE in the league, and the best QB in the world, with a lot of very good supporting skill players.

We should just be doing what we do, and not worrying about what other teams could glean from watching game film.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:20 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
To think Mahomes had 3 shitty weather games too.
Yeah, he only threw 26 passes in the Bills game. Not counting scrambles by Mahomes, we ran the ball 36 times that game.

[Reply]
DRM08 06:57 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes needs to average just over 300 passing yards a game to hit 5,000 again. 4 TD's a game to hit 50.

I think he can do it.
He won’t make it to 50 TD passes. That 2nd Raiders game is a good example. He led them to 5 TD drives, but only got 2 TD passes. They were able to run it for 3 TD’s. I just want to see him get to 40 TD with no more turnovers the rest of the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:27 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I feel like Andy doesn't want to put stuff on tape when we have a 2 score lead. But, I have heard some great coaches, Marty and Jimmy Johnson to name a couple, say that if you execute correctly, it doesn't matter if the other team knows what play you are running.

I get why Andy would not want to give anything away, but we have the best WR (IMHO) and the best TE in the league, and the best QB in the world, with a lot of very good supporting skill players.

We should just be doing what we do, and not worrying about what other teams could glean from watching game film.

Marty is the LAST person you should quote on the subject.

He was the master at taking his foot off the gas. How many times did we see him SAY that the prevent defense "prevents you from winning" only to employ a prevent defense and piss away a game?

As for the idea of "doing what we do" and not worrying about tape, some of those plays were the difference between winning and losing.

You're VASTLY overstating the effectiveness of this offense. They're great but they're not superhuman. Winning is ALL that matters. Period.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:28 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
He won’t make it to 50 TD passes. That 2nd Raiders game is a good example. He led them to 5 TD drives, but only got 2 TD passes. They were able to run it for 3 TD’s. I just want to see him get to 40 TD with no more turnovers the rest of the season.
He broke Marino's record.

The only other accomplishment that we need this year is a SB victory. No other stat matters.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:31 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He broke Marino's record.

The only other accomplishment that we need this year is a SB victory. No other stat matters.
I’d like him to get the MVP along the way to another ring. He’s playing at MVP level so far and hopefully can finish strong in the last 5 games to seal it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:40 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I’d like him to get the MVP along the way to another ring. He’s playing at MVP level so far and hopefully can finish strong in the last 5 games to seal it.
Honestly, I think he's got the MVP wrapped up.

It's between him and Rodgers and one of them is going to stumble along the way. Pat has literally never stumbled in any meaningful way.

I think he wins the regular season MVP by default almost.
[Reply]
Sackattack 08:01 AM 12-01-2020
PM is a rising star in the making. He is making history as a Chiefs QB, and in the history of the NFL. He is becoming one of the greats of the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:09 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Sackattack:
PM is a rising star in the making.
So, did you recently wake up from a coma?

[Reply]
DRM08 08:36 AM 12-01-2020

It's between him and Rodgers and one of them is going to stumble along the way. Pat has literally never stumbled in any meaningful way.

Rodgers probably does not have as much sentimental support from voters compared to Brees in 2018 or Wilson this year. But Aaron does have the “old guy” angle helping him with voters. Mahomes will need to play very well down the stretch to hold off Rodgers IMHO.
[Reply]
Sackattack 09:14 AM 12-01-2020
Chiefsfanatic, no I just didn't come out of any coma, i'm just saying that PM is having a sensational start to his career with the Chiefs. Yes its all fun, and enjoyable to watch, but let's give him several more years and see what his stats are among others. He is young, mobile, and definetly talented. But if he should become off key or slipping in his playing ability, then he will have lost his status. and fall in with other past QB's who started out high, and fell from grace. Im not saying he will fall , but lets enjoy it while it lasts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 AM 12-01-2020

He should, but he may not. And I don't really care. I mean, LeBron should have won far more MVPs than he did, but the media is in it to make headlines, so it is what it is.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:39 AM 12-01-2020
Chiefsfanatic, no I just didn't come out of any coma, i'm just saying that PM is having a sensational start to his career with the Chiefs. Yes its all fun, and enjoyable to watch, but let's give him several more years and see what his stats are among others. He is young, mobile, and definetly talented. But if he should become off key or slipping in his playing ability, then he will have lost his status. and fall in with other past QB's who started out high, and fell from grace. Im not saying he will fall , but lets enjoy it while it lasts.
You act as if PM is a qb that In in his mid to late 30s. Enjoy it while it lasts?

You've got this wrong way around. PM is getting more and more dangerous with each season. Its one thing to get by on pure physical ability, but Mahomes has the mind.

We just saw against the bucs, he no more than breaks the huddle, and he's instantly yelling COVER ZERO COVER ZERO!

Instantly recognizing the defense and a second after the ball is snapped, the ball is in flight to hill.

This kid is razor sharp mentally already, and getting better each week. When you give a guy with his skillset the coverage....forget it. Youre ****ed.

Gonna be a LONG time before we see any sort of decline in his play. The only way Mahomes can be stopped is trash performances by the protection.

Invest in O line, this guy will become the Destroyer of Worlds.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:57 AM 12-01-2020
These posts are so incredibly dull. First off, I don't know anyone that isn't enjoying Mahomes, so just stop with that stupid shit.

But this comment is just lol moronic:

"But if he should become off key or slipping in his playing ability, then he will have lost his status. and fall in with other past QB's who started out high, and fell from grace."

He's been a regular season MVP, and will most likely win another this year. He's won a SB and been the SB MVP. He's breaking records, setting new standards and he's only 25. He's done more in 2.75 years as a NFL Starting QB than most QB's do in their entire careers. There's only a select few that have done what he's done this early in his career. The only thing that would drop his ability is if he got seriously injured - which isn't a fall from grace. He's a once in a generation talent. Embrace it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 62
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up